[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt: artists whose entire career has been a result of a pitchfork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 319x319
Itt: artists whose entire career has been a result of a pitchfork score
>>
>>66025677

The Antlers
>>
>>66025677
except not at all because the pitchfork audience doesn't latch onto shit like this anymore
>>66025890
this is also a bad answer

Good answer is something like G.L.O.S.S.
>>
>>66025677
Car Seat Head Rest
>>
>>66025677
I first heard these guys on the radio around the release of Sunbathing Animal. Really liked what i heard, so i checked them out. Shitfork had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>66025906
I know plenty of people who listen to Parquet because pitchfork. just because you don't have friends doesn't mean your opinion holds an absolute truth.
>>
>>66026004
>I know plenty of people who listen to Parquet because pitchfork.

lol no you don't.
>>
How about this except for the Needledrop??

D
E
A
T
H

G
R
I
P
S
>>
>>66025677
Christgau gave this album an A. I like the Lou Reedian vocals, but the band isn't catchy enough for me instrumentally to be bale to hold up the sing-speak act for an entire album's worth.
>>
>>66025677
I didnt know them and saw them live after they released their first album. Pitchfork had nothing to do with it.
Also if i'm not mistaken Shitfork shat on their drone/minimalist/experimental or whatever the fuck you want to call it EP,it was Monastic Living iirc.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 465x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 465x465
>>
>>66025677
Arcade Fire. Win and Merge even confirmed it.

>Arcade Fire is among the bands most commonly cited to have benefited from a Pitchfork review. In a 2005 Chicago Tribune article, a Merge Records employee states, "After the Pitchfork review, [Funeral] went out of print for about a week because we got so many orders for the record."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitchfork_Media#Publicity_and_artist_popularity
>>
>>66026004
i know plenty of people who listen to them not because of pitchfork, lol
>y-you just dont have friends!
I love the taste of projection
>>
>>66025677
Except Light up Gold is their most acclaimed album, and that was never BNM
>>
>>66026023
clarence clarity
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 620x620
>>
>>66026024
the band is just solid. it's modern but preserves the post-punk roots enough to not feel contrived. it's like if real estate had balls mixed with pavement or yo la tengo
>>
>>66026185
I'm glad Clarence clarity got some attention. Best r&b act of the last decade.
>>
>>66025677

I love these guys tho. They're like shitty Pavement, sure, but they really hit me in the "weed decreases the quality of my life but I can't stop smoking it" feel
>>
>>66026647
Interesting, I can't make it past like the third song on No Now. I've tried to listen to it like five times by this point. Does it get better further in? I remember liking the first track but being immediately put off by the
>a life without sex is a life without sin
song. I think that's the second?
>>
>>66026748
I mean is it the lyrics that are putting you off? Because the album is full of weird kinda uncomfortable imagery like that. Not saying the lyrics are 100% poetry, but I think they fit the aesthetic he was looking for
>>
>>66026807
no, just the glitzy, cluttered instrumentation/production really. It's always so much for me to take in that I get overwhelmed and end up turning it off.
>>
>>66026828
Oh yeah, then honestly it just might not be your thing. Although I would recommend listening to the singles. You may like songs like Those Who Can't, Cheat and maybe Cancer in the Water.
>>
>>66026882
thanks dude, ill check those out now
>>
deafheaven
car seat headrest
>>
>>66026049
>Shitfork shat on their drone/minimalist/experimental or whatever the fuck you want to call it EP,it was Monastic Living iirc
good, that album is trash
>>
>>66025677

Then why did "Light up Gold" only get an 8.0?
>>
>>66027160
It's really not, it's one of their most interesting releases
>>
>>66027160
t. pleb
>>
>>66026023
>>66026185
(Not true by the way)
>>
>>66027193
8.0 is a pretty damn good score.
>>
anco
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.