[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not even memeing but who else thinks Swans is a legitimate contender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: SwansBand2.jpg (342 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342 KB, 980x980
Not even memeing but who else thinks Swans is a legitimate contender for greatest rock band of all time?

I mean can you think of a rock band that has been active as long as them while maintaining consistent high quality but also diversifying their sounds frequently?

They have put out masterpiece after masterpiece for three decades (2000s don't count because they weren't active then)

Filth, Cop, and Children Of God in the 80s; The Great Annihilator, White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity, and Soundtracks For The Blind in the 90s; and The Seer, To Be Kind and The Glowing Man is arguably the greatest rock trilogy of the 2010s.

And those are only their BEST albums, they have plenty of other good ones. Not to mention all their live albums, side projects and Michael Gira's solo work.
>>
Also, in the 2000s Angels of Light were putting out masterpieces as well.

I also believe this, but don't express it because people would think I was memeing
>>
>>66011869
Totaly agree. Very few bands have pulled es off what they've done. They will be remembered for a long long time.
>>
>>66011922
Angels of light are phenomenal. I'd put how I loved you in my top 5 fav records Gira's ever done desu
>>
>only capable of communicating one emotion
>BEST EVER
lol
>>
>>66011922
Angels of light are underrated as fuck. Been listening to We Are Him all week.
>>
File: b8 2.jpg (15 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
b8 2.jpg
15 KB, 204x204
>>66012312
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.