[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was mainstream music better in the past? I think the reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 146479603426.png (562 KB, 1005x562) Image search: [Google]
146479603426.png
562 KB, 1005x562
Was mainstream music better in the past?

I think the reason so many people are clinging on the past and saying that "old music is better" is because they just listen to whatever hits were popular in the past decades, while dissing modern mainstream music as boring. Im talking specially about modern pop music. Thats why they seem oblivious to other modern music that is good, because its not part of what is listened by the average listener.

So lets just restrict the discussion to modern mainstream, pop music. Is it worse than the past mainstream music?
>>
>>66024470
>Was mainstream music better in the past?
Yes, but mainstream music had its peak around the 20s and 30s; was decent up to the 40s and 50s, then became horrible in the 60s and 70s, to become the over-produced market that is from the 80s until today.
>>
>>66024470
no
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.