[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Coldplay.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Coldplay.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>>66046545
Brian Eno had better things to do
>>
>>66046545
they carried on existing after VLV

and desu I very nearly typed Rush of Blood, but they have enough good songs on VLV for me to allow it
>>
>>66046545
They tried to hard to stay mainstream that they ended up becoming a top 40
Garbage pop band
>>
>>66046545
They stop trying to copy Radiohead
>>
>>66046577
It's honestly a shame, desu. Their first 4 LP's were pretty great, IMO. Everything after that got way too overproduced and sugary, though.
>>
Coldplay write incredibly good melancholy anthems, great songs but with the exception of Rush of Blood to the Head, christ, their albums are so full of filler.
>>
>>66046545
I never knew Syd Barrett was in Coldplay.
>>
>>66046611
That's the problem with getting too popular. If the artist doesn't have integrity they opt to protect the money stream at all costs. Coat everything in sugar for mass consumption.
>>
>>66046545
shitty vocalist
>>
>>66046596
kinda this

I never really thought they were trying to copy Radiohead to begin with; I thought there were some influences sure, but I never got the copycat thing. It's more that they stopped trying to copy the spirit of Radiohead -- not so much the sound.
>>
>>66046545
Coldplay had some really good hits but they never really made a great album. It was always:

>2-4 fantastic songs
>the rest is boring filler

Then they became a pop band and all their music turned to shit.
>>
>>66048046

Parachutes is pretty a GOAT sad-rock album
>>
they were always complete MOR garbage
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.