[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm visiting my niece and nephew in about a week and a half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1467006081807.jpg (105 KB, 503x786) Image search: [Google]
1467006081807.jpg
105 KB, 503x786
I'm visiting my niece and nephew in about a week and a half and my brother asked me to make them mixtapes because he knows I'm a music guy. I've done this once before and they seemed to like it a lot so I'm happy to introduce them to new stuff. The girl is about 12 and the boy is about 10. Here's what I picked out for them

G
>Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
>The Sugarcubes - Birthday
>Kate Tempest - Circles
>Ella Fitzgerald - Summertime
>Janis Joplin - Ball and Chain
>Esperanza Spalding - Unconditional Love
>Norah Jones - Tell Me Why (Neil Young Cover)
>Portishead - It Could Be Sweet
>Courtney Barnett - Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go To The Party
>Laura Nyro - Stoney End
>Marina and the Diamonds - Hollywood
>Nina Simone - Feeling Good
>Ani DiFranco - Not A Pretty Girl

B
>Focus - Hocus Pocus
>Outkast - Hey Ya!
>Voltaire - Land of the Dead
>Meat Puppets - Buckethead
>Brother Ali - Forest Whitiker
>Clutch - Rock and Roll Outlaw
>Pixies - Mr. Grieves
>Beastie Boys - Shadrach
>Oysterhead - Mr. Oysterhead
>Captain Beefheart - Sugar N' Spikes
>Danger Doom - Benzie Box
>Van Halen - Ice Cream Man
>Ween - Ocean Man

Am I a good uncle?
>>
all they need is ocean man
>>
>>66044342
you may be right
>>
I would switch the Pixies song to Here Comes Your Man or La La Love You. Also I feel like Yo La Tengo could be nice for younger listeners, Sugarcube or Autumn Sweater maybe.
>>
I feel like your nephew could like some ramones songs, no reason really other than they were my favourite band when i was ten
>>
>>66044406
>La La Love You
why would I make him listen to the worst song on Doolittle

>>66044428
which ones?
>>
>>66044437
kkk took my baby away, i wanna be sedated, hey ho lets go, lots to choose from really
>>
Need more Death Grips and Gorgoroth.
>>
>>66044514
>*glass breaks*
>*brother never speaks to me again*
>>
>no pavement

come on. it's like you don't want your niece and nephew to have fun.
>>
>>66044522
government plates would be very inapropro

i would start easy with no love
>>
>>66044569
can't get too esoteric on em

>>66044559
maybe when the boy is old enough to get stoned and wear shitty longsleeve shirts I'll give him some Pavement
>>
>>66044569
no, but niggas on the moon is the most kid friendly (save 1-2 tracks)
>>
>>66045251
NOTM at their age might paralyze them
>>
Some dream pop might be nice for the girl. Put some Cocteau Twins or Slowdive or something

Bjork could work too, depending on the song

I bet they'd love some Sufjan Stevens, get some Come On! Feel the Illinoise! or Chicago on there

Boy might like some stuff like QotSA or Kyuss I guess

idk out of ideas
>>
>>66044320
What kind of corny fucking family do you come from? Mixtapes? Why the fuck do they need your mixtapes, they have the internet ffs
>>
>>66046164
This. Stop trying to be a television show
>>
>>66044320
>captain beefheart
now you gotta show him the whole album
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.