[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After all these years and explanations about the meaning of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 93756.png (455 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
93756.png
455 KB, 1600x900
After all these years and explanations about the meaning of the lyrics, what's /mu/ opinion about this classic?
>>
not that good desu
>>
>>66049827
I liked it when I was in hs but then I read all those dystopian novels (1984, brave new world and stuff like that) and realized the theme was done to death and was nothing special, feel the same way about deltron, even though using that aproach on hip hop was a bit fresher
>>
I used to love it but now I just like it a lot. Some of it sorta soured on me. I like The Final Cut better now. Much more consistent.
>>
>>66049827
Not consistent enough but pretty good. Animals, Dark Side, and WYWH all blow it out of the water.
>>
it;s just okay
>>
>>66049827
terribly overrated
>>
Good Album. The last good Floyd-related project.
>>
>>66051818
Also atom heart mother. Mad underrated
>>
>>66051818
I have to agree with you. Never got really really into the Wall. But those albums in particular, plus Meddle and Atom Heart Mother are all magnificent.
>>
NOOOOOO BLAAAAAARG PIINK FLOYD ARE AMAaaazZIIING
>>
>>66049827
I like it a lot. Probably 3rd best Pink Floyd album after Animals and WYWH.
>>
>>66049948
Shit Opinion
>>66050042
Yeah but it literally made a concept album a marketable thing
>>66050072
Is the final cut good? I listen to the beginning and loved it
>>66051840
It's one of their best albums
>>66051853
at times
>>66051879
Floyd has had consistently good production besides endless river and that album was like a 6/10 anyway. It was a sad death of an amazing band desu.
>>66052840
Overrated at times but amazing
>>66052854
this
>>
It's basically what would happen if Boston/Styx/REO Speedwagon tried to go prog.
>>
IMO
Animal>Darkside=WYWH> wall
>>
>>66049827
Favorite Pink Floyd album- is it cool to hate it now or something?

I feel like there's more to listen to and grows on you as apposed to DSOTM that kind of fades with each listen...
>>
Wall was Floyd's breakthrough into the "arena rock" style of music writing. Post-Wall albums are still good, but really showed that Gilmour and Wright's direction were more focused on ballads and more bells and whistles.
>>
>>66054179
i def dont think its bad, just not as good
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.