[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Tenacious D the cringiest music related thing ever created?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: retards.jpg (214 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
214 KB, 620x375
Is Tenacious D the cringiest music related thing ever created?
>>
they're pretty good. Not cringe at all.
>>
No, that would be Death Grips
>>
don't be jealous they got the pick of destiny
>>
No, that would be Radiohead
>>
No that would be your favorite band
>>
that would be the avalanches and their smash summer hit 'frankie sinatra'
>>
File: ITAOTS.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ITAOTS.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>
File: 324324234.gif (149 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
324324234.gif
149 KB, 600x600
>>66046892
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

DELETE THIS POST RIGHT NOOOOW

JANITOR I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS, THERE WILL BE SERIOUS REPERCUSSIONS IF NO ACTION IS TAKEN. DELETE THAT POST IMMEDIATELY AHHHHHHHH
>>
>>66046763

Yes they're literally "I'm a quirky teenage girl xDDD" core.
>>
It's literally no cringier than any other comedy band, any other stoner film, and any other comedy music film.
>>
>>66046763
You're jealous because you've never deactivated the lasers with your dick
>>
File: 1432629728267.jpg (12 KB, 249x255) Image search: [Google]
1432629728267.jpg
12 KB, 249x255
>>66046763
Jack Black is the opposite of cringe
>>
>>66047798
"hey look i am making weird faces ahah so funn"
>>
>>66046763
Only literal faggots who take themselves way too seriously think tenacious d is cringe, desu.
>>
>Is x the cringiest music related thing ever created?
>Is X Metal?
>No.

Then no.
>>
CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S A MAN
>>
>>66046763
They dont take themselves seriously though.

Cringe would be people taking themselves seriously and playing awful music and wearing stupid costumes. Steampunk Giraffe meets these criteria
>>
File: Exaliftin.jpg (239 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
Exaliftin.jpg
239 KB, 520x638
one time on xbox live in 2008 I played a a random online match of fifa. I started singing 'Kickapoo' over the microphone and after about 10 seconds the other guy joined in. We sang the entire 4-5 minute song in completely synchronized without either of us fucking up a single word or stopping to speak to each other.
>>
>>66046763
implying weird al isn't the infinite cringe king.
>>
cardiacs
>>
>>66046763
It's more sad than cringe, because Kyle is a decent guitarist and Jack unironically has a hell of a fucking voice. They could be a seriously decent band if they'd had the confidence to take themselves seriously.
>>
>>66047840
Well played, Anon.
>>
>>66048288
>I feel pity for these famous millionaires doing what they enjoy as a career and excelling in it (to a degree)
take a step back and look at yourself m8
>>
>>66046763
Their first album is solid, what cringe?
>>
>>66047915
the high point of your life
>>
>>66048443
Where did I say I pity them? I just said it's a shame they never had the self belief to reach their full potential as a serious band. Black himself said he always wanted to be a rock star but lacked the ability and could only afford an acoustic so they became a joke band instead. Money isn't everything.
>>
>>66048692
You have not proved anything kid
>>
File: so salt.jpg (31 KB, 480x397) Image search: [Google]
so salt.jpg
31 KB, 480x397
>>66048692
>>
>>66048288
Here's the thing about Jack. The man had some serious pipes.
>>
>>66048288
>>66048539
I'm genuinely surprised Wonderboy didn't become a big radio hit. The song is great and the production is fantastic.
>>
>>66047818
"let me show you how to ROCK and ROOOLLLL, abibi dibi bibly dee bop"
>>
File: You cannot be this stupid.jpg (21 KB, 357x412) Image search: [Google]
You cannot be this stupid.jpg
21 KB, 357x412
>>66048248
Dude. Al is patrician. He's unironically one of the best lyricists around
>>
>>66048539
>Where did I say I pity them?
>It's more sad than cringe
>>
I DO NOT NEED
>>
A LONG ASS FUCKIN' TIME AGO
>>
>>66046763
The HBO show and era was amazing. Everything after is cringe. Although, I did like the Wonderboy video.
>>
[spoiler]UHF[/spoiler] > High Fidelity > School of Rock > Pick of Destiny

[spoiler]I know /mu/ has no spoilers[/spoiler]
>>
>>66046763
I can only assume you live a life sheltered from cringe.
>>
>>66050648
A MICROPHONE
>>
No that would be 80s tribute band Jessie's Girl
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.