[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with friends and family ridiculing my taste in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Beat-Happening-Beat-Happening.jpg (66 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
Beat-Happening-Beat-Happening.jpg
66 KB, 556x556
How do I deal with friends and family ridiculing my taste in music? One of my friends actually threatened to beat me up when I put on some Beat Happening because he said it sounded like "faggot ass queer shit." (I live in the south so homosexuality is deeply frowned upon).
>>
learn a martial art and start doing bodyweight training
>>
hes rite
>>
stop hanging around with retards
>>
well he's not wrong
>>
Tell him that Calvin was friends with Kurdt Kobain at some point. Those type of people usually like Nirvana, yeah?
>>
>>66018996
Move to Atlanta
>>
>>66018996
>Friend
>Threatened to beat me up
I have a feeling something is wrong here

To answer your question, OP, just play it more and play it louder
>>
>>66019081
i got broads in atlanta
>>
make cooler friends and learn what music is appropriate to play around other folks (its really not so hard to listen to yr music on yr own time)

the punks hated beat happening back in the day why would yr hick friends think any differently
>>
File: ggg_tso.jpg (166 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
ggg_tso.jpg
166 KB, 500x495
>>
>>66018996
I never listened to them, can you post some youtube links to recommended tracks?
>>
Can you even blame him, Beat Happening is obnoxious on purpose most people aren't going to like it and that's the entire point. On a personal level I didn't really appreciate Beat Happening until I realized just how annoying they really were and how self aware of that they were. I mean it has to grate on you atleast a little bit or I don't think you get it

I like Beat Happening but nobody should like Beat Happening, you know?
>>
Beat Happening really really sucks. That album might be my least favorite album ever.
>>
>>66020782
i genuinely like Beat Happening and just appreciate it for what it is. what am i missing?
>>
>>66020706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7KNRC8SSAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS417n3d4mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilbXPUKXAU
>>
>>66021110
they're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>66021110
that guys just over analyzin'
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.