[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swans live discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: swans live.jpg (772 KB, 2738x1825) Image search: [Google]
swans live.jpg
772 KB, 2738x1825
What do you think they will have on their setlist during this next tour? What are you hoping for?

If someone is going to a Swans show without knowing much about them do you think it'd be a good idea to show them some of Swans' music first or just let them experience it first hand live.

Personally i'm hoping for Cloud of Unknowing, The Glowing Man, and at least a couple songs from To Be Kind. Also i'm taking my dad and can't decide whether or not to show him more of their music cause i think he'd appreciate it more in a live setting, but he also might get more out of it if he's familiar with at least a couple songs. He normally listens to blues, rock, and folk but he has an appreciation for older veteran musicians who still put a lot into their performances and i think he'll get a kick out of Gira
>>
Sadly, they probably won't play COU or TGM since those tracks were performed on the last tour and I doubt Gira will want to revisit them now they have both been recorded. I'd bet they'll play The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black, People Like Us, and Finally, Peace. I saw in a recent interview that new songs will also form a big part of the upcoming set.
>>
>>66030896
source to that interview? i find it really hard to believe that they won't play The Glowing Man considering it's the center piece of their new album and this is their final tour for this lineup. are you sure these "new songs" aren't just continuations or improvised versions of old songs?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.