[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>around 9 or 10 >big sis and big bro ask me what my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1418159413314.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1418159413314.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
>around 9 or 10
>big sis and big bro ask me what my favorite song is
>tell them I don't have one
>they ask me if I like music
>literal only music I've heard in my life at this point is trashy rap and maybe 25 seconds of jazz at low volume
>tell them I don't like music because I like none of these things
>10 years later
>my actual favorite genres are rock, metal, and jazz

This is not okay.
>>
>>66026579
thanks for this utterly boring story of your life. saged
>>
>>66026604
No prob. I just have a boring life in general. Nothing I could tell you would be exciting
>>
Well blogged my friend
>>
>>66026579
The feels are real, I used to say I didn't like music until I was 14.
Only thing I had listened were pop, pop folk and techno and rap, so I had my reasons.
When I was 14 I started listening to albums soon after I discovered I liked music, now my favorites are modern classical and free improvisation.
>>
File: 1464985610594.jpg (27 KB, 575x672) Image search: [Google]
1464985610594.jpg
27 KB, 575x672
>"i thought you didn't like music anon"
>said that when i was like twelve or something
>>
>>66026579
This.

I'm not kidding when I say /mu/ is literally the reason I got interested in music.
>>
Can't identify with this at all. Always liked music as far back as I can remember, even when all I'd heard was 90's R&B and radio pop.

I remember vividly being taken to school in the first grade and hearing "I Want to Dance With Somebody" on the radio. I was hooked.

During the summers, I would watch an old VHS tape of the "top 100 music videos of all time" my parents had recorded in the 80's. The #1 track was "We Built This City" by Starship.

I used to just listen to that over and over again.

Honestly, you jabronies are always giving me guff over liking "pop composers" like Sibelius and Dvorak. And I always get shit for preferring more traditional stuff to free jazz.

I'm starting to think maybe some of y'all like the feeling of talking about music more than you like the feeling of listening to it. --which is cool and all; most of you have very interesting musical opinions.

I just can't imagine being that young and not impressed by everything you heard. I was.
>>
>>66027155
I know what you mean, but /mu/ is obviously more about image and talking about music rather than listening to it. It's not a radio station, it's an imageboard.

I can't imagine how people can "not like music". And I don't mean like anons hating an album, I mean just people in general not liking the medium.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.