[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
they were good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (384 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384 KB, 1024x768
they were good.
>>
>>66022036
No, no they weren't.
>>
>>66022056
Denial desu family
>>
>>66022036
LUL
>>
>>66022036
The Black Parade had some solid tracks.
>>
>it's an "MCR Nostalgia goggles" thread
No thanks
>>
>>66022036
I agree loved me some MCR but after black parade they were pretty shite.
>>
They were quite good, but have a very strange discography as far as consistency goes.

Bullets- 10/10 middle school core, and I still blast it to this day. Really towed the line between emo, screamo, and pop-punk well.

Revenge- Different. The singles were most great, extremely well written song that again blended emo aesthetics with pop-punk instrumentation. However, several tracks on the album suffered from a song writing perspective and I personally considered them filler. Here's looking at you, To The End

Parade- Magnum Opus. Low points were few and far between, and I felt like they made the operatic and concept tones work without going over the top and getting too pretentious. They understood that at their roots they're still just a pop-punk band, but they went ambitious and it paid off.

Desolation Row was a great song and I felt it in no way disrespectful to Dylan. This was the last track they recorded that I consider part of my headcannon.

Danger Days and anything that may or may not have come after- Trash. I will never follow this band again.

Bands like Fall Out Boy followed a very similar career path, although I think FOB wrote better albums in the middle of their career. But yeah, its sad seeing bands that meant so much to me growing either straight up selling out or just completely losing touch with their talent for various reasons. Such is life though, I'm sure our parents generation felt the same way about their favorite bands.
>>
File: 1467138943280.jpg (20 KB, 303x303) Image search: [Google]
1467138943280.jpg
20 KB, 303x303
>>66022479
Hey look, the correct opinion, good work anon
>>
>>66022512
Well hey, thanks guy :)
>>
>>66022479
Fall Out Boys highs were never as high as MCR. That and their lows were much lower. If they would have called it a day rather than reform a few years ago I think people would remember them a little more fondly. Even then though Take this to Your Grave is the only album of there's that does anything for me. After that it all became a little too polished.
>>
>>66022827
Patrick thought he was going to be the next Mozart or something.
>>
they were the smiths of the oughts. (so no)
>>
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 217x48) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 217x48
>>66022479
Holy fucking cringe
>>
>>66024980
>le cringe xD
same to you
>>
>>66022036

only for u kid
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.