[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help a fag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: muhelp.png (2 MB, 3828x1754) Image search: [Google]
muhelp.png
2 MB, 3828x1754
Hey /mu/ should i get a Marshall DSL40C 4 or Marshall MG100FX and a Marshall MG MG412CF 4x12 Cab.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
What type of music do you play?
>>
>>66021526
Depends on a lot of things, what guitar do you Play?
>>
>>66021629
Well I practice in alot of styles but a couple I'd say would be Funk Rock, Punk, Hard Rock and Alternative among others IK it sound like im being a fag I just try to be versatile
>>
>>66021665
I'd personall say the head and cab because you can always upgrade to a better head. And most likely you will, but the 40 watts might still be able to do the trick, I gig with a 100 watt and it's way way louder than I'd ever need it to be.
>>
File: strat.jpg (35 KB, 977x311) Image search: [Google]
strat.jpg
35 KB, 977x311
>>66021641
Mexican Vintage 50s strat (pic related) also have a 60's Jag Im getting and American Strat soon, I really like Fenders.
>>
>>66021674
How necessary would you say upgrading a cab would be. Also for practicing at home it would be fine?
>>
>>66021526
Bump because I have no advice
>>
>>66021744
Checked
>>
>>66021710
For gigging you're never ever going to upgrade a cab if you're buying a 4x12 unless your boris.

Practicing at home might be a little tough if you live with people but it might be easier to get good tones with a solid state without too much volume
>>
>>66021981
Yeah Ill be honest I was leaning more towards the combo but with the whole new head thing I think im getting the cab and head I figure I could throw in a compressor for bedroom play
>>
>>66022001
And also keep in mind what you're bandmates are playing. If they're playing 15 watt combos then maybe the combo would be better, but if they're playing 50 or 100 watt heads and cabs then go for the head and cab. Depends on what you are trying to keep up with.
>>
>>66021981
>>66022001

You'd be upgrading when you realize you don't need a goddamn 412. I have a 2x12 diagonal cab made by Avatar cabs plus a 20 watt el84 amp I built and that thing could make me deaf in a matter of hours.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.