[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey gae bois, Not new to 4chan but new to r/mu. What is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Alvvays.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Alvvays.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
Hey gae bois,

Not new to 4chan but new to r/mu.

What is the general consensus on this band? I saw them in a concert at a little bar in Texas, pretty quiet bunch but super nice as far as people go.

The drummer had to take a dump immediately after the show and I also had to pee really badly. While I was in there this drunk guy talked to the drummer through the stall the entire time he was trying to take a crap. The drummer was super nice about it though and carried on an entire conversation with this dude all while on the shitter.
>>
boring indie pop
>>
>>66049009
this
>>
>>66049009
Boring because indie pop? Or just boring as far as indie pop goes?
>>
Nice little discussion we have going here. No wonder no one browses this sub.
>>
they have some nice songs that go down well at art people parties. Frankie Cosmos does a very similar thing but a bit more substantial though imo
>>
>>66049480
Cool, thanks for the recommendation. I'll look him up.

I enjoyed it, but that doesn't always mean it's good, in fact it usually means the opposite. I seem to have trashy taste.
>>
>>66049064
>>66049064
Boring because indie pop. It's just an oversaturated genre at this point. Uninteresting and somewhat uninspired. But as far as boring indie pop goes, some of the catchiest songwriting the genre has seen in a decade.

Plus, Molly is charming as fuck.
>>
That's pretty hilarious. What a cool guy.
>>
>>66049480
>Frankie Cosmos does a very similar thing but a bit more substantial though imo

are you kidding me?
>15 songs 28 minute record
>more substantial
>>
I like them. The music is REALLY simple, but the way the lead singer delivers the melodies is undeniably great.

highlight of the album for me is in "The Agency Group" where she sings the chorus
>>
FRESH NEW PASTA THANK YOU OP
>>
>>66048988
>r/mu
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
File: cult-of-personality-art-sm.jpg (578 KB, 1021x1021) Image search: [Google]
cult-of-personality-art-sm.jpg
578 KB, 1021x1021
you guys might dig this then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpWvlnMqLXc
>>
>>66049381
>three replies into the thread

"LOL NICE DISCUSSION NO WONDER MU IS SHIT xDD"
>>
>>66048988
i love this record AND it was produced by the man chad vangaalen
>>
>>66048988
>r/mu
kys
>>
>>66051746
kiss your self
>>
>>66048988
Semi-decent album, but they suck live.
Archie, Marry Me is their worst song.

I'd rather listen to CHVRCHES, and I don't even like CHVRCHES.
>>
>>66052404
Shut up you contrarian faggot
>>
>>66052404
archie is a great song
>>
>>66052884
No I'm serious. They were probably the worst band I heard from Coachella this year. I quickly switched the stream to another stage and remember enjoying Chronixx a lot more.

>>66052934
nope, it sucks
>>
>>66053008
kys
>>
>>66053034
please read >>66052734
>>
I like them, even if it's "boring indie pop", It's cozy
>>
Like them a lot. I love when the guitarist hits those reverby chords with lots of whammy bar. Make a really interesting and surprisingly good sound. Really like Adult Diversion, Archie Marry Me, and Party Police.
>>
>>66048988
a personal 9/10
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.