[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people bother learning how to play instruments when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0
Why do people bother learning how to play instruments when you can much more easily create literally any sound imaginable with a DAW and a MIDI controller? I'm not even baiting.
>>
>>66017087
but you can't, digital audio synthesis will never be as warm as an actual instrument, plus you can better accent your notes with an instrument. DAWs arre tedious at that.
>>
learning an instrument provides you with musical vocabulary and language. otherwise you're just sitting at a computer or controller replicating stuff that you've already heard. that isn't to say you can't be creative with MIDI but learning an instrument provides invaluable perspective on being creative and emotive and music theory
>>
>>66017087
i don't think it's possible to think like a musician without at least learning one instrument. unless you're making music out of samples/loops.
>>
Yea maybe at first some dont bother to learn, but they probably pick up basic piano knowledge as they use the DAW. Also, it helps teach music theory
>>
>>66017288
how exactly does a "musician" think?
>>
>>66017130
>>66017185
>>66017288
these are all me btw
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.