[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't this get the recognition it deserves? Production
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: GovernmentPlates.jpg (5 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
GovernmentPlates.jpg
5 KB, 220x220
Why doesn't this get the recognition it deserves?

Production wise it's one of the greatest, most interesting albums I've ever heard.
I honestly think it's the best DG record
>>
lack of stefan. it's more an andy album

some people only care about stefan
>>
Because people who got into dg from fantano
and the money store don't really get it.
Notm outdoes it instrumentally and has more presence from stefan.
Also its really rooted in electronic sounds like jungle, wonky and bass music. DG gets labeled hip hop constantly so thats bound to drive down its popularity.
>>
>>66050089
idk man, but it's autistic how people dismiss it
>>
my favorite album, the music along with the videos feels so esoteric and unnerving
>>
>>66050089
it does get recognition on this board. It's pretty much overrated on here. It's like NotM without the catchiness. Second half is weak af excluding the last track.
>>
>>66050255
I'm autistic and I love it
>>
Their last great album imo
>>
>>66050089
conceptually, it's a masterpiece
>>
>>66050300
Big House and the title track are both pretty good imo
>>
>>66050210
I care about all of the members equally which is rare for a band, as I usually picture the lead vocalist as the face of the band.
When one member of DG isnt there as much, I think the music suffers.

>>66050255
You keep throwing around that word but I dont think it means what you think it means.
>>
You haven't heard much then
>>
Because it's a horrible, uninspired LP. It's just NLDW but worse in every single way. As a Death Grips fan, I fucking hate this album. It's completely uninteresting and you've got shit taste if you honestly think it's their best.
>>
>>66050300
>It's like NOTM without the catchiness
World's least intelligent post
>>
>>66051023

This exactly. If you exclude the first and last tracks, the entire thing just feels completely unfinished. For me it's not even about lack of Stefan as much as it's like they threw a bunch of bleep bloops together and never figured out where they were going. Look at the 1:12 mark of This Is Violence Now, or the 0:20 mark of Bootleg. It's terrible.

If they'd held tracks like Feels Like A Wheel to be interludes-ish for later albums, or just waited to refine the songs, I think it would have been a lot better.
>>
File: plebs.png (366 KB, 916x539) Image search: [Google]
plebs.png
366 KB, 916x539
>>
>>66051182
They both get long, percussion driven and instrumental jam sounding like a hella album but more electronic
>>
>>66051120
You have been banned from the channel
>>
It's the most generic of their LPs.

It's kind of like like Andy went all Eddie Van Halen synth on us.
>>
>>66052326
Not to say I don't like either Government Plates of indulgent Eddie Van Halen synth riffs.
>>
>>66052326
I guess, but EVH on synth as far as Death grips, it reminds me of EVH on Fair Warning and 1984 where it sounds really weird and fucked, whereas later its just cheese

independently, I like Gov Plates and I think its pretty good. I'm not sure where the generic part is (maybe I haven't listened to enough electronic music? idk)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaEdKwXJhM

FUCK YEAH
>>
>>66052422
why can't this
be
LOOOOOOOOOOVE
>>
GP is somewhere in my top 3 DG albums for sure. love the heavy electronics, all the loops and arpeggios, and the chopped vocals are one of my favorite aspects

>>66050300
>It's like NotM without the catchiness
>>66051023
>It's just NLDW but worse in every single way
do either of you have any familiarity with synthesizer-centric music outside of Death Grips? good lord.
>>
>>66050089
>>66050300
>I honestly think it's the best DG record

as much as i love it, posts about how underrated it is and how it's their best album are slightly annoying. It's obviously not. It can be your favorite but it's objectively their worst album- that doesn't mean it's bad though. I prefer it to NLDW personally but the songwriting is just worse. Lack of lyrics hurts it too.

>>66050234
also fantano
>>
>>66050089
I'm inclined to agree OP
>>
File: 1400020311444.png (39 KB, 225x228) Image search: [Google]
1400020311444.png
39 KB, 225x228
>>66050089
>Production wise it's one of the greatest, most interesting
How old are you?
>>
>>66053854

ikr

its like every meme grips fan calling the nerd with the glasses "da best elaktronic music producer evar" without ever saying why or what criteria they used to come up with such (ignorant) opinion
>>
It was too ahead of its time. I didn't truly "get it" until I heard Niggas on the Moon.
>>
>>66054187
generally when you know little about something you think you know quite a lot because you don't understand how much there is to know...

a lot of people have a little knowledge and actually started noticing "production" thanks to the tubez and /mu/ and so on....

ya
>>
Only bad song is I'm Overflow, everything else is great.

GP > NLDW
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.