[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where They Peaked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png (81 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Danse_Manatee_(Front_Cover).png
81 KB, 316x316
Anco most successfully cultivated their distinctive style on Danse Manatee, an album which naturally synthesizes the dual sensations, both the heart-pounding fun and the heart-sinking terror, of childlike inexperience.

The album itself is the furthest Anco has ever deconstructed music. The band has never experimented much with actual song structure, always Anco has preferred tinkering with sonic formula. As in the extreme case of Danse Manatee, Anco still approaches experimental music not by the written structure of song, by the arrangment of notes (as most songs on the tracklist still fit the most basic criteria for verse-chorus-verse pop music) but rather approaches by an unorthodox arrangement of frequencies.

"This was after the three of us had spent most of the summer improvising and playing around with fusing song structure and noise and looking for ways to do it with fluidity. We were also interested in extreme frequencies, both low and high, and how they occupied space in the room and moved around in your heads." -- Geologist on Danse

Music is revisited with a child's eyes; Danse Manatee invites the listener to experience song as one might upon first exposure: full of harsh, thrilling noises and energetic chants and yelps, all of it underpinned by one solid coherent structure that somehow just makes sense.

I won't say that disliking Danse Manatee makes you a pleb. But I will say that if Meet the Light Child is not in your Anco top tracks you honestly don't understand the band.
>>
Nah it still sounds like boring pop made by a bunch of amateurs. You're pleb as fuck if you think lazy production makes something good. That's Emperor's New Clothes level of pleb.
>>
>>66009506

>boring pop

You have obviously never listened to it
>>
File: spirit my sides.png (121 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
spirit my sides.png
121 KB, 600x800
>>66009506
>boring pop
holy kek
>>
>>66009326
except this isn't an Animal Collective album.
>>
>>66009506
>boring pop made by a bunch of amateurs
I'll take a wager you're in the same lot who starts twentyone pilots threads
>>
>>66009326
At its best I would agree. It's just a shame that it's so hit or miss (mostly miss,) because when it does hit I can truthfully say it's some of the best music I've ever heard.
>>66010932
it basically is
>>
>>66011015
I'll add that otherwise, Sung Tongs or maybe HCtI is where they peaked as a whole, and MPP was obviously their pop peak.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.