[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on these guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: ghost-1384793579.jpg (325 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ghost-1384793579.jpg
325 KB, 640x640
thoughts on these guys?
>>
>>66047443
metal for people that dont listen to metal
>>
absolute poseur cancer
>>
File: 1461083726088.png (75 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1461083726088.png
75 KB, 300x256
>>66047455
>Ghost
>Metal
>>
>>66047465
>Ghost
>Ghost is a Swedish heavy metal band that was formed in Linköping in 2008. In 2010, they released a 3-track demo followed by a 7" vinyl titled "Elizabeth", and later their debut full-length album Opus Eponymous. Wikipedia
>>
>>66047443
I really want to enjoy their music but the cheesiness makes it impossible for me
>>
File: link is a girl.gif (172 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
link is a girl.gif
172 KB, 250x250
>>66047480
>wikipedia
>falling for the genres meme
>>
They are pretty bad and gimmicky.

It's like Abba trying to go metal.
>>
>>66047499
>AllMusic Review by Eduardo Rivadavia [+]
By all rights, one would expect a band that hails from a heavy metal hotbed like Sweden, signs with a British heavy metal label, and pens songs steeped in Satanic liturgy, then performs them in frightful disguises while maintaining secret identities, to be a heavy metal band. But Ghost's 2010 debut album, Opus Eponymous, confounds such expectations by rating no higher than a three or four out of ten on a third millennium scale of metallic heaviosity, if you catch the meaning. In other words, although its songs are .....
>Ghost

Country of origin:
Sweden
Active
Formed in:
Genre:
Heavy Metal/Rock
Lyrical themes:
Satanism, Darkness, Evil
Current label:
Loma Vista Recordings
Years active:
2008-present
The real names of the band members have so far not been revealed, but Tobias Forge of Repugnant has song and lyrical credits under the pseudonym A Ghoul Writer, according to http://www.stim.se (Swedish Performing Rights Society).

In 2013, Ghost was forced to go under the moniker Ghost B.C. when being marketed in the US due to another band named Ghost demanding ownership for the title. They were able ...
>>
on my ipod with steel panther, tenacious d and mastodon
>>
>>66047443
I think they're ok. I saw them live once and they were really good though.
>>
>>66047531
oh god
>>
>>66047443
They are a good live band, but way less interesting than many actual bands in the same style.
>>
they seem reliant on goofy gimmicks
>>
SCOOBY
DOO
METAL
>>
>>66047465
About as metal as any early metal band.
>>
>>66047443
they're okay. some performance where fine, but it seems they're not the hardcore ones. feels like novelty more than a true passion
>>
They're fun. I don't listen to them all too much, and they're not my go-to when I feel like Metal, but they're catchy and fun.
>>
>>66048611
>way less interesting than many actual bands in the same style
Very true. Uncle Acid is probably the most interesting.
>>
>>66047443
They suck.
>>
>>66047531
Don't make fun of Mastodon
>>
>>66047443
They're alright.
>>
Scooby Doo Chase Music tm
>>
>>66051846
it's hard not to, since they themself make fun of their band nowadays
>>
>>66047443
One of my favorite bands of this decade.
>>
>muh gimmick
>muh faux vintage sound
>muh.. muh..
that's pretty much it, now stop
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.