[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Needle Drop Podcast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: needledropcraigmemerapjenkins.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
needledropcraigmemerapjenkins.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
How does /mu/ feel about Anthony Fantano's podcast? Is he good at interviewing people? Any memorable episodes?

I just listened to Craig Jenkins ep, it pretty much confirmed to me everything I hate about modern music writers - that guy is such an inarticulate asshole.
>>
>>66021308
he had a really good episode with filthy frank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UYz2eNoS8
>>
>>66021308
That nigger (jenkins) should pull yeezys dick out his ass sometime
>>
>>66021308
I tried listening to the one with Sam Hyde of Million Dollar Extreme, as a fan of MDE. Sam wouldn't let up this shitty Jamaican accent which was sort of funny but then just wouldn't stop. And then they got into serious questions and I just didn't like listening to Sam talking in a serious voice and not saying funny shit so I stopped the video. Fantano's good at what he does tho, imo.
>>
Having talked to him on Twitter at length, Craig is one of the only guys that I can sincerely and wholeheartedly say that I hate.

I don't hate him in a teenage / hyperbolic way; I genuinely believe the world would be a better place if he would die.
>>
>>66021567
Links to Twitter conversations? Or do you care to summarize why you hate him? Why is he so loathed? I've read some of his p4k reviews btw, I just don't remember what was so bad about them.
>>
>>66021308
memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9GAEn_nMI
>>
I dislike several things that Fantano's done but the podcasts are surprisingly consistent quality-wise. I'd prefer it if he kept doing them since some were pretty nice. He at least gets points for keeping it cool during the Craig Jenkins one, holy shit that guy was bad.

>>66021517
I disliked it too. His videos also seem less interesting now since he's revealed his actual political alignment. I don't care about it personally but it it was funny thinking he could sincerely be making fun of either side.
>>
>>66021637
>His videos also seem less interesting now since he's revealed his actual political alignment.
Where and when did he reveal this? I guess I haven't kept up too much. As far as I can tell, he's always making fun of extreme left-wing, overly-sensitive, "triggered," hardcore Bernie type fans. So, I'm guessing he's pretty right-leaning convervative?
>>
>>66021308
Inarticulate asshole huh? You wouldn't use that to describe Mr. Vegan Trap-flavored-beats himself?
>>
>>66021593
>Or do you care to summarize why you hate him?
I don't, really.

To dignify Craig with any depth of character beyond tumblr BLM dogshit and black people Twitter would be dishonest to the nature of my interaction with him.

Craig is the special kind of fucking idiot that knows just enough to manipulate everything around him so that it appears to be against him and he can posture as some kind of @deray hero for black people Twitter and his token status as a journalist.
>>
>>66021706
Yeah, he is. He reveals this like halfway into the podcast. I don't have any problems with it like I said, but part of the draw to his videos is that you never knew if he was making fun of the Bernie fans, or if he was making fun of the other people making fun of the Bernie fans. I honestly thought that is what he was going for, but I guess not.
>>
>>66021308
Someone PLEASE make him interview James Ferraro.
>>
didn't know there was a needle drop podcast, thanks. I've been looking for a good podcast to listen to for a while now.
>>
>>66023717
he's surprisingly really good at interviewing people. Not the biggest TND fan, but his podcasts are actually really comfy and pretty interesting.
>>
It only exists because he loves listening to himself talk which is why he does what he does. He's a self absorbed turd.
>>
File: Is that a light 10 I see here.png (371 KB, 595x341) Image search: [Google]
Is that a light 10 I see here.png
371 KB, 595x341
>>66021308
>only interviews literal whos because no actual musician is interested, other "critics" or youtube memers
>acts surprised when nobody listens to the podcast
>>
>>66024583
>implying that anthony's voice isn't magical
>>
>>66024583
he's found something that works for him then
(unlike the rest of us)
>>
The MDE video was fantastic desu

>are there issues that you really take seriously?
>oh yeah
>hell yeah
>ooh yeah
>fuck yeah
>yes
>YES

I'm kinda tempted to watch the Sargon one but I feel it's going to be 2 hours of MRA bullshit whining
>>
>>66026316
can confirm it is
>>
>>66021730
it's not healthy to have this much hate for someone who probably doesn't even know you exist
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.