[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any prog metal bands like Dream Theater that I won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 1401x788
Are there any prog metal bands like Dream Theater that I won't get made fun of for liking?
>>
>>66037358
Maybe Opeth. I mean some people here like em. But you'll always find that one faggot who shits on you for liking Prog Metal. Or Metal in general.
>>
ayreon maybe? into the electric castle is real good
>>
>>66037358
sikth, ihsahn, leprous, pain of salvation. i dunno
>>
>>66037440
opeth isn't even really considered prog metal, although I've never listened to them before so I can't tell you for sure
>>
>>66037498
The Theory Of Everything is a masterpiece fampai
>>
Symphony X
>>
Haken
>>
OP Prog Metal is the kind of genre that's going to be made fun of regardless of band. Your out of luck there.
>>
>>66037589
Well progressive death metal is still progressive metal.
>>
>>66037358
Prog was never my thing
You could probably get away with Pain of Salvation, Riverside, Disillusion, Anubis Gate, Pagan's Mind. Maybe even Cynic, Lykathea Aflame or Ne Obliviscaris. Listened to all of them and only enjoyed a few somewhat. To clarify the first two are traditional prog, the next two are heavily power metal influenced, Cynic and Lykathea incorporate a lot of death metal (especially the latter) and Ne Obliviscaris has a bit of black metal influences.
I don't know if Edge of Sanity counts but I used to like them a lot. The guy in charge, Dan Swanö, has had a bunch of prog metal projects that you could maybe dig up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.