[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Death in June? And Sol Invictus, Current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: DSC_0676.jpg (43 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0676.jpg
43 KB, 399x600
What does /mu/ think of Death in June? And Sol Invictus, Current 93, etc.?
>>
Underrated on this board for a number of reasons. Sol invictus is my least favorite out of all then, death in june is alright, and current 93 is brilliant.

The genre is pretty interesting, and I think that there is still a lot that can be explored within it.
>>
File: Flowers from Exile.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Flowers from Exile.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
Rome made the best neofolk album
>>
>>66026636
Yeah, I only think Sol Invictus has a few good albums, but Looking for Europe is a great song
I personally like Death in June the most, Nada! is a masterpiece desu
Current 93 is iffy, Tibet's voice can get annoying at times to me

>>66026663
I haven't listened to them, any recs?
>>
>>66026691
You should listen to Flowers From Exile and Masse Mensch Material. If you enjoyed them listen to the rest of their stuff
>>
God tier music.

Currently I'm checking the stuff DIJ had with Boyd Rice, don't know why I didn't earlier. Pretty interesting stuff.
>>
Can anybody here give any advice to somebody who wants to start making neo-folk?
>>
Just listened to But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter? (1992) a couple of days ago.

Honestly, I didn't really care for it but it was more pleasant than I was expecting. The religious subject matter of the lyrics, much like Swans, are edge-bait which doesn't really do it for me.

As far as enjoyment I would give it a 6 but I can see why you guys enjoy it.
>>
>>66026540
Poseurcore and pure shite
>>
>>66027821
>God tier

Do you have any idea how fucking embarrassing you sound?
>>
>>66026540
All garbage to my ears personally, though DIJ has a few moments here and there. Also I do respect all mentioned artists for being so unique and not giving a flying fuck about pandering to a scene.
Nurse With Wound and Coil are where it's at IMO
>>66027935
This whole thing about montie getting banned has made me realize it was better when he was here. None of you retards are funny, go the fuck away. I sincerely hate you and all of the other unfunny autistic teenage dipshits spouting the same talk as you are. Go away forever and kill yourself while you're at it.
>>
File: posers.jpg (31 KB, 265x400) Image search: [Google]
posers.jpg
31 KB, 265x400
>>66027887
death in june are edge-bait: the band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYeDpbAwlI
>>
Current 93 is great and DI6 are okay, never listened to Sol Invictus, where should I start?
>>
>>66026691
Listen to Looking For Europe, the compilation on Spotify, today.
>>
>>66028192
start anywhere, it's literally all the same
>>
>death in June
>listening to xenophobic, racist Nazi music
>2016

Ya no
>>
The three of them probably shouldn't be grouped together because they were all interested in different things. I think Death in June is generally 'okay' at best, Sol Invictus sucks, and Current 93 is far and away my favorite band.
>>
who /angels of light/ here?
>>
>>66026663
lol.
that isn't even Rome's best album.

"Neofolk" is a myopic way of understanding a diverse group of artists, but Rome shouldn't really even be grouped with any of them. "Martial Industrial" is more appropriate, or whatever it is.
>>
>>66028247
>angels of Light
>listening to rapist music
>2016

No thank ye
>>
File: 1457576969839.png (2 KB, 333x147) Image search: [Google]
1457576969839.png
2 KB, 333x147
>>66028270
>>
>>66028247
Angels of Light has nothing to do with any of these bands, even a little bit.
>>
>>66028299
nice dubs
>>
>>66028231
bait
>>
>>66026540
Current 93 is easily on my top 10 artists ever
favorite material from him is either All The Pretty Little Horses or I Have A Special Plan For This World
>>
>>66028247
probably the best thing gira has done
>>
>>66028270
>>
>>66026540
But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter is a masterpiece

Current 93 has a few great songs like The Frolic and Blood Bells Chime

Never heard of Sol Invictus
>>
>>66028231
Death in June have worked with Jewish musicians before and Douglas P. was a member of Crisis! who were part of the Rock Against Racism campaign in the UK. He also happens to be gay.
>>
Death in June are pretty solid, especially albums like The World That Summer and when they were influenced by Forever Changes era Love. Sol Invictus have some good songs and it's a shame that they once associated themselves with the National Front. Not mentioned by OP but by others but Boyd Rice has written some decent songs but he's a massive cunt and a pretentious one at that which honestly sort of ruins it for me (as well as his politics).
>>
Ol' Dougie Boy is very quiet on the DIJ yahoo mailing list lately, the silence is deafening.
>>
>>66028020
Do you have any idea what a giant dick you sound like?

Anybody like Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio?
>>
File: 1329407108059.jpg (3 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
1329407108059.jpg
3 KB, 126x121
>>66028160
HAHAHA what the fuck is this?
>>
If you had to explain Current 93 to someone who had never listened to neo-folk before, how would you do it?
>>
>>66028848
>have worked with Jewish musicians
>Rock Against Racism
>He also happens to be gay.

This erases all previous transgressions. He can now do no wrong.
>>
>>
>>66029008
I'm just pointing out that it's pretty unlikely that he's actually a Nazi, he probably just strives for that aesthetic, also he's probably just being a bit of an edgelord (and that comes from someone who likes his music).
>>
sad middle-aged men going gling-glong on grandpa's guitars.
>>
>>66028907
I just know him from his song with Triarii, I haven't listened to him alone
>>66028877
Thanks for the rec, I'll check this out
>>
we wuz romanz and sheeit
>>
File: bittersweet die!.jpg (15 KB, 414x126) Image search: [Google]
bittersweet die!.jpg
15 KB, 414x126
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.