[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys no offense but if you have to train yourself to like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ycGniRz.jpg (590 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ycGniRz.jpg
590 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys no offense but if you have to train yourself to like an album it probably isn't a very good album
>>
Many cant just go listen to late era Coltrane and enjoy it without understanding its context in jazz's progression

Some albums require knowledge before to understand
>>
what do you mean "train yourself"?
>>
I don't know man, moonbase alpha is pretty fucking hard to get into
>>
>>66034106
Not op but I think he means the
> HOLY SHIT just listened to this for the 78th time and it FINALLY clicked threads/posts like no you just forced yourself to like it after realizing how much of your time you wasted
>>
>>66036107
>>66033427
same poster
>>
File: DEMONS_DANCE_ALONE.jpg (103 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
DEMONS_DANCE_ALONE.jpg
103 KB, 1000x1000
Nah. Just means you aren't used to it or you don't understand it yet.

Residents are a key example of this. Residents stuff is so out there, especially in what they are trying to accomplish that if you aren't used to avant garde it can take a bit to get used to and figure out what's going on. It finally clicked with me one day after trying to finish The Commercial Album for the 14th time, and then I could listen to any of their albums from then on.
>>
nah, that rather means the opposite, that it probably is an objectively good album, because it's like nothing you've heard before and offers a lot to take in. if you can get into it instantly, the opposite is more likely the case

but it doesn't matter much because the end result is that you like it either way
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.