[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Straya n' shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: muhpeople.png (251 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
muhpeople.png
251 KB, 900x900
Okay, so what's the most "mu-core" place in Australia, aka city or something with a very "mu-core" music scene or a lot of people that you'd expect to act like "mutants"
Need to plan when I move from the middle of nowhere to some place with humans of which I might be able to start a band with/ at least share a common interest in the same type of music.

Alternatively pick a place based on some of my favorite bands/artists and stuff:
Boris, My Bloody Valentine, Thee Oh Sees, Kill Bill the Rapper, Mew, Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, Melt Banana, Odonis Odonis, The Unicorns, Hop Along, The Microphones, Nails, Nick Drake, SubRosa, The Velvet Underground, Ulver, Spectres.

You get the idea. I was thinking melbourne for a while, but some people say Brisbane, and some people tell me I'm going to die alone, so yea
>>
Australia belongs to the aboriginals, get out Whiteys.
>>
>>66023316
THIS IS MY LAND
FUCK OFF YA WHITE DOGS
>>
>>66023308
literally Melbourne

Perth has a good underground scene, but for what you want definitely Melbourne
>>
>>66023316
>>66023325
Funny thing Is my parents are Maltese (and some other wog smut)

>>66023330
Yea, that's what I was thinking in the first place.
>>
>>66023308
Melbourne by a fucking mile.
It's the most cultured place and isn't a shithole like Sydney and Brisbane. Perth has a pretty good scene but Melbourne still tops it. Nick cave and the avalanches are from Melbourne which is pretty cool
>>
>>66023349
>Funny thing Is my parents are Maltese (and some other wog smut)

Please commit suicide
>>
>>66023349
Being a wog is fine. I'm glad I'm not a bogan tbqh
>>
>>66023308
Adelaide or Melbourne
>>
>>66023308
Brisbane has the best punk scene, Melbourne has the best garage scene but predominantly has a focus on indie shit and soul/blues, soft guitar sorta stuff, Sydney has the best rock/ punk scene in the houses and in some parts of town in clubs.
>>
>>66023424
>>66023308
Tbh tho you won't find a place where people act like /mu/tants because they are oddities that just happen to gather on the internet, when in real life they are quite far apart. Just hang around the music crew at the uni's and you'll find a good buncha peeps to hang, because those sorta people generally have friends that are in the wider musical community, even if they're not going to uni.
>>
Adelaide's eastern suburbs are /mu/ core
>>
>>66023308
Melbourne
>>
>>66023351
Yea, also there's also hiatus kaiyote, which I like a lot

>>66023366
Yea, good thing my family is mainly genetics and food and none of the shit parts of the culture (except I think two of my uncles have connections to the mafia)

>>66023371
I don't know anything about Adelaide

>>66023424
Yea, not too into soft guitar stuff (I do enjoy listening to it, not quite playing it), so if I do managed to form a band maybe melbourne isn't the place, I don't know.

>>66023454
I wasn't really hoping for a miracle like people acting like mutants, mainly for people that are open to different music that I can actually have conversations about music with.

Okay, new question, where could I find a cool, grunge-ish, maybe heroin addicted, qt bassist who doesn't really care about much except music?
>>
>>66023308

>ctrl + f
>newtown
>0/0
fucks sake guys
>>
>>66023516
That's bullshit about Melbourne being just soft guitar stuff. Fucking King gizzard are from Melbourne (or somewhere in Victoria)
>>
I dunno about bands, but the best electronic stuff comes out of Melbourne / Sydney.
>>
If you like ambient/EAI, move to Bris so you can be close to Lawrence English/Room40 and go to all the dope shit he always puts on
>>
Even if you take away the music scenes, for something like three years in a row Melbournes been voted the most livable city in the world. Northern suburbs are sick as well
>>
>>66023554
King Gizzard aren't hard and fast by a long shot.
But you can't deny that the majority of Melbourne's live music scene is soft guitar and gassy singers.

>>66023516
Go to Lismore mate. Plenty of music lovers there in certain circles, and I think you'll find your grungy qt easy enough. Maybe not heroin, theres a bit of a generational gap seeing as lots of people grew up with their parents on skag, so aren't too keen on following. But definitely chicks that don't give a fuck about smoking cones and dropping dose.
>>
>>66023595
Thats why you don't go to Melbourne. If its a good place to live, everyone goes there. And hate everyone.
>>
File: Jimmy Ferrari2.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Ferrari2.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>66023568
>tfw normies make fun of me for liking "foxtel menu music"
>>
>>66023606
lmao i live in Lismore. Weird as fuck to see someone mention my small town on 4chan.
>>
Northern suburbs in Melbourne. Not Sydney, due to lock-out laws.
>>
File: oi got any filters.jpg (41 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
oi got any filters.jpg
41 KB, 200x200
>>66023616
>tfw listening to a podcast and they start talking about listening to white noise to help sleep
>they play a sample
>it's just ~tranquil~ recordings of a rainforest
>>
>>66023554
I sure hope so my friend

>>66023555
Yea, I enjoy myself a bit of the beep boop every now and then

>>66023568
Not too into electronic ambient stuff (vaporwave ect) in all honesty, I don't know who Lawrence English is though so i might check him out later, more into loud droney stuff when it comes to ambient music, or buckethead style ambient is good too.

>>66023595
Most liveable also sounds good.

>>66023606
I don't know who to trust in this situation, but yea, I hope melbournes underground music scene is filled with loud noisy shit as well as other smut.
Never heard of Lismore, will check out, grungy qt would be nice too, the heroin thing was a joke, that being said, I wouldn't mind if the cocaine prices are low, I don't like weed or lsd, It makes me unable to do things well, I'll stick with my vodka + occasional large doses of codeine. but yea, cocaine's too expensive, fuck the economy.

>>66023651
well, I guess that guy was right about lismore and shit.
>>
>>66023692
LMao "loud droney stuff" is definitely what I meant, not sure why you assumed vaporwave
>>
>>66023692
Mandy is cheap as chips up there, and you would be able to get cheap shard (ice capital of australia is a mere 20 mins away)

>>66023651
Mate, we probably know each other, what school didya go to?
>>
>>66023692

Melbourne has plenty of noisy bands, heaps of variety. Shows every fucking weekend, and even throughout the week. I've heard Sydney is less like that with lock-out laws coming through. I live close to the city and am spoilt for choice with acts to see.
>>
>>66023673
You do realise thats only Kings Cross right?
>>
>>66023673
Where abouts are you from?
>>
File: 1465114236497.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465114236497.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
probably meme-bourne

music and cucks seem to go hand in hand
>>
>>66023741
RRHS, You?
>>
>>66023719
A lot of my friends listen to vaporwave, or at least like to act like they're from tumblr and wear shitty clothes (are they being ironic, did they invent some form of post-post-ironic stupidity, I don't know), so I never really get to talk to people about good ol' droney stuff, although I think one of my friends doesn't mind bongripper, which I don't mind, which is nice

>>66023741
Never tried ecstasy and don't plan on trying Ice, cocaine, codeine and alcohol are fine because they don't effect my ability to do things to any large degree, and they each have their purpose. I'm not an addict or anything, I just dabble.

>>66023745
Yea, I thought there seemed to be a lot of variety, I'm pretty set on melbourne being the place to go at this point.
>>
>>66023834
Trinity brah, but I had a lot of friends who went to Richmond. What graduating year? Also, Schmosky?
>>
>>66023424
Nahhh Melbs underground is best mate. Footscray is punk central.
>>
>>66023893
On the original note, you should definitely check out Lismore though. Its got a good music scene, although the good music is limited to not at the pubs. The Tattersalls has some good shows every now and again, but its mostly house parties and home gigs, which is funner imo.
>>
>>66023899
I meant to put a fullstop after Ice, I dabbled in cocaine but I had some given to me by a friend and that shit's too expensive to get addicted to, overall a pretty good experience with it though.
>>
>>66023900
2014. Dont know what you mean by schmosky but ive got a mate with a similarish name. Inb4 dox
>>
>>66023900
/Tboys?/
>>
>>66023673
you can still find killer parties and clubs in sydney even with the lockout laws
most of the good ones anyway will stay open to 4-5 even if they arent serving drinks anymore
>>
>>66023912
Fair fair, Footscray is good punk, I'll give ya that. But Bribby punk has spawned the best known Australian punk bands, and continues to produce good punk music despite being a cultural blackspot filled with bogans and businessmen whose great musical callings include shitty club remixes of pop songs or Kerser.
>>
>>66023769
dude lo fi meme house lmao
>>
>>66023944
So many lismore bois in this thread

Anyone /riverrat/
>>
>>66023938
They're a band, 2 years under you though, friends of mine. Thought it was possible. You'd know Joy, Ruby, that crew in the year below you? I'm not gonna dox, I genuinely want to meet someone I know on 4chan, it has never happened to me before.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
why has no australian music been able to top this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtIbcXlFHGI
>>
>>66023963
Maaaaate, another one arrives.

>>66023893
Does this sell lismore for ya, there is lots of us here.
>>
>>66023925
Took a quick look at the location and it's pretty close to some relatives, so yea, that's always nice. I'll look into its music scene a bit more, later.
But yea, you could help me by telling me about it.
And the fact that there seems to be so many people from lismore despite it seemingly being a smaller thing than the main cities is good too.

In case people are reading this in a wog as fuck accent, I sound kind of british, not very wog.
>>
>>66024005
As a bonus, you are close to Byron, which hosts a buttload of good music at The Northern because every touring artist does a show in Byron.
>>
>>66023366
I was kicked out of New Zealand and sent here.
>>
Younger brother writes his own rap, strayan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSZO6dHt2P0
>>
Melbourne.
>>
>>66023330
Melbourne can eat a dick
it's where all of the hipsters from the greatest city in Australia go when they can't get a job
>>
>>66025204
butthurt insecure prick?
>sydfag detected
>>
File: none of your shit.gif (1018 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
none of your shit.gif
1018 KB, 500x700
>>66025232
god I bet you refer to memes in real life
>>
>>66025326
yes i do whats wrong with that?? ;)
>>
>>66025437
you're literally cancer kill yourself you insincere fuck
>>
>>66025475
hey thats a dickish thing to say !
>>
>>66023308
don't go to brisbane it's a shit hole. the people are shit. the weather is shit. you need a big ass fans for you pc. it's illegal to own a rabbit. shit city in an even shitter state.
>>
>>66025691
as a follow up i moved to melbourne and it's awesome
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlbZXz7l8c

Melbourne > Everywhere
>>
Move to Wellington in New Zealand. You'll fit in perfectly. Nice place too
>>
>>66025711
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlbZXz7l8c
A reason not to go to melbourne
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.