[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys whos better? james ferraro or OPN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: opn.jpg (155 KB, 685x451) Image search: [Google]
opn.jpg
155 KB, 685x451
guys whos better? james ferraro or OPN?
>>
Montiecore-OPN
Boldfaurecore-James
>>
>who's better?
literal shit
>>
>>66025573
oh shit waddup
we dem montieboys
>>
OPN is the better producer and musician in almost every way. Both are good at b8ing critics conceptually. If you like James Ferraro more than OPN you jerk off to yourself probably
>>
OPN
>>
james, obviously
>>
Another vote to OPN but both are shite
>>
James is actually creative where OPN is just making computer wank.
>>
>>66028660
OPN is insanely creative.
>>
>>66026723
James Ferraro's music is way more emotional and he actually writes about interesting things. OPN more often than not is just making the same album over again with a different timbre.

I'm actually kind of perplexed why OPN so often makes the same album. it's like he's creating iterations of a formula on purpose. It always starts with some arppegiating thing, and it shifts to meme vocal samples and broken up chords and shit like a really slow breakcore song with no momentum or direction.

GOD was so terrible. If you took out the bezelbeb meme vocal samples it could pass as a hans zimmer soundtrack, which is impressive (and expensive) from a production standpoint, but pretty boring to listen to more than 2.
>>
>>66028932
he's not
>>
OPN and I say that as a guy who spent a full day teaching Akinator to recognize James Ferraro.
>>
>>66029020
I don't think Replica, R+7, and GoD are that similar.

The sound design and moods of those albums are pretty different. The only song with actual "meme vocals" is Sticky Drama, which is also probably the most poppy song he's done in a while. Everything else on GoD is really diverse.

Ferraro never changes up much from the retro/vapor/mall aesthetic thing, but OPN uses a pretty different sound palette for each album. The only common theme with OPN is hypnotic loops and polyrhythms, and sometimes arps.

They're both good, but OPN is a better producer and composer.
>>
>>66029308
lol are you for real? oneohtrix's first five albums are extremely similar. he only started diversifying it more with replica, but even then he's way less versatile than ferraro

>Ferraro never changes up much from the retro/vapor/mall aesthetic thing
yeah you either haven't listened to most of his music or are trolling
>>
>>66029308
OPN uses the same twangy synth sound on R+7 and GoD. Both arent that spectacular. You wanna talk hypnotic loops? Listen to rerex then get back to me. OPNs loops are so static and bland..
>>
I think both are kinda autistic and that's why I like them
>>
>>66029376
OPN's first albums were really similar but I specifically listed his 3 most recent albums. He's progressed a lot.

I've only listened to 3 of Ferraro's albums and they all sounded like that to me. I'll check out more of his work I guess.

>>66029563
I really disagree that they're static or bland, but that's mostly subjective so I can't argue I guess.
>>
>>66029563
>OPNs loops are so static and bland..
speaking as someone who like his music and makes really static loops myself I agree with that. Most of the stuff on replica isn't that difficult to 'replicate' for lack of a better word
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.