[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Sabbath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 1457736559410.jpg (377 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
1457736559410.jpg
377 KB, 1400x900
Favorite Black Sabbath song or album. And why...
>>
>tfw I missed out on tickets for Black Sabbath's last show because I couldn't afford them
It's literally a half hour drive from my house as well
>>
I like Fairies Wear Boots tbqh.
>>
Fairies wear boots and thrill of it all, because they have some beautiful kind of happy melancholy that just brings a wide smile on my face
>>
File: Bloody ass.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bloody ass.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
Great all the way through, but side b is a powerhouse.
>>
Their first four are all perfect desu.
>>
Into the Void desu.
>>
Vol. 4 kicks ass
>>
>>66012614
OP here. That's one of my favorites as well.
>>
>>66012614
The title track to this and Snowblind are my favorite Sabbath songs

They turned fucking lame when that midget from Elf took over guitar duties
>>
The debut is my favourite. I love what they did later on, but the bluesiness of the s/t always wins me over
>>
Anybody into Ian Gillan era Black Sabbath?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDzLk9SshYM&index=24&list=PLG_Zv5tjBSj4LvF47Afbu7szC_hDa2jhG
>>
>>66013664
Love this album. I was young and just getting into it when this came out, so I may have a personal biased nostalgia for it... But I still love it veeeery much.
>>
Iommi = Riffmaster Deluxe. Seriously, people are gonna realize when he passes no one laid it down like he did. Major pioneer.
>>
>>66012074
Yes
>>
>>66011992
Planet Caravan, and don't give me shit for it I get enough for my dad. That song touches my soul.

and yes Paranoid is their best album.
>>
Their first 5 albums are all literally perfect. I've always loved Changes, Solitude, and Planet Caravan. They're such different songs compared to everything else but sound so great.[spoiler]Plus Solitude and Planet Caravan are great songs to get high to.[/spoiler]

Lord of this World, Fairies Wear Boots, Hand of Doom, Black Sabbath, and N.I.B. are a few other favorites. It's hard to really pick out favorites, especially from that group of first 5 albums. It amazes me that they were able to put out such consistently great albums in just under 4 years. I'd argue that the only band to really rival Black Sabbath in terms of consistent masterpieces in a short timespan is King Crimson.
>>
>>66013777

Everyone always talks about Jimmy Page as THE insane riff-writer but Iommi seems to be left out of those conversations. I love Jimmy Page, but man, Iommi is so damn good.
>>
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Also Tony Martin albums are underrated.
>>
>>66011992
Favorite song is Supernaut because it is the definition of cool and i want it to play at my funeral.
Favorite album is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
>>
Fav song into the void
Fav album Vol 4
>>
My favorite song is Neon Knights. I usually feel more drawn to guitars, but some times i hear soaring vocals that make want to sing till i lose my voice
>>
Is the new EP ever getting an official public release? Right now its just sold at their shows so I assume it'll have to wait until after the tour.
>>
Into the void. Name a metal riff that has come close to being as dominating as that
>>
>>66011992
Master of Reality, just a great album. All killer no filler. Fat sound for the time. A lot of rockers on there, not the radio iron memes either
>>
this live version is dope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrTZweHXTI
>>
has anyone gone seen them in their The End tour??
>>
File: image.png (484 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
image.png
484 KB, 600x456
Trying to get a bunch of /mu/ into this broadcast. It's all vinyl, and he'll take any requests. I figure it could be a melting pot of all the different musical tastes on /mu/, and be really fucking cool if a bunch of people get on here.
The guy made a thread, but the broadcast is at: http://62.210.251.47/radio/16406/stream/301
So you can request here: https://us21.chatzy.com/59909875845885
>>
>>66013664
Born Again is better than Heaven & Hell desu.
>>
Electric funeral is their best song and if you disagree you're a pussy retard
>>
>fav song
Electric Funeral
>fav album
Master of Reality
>>
>>66013908
I'd extend that to the first six desu. Sabotage was tight.
>>
Sabotage is essential
>>
>>66019797
Iron Man is contrarian filter
>>
disturbing the priest is goat
>>
Favourite album: Master of Reality
Favourite song: wasp/behind the wall of sleep/NIB
>>
Sabotage
The most ambitious album the band ever got right.
>>
Wicked World
Master of Reality
>>
>The Hand Of Doom
>Supernaught
>Country Girl
>Black Sabbath
>Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
>>
War Pigs in Paris, 1971
>>
>>66012049
I saw them on the final tour. Ozzy was singing pretty good compared to a few years ago, but when he tried to talk, he sounded like a dying 80 year old man.
>>
>>66011992
Baffles me to know no one has said:
>War Pigs
Especially in this day and age.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
Paranoid [Warner Bros., 1970]

They do take heavy to undreamt-of extremes, and I suppose I could enjoy them as camp, like a horror movie--the title cut is definitely screamworthy. After all, their audience can't take that Lucifer bit seriously, right? Well, depends on what you mean by serious. Personally, I've always suspected that horror movies catharsized stuff I was too rational to care about in the first place. C-
>>
>>66021224

Yes. That entire set is just phenomenal.
>>
>>66013953
Page had tapped out all his good riffs by 1975.
>>
The Wizard
>>
Objectively, who was the best singer they had?
>>
>>66021989
Dio
>>
>>66021934
Too bad they almost never played that live.
>>
Probably Paranoid. Also seeing them tomorrow in Prague, I am hyped as fuck.
>>
>>66021934
It's apparently about Jesus driving away demons.

Misty morning, clouds in the sky
Without warning, the wizard walks by
Casting his shadow, weaving his spell
Funny clothes, tinkling bell

Never talking
Just keeps walking
spreading his magic

Evil power disappears
Demons worry when the wizard is near
He turns tears into joy
Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by

Never talking
Just keeps walking
spreading his magic

Sun is shining, clouds have gone by
All the people give a happy sigh
He has passed by, giving his sign
Left all the people feeling so fine

Never talking
Just keeps walking
spreading his magic
>>
into the void best song. have to go with paranoid got me into them. and void best song becuase the opening riff is just too much for my dick to handle
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.