[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever wrote fan mail to a musician and got a reply back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Have you ever wrote fan mail to a musician and got a reply back?
>>
I spat on Roger Waters back in the 70s, but he didn't really respond to it
>>
when I was a kid I sent mario lemeuix a card and he sent it back signed
>>
>>66008998
lol
>>
I wrote henry rollins
No reply
I'm still hoping
>>
I recently e mailed ferraro about the tapes. no response.
>>
>>66008998
>you will never cause a hit platinum-selling double album
>>
I called Robert Wyatt 10 years ago and left a long winded message on his answering machine along with a song I played but was dumb and didn't leave my number and he never called back
>>
Julian Koster wrote me a pretty long nice personal message
>>
I sent MC Ride a drawing of us playing catch together. He told me to kill myself
>>
I wrote and called Mr. Quintron after Hurricane Katrina because I had a nightmare about going to his house and here being a horrible monster pounding at his basement door. I think i was 16, and i think i woke him up, and then i apologized and hung up.
>>
I called Robert Pollard and we talked for about 10 seconds. Afterward he wrote 45 songs about our interaction.
>>
>>66009793
Stefan would never do that. He put it on his fridge and you know it.
>>
>>66009549
>ice stick slapper
>musician
>>
Doesn't really count, but I've talked to Jon Wurster and Mick Collins on Twitter. Still feels awesome to get a response
>>
wheres that picture of the guy from here who messaged Clipping and sent a butthurt message when he misinterpreted something they said back
>>
>>66008961
Does MySpace count?
>>
>>66010588
I would like to see this
>>
>>66010588
that thread was like a week ago

I'm sure it's recent on /r/4chan you stupid scrub, go look there
>>
I never wrote fan mail to a musician, but I once met Thom Yorke at a supermarket. He was kind of a dick.
>>
Avey Tare

He's a really nice guy
>>
>>66010753
did he try to walk out with 15 milky way bars?
>>
I wrote to Aaron Ellis on here and he replied.
>>
La Vida Boheme sometimes responds to comments on facebook. That is, if they are the ones managing it.
>>
I wrote David Bowie a letter on his birthday this year congratulating him and saying how I loved Blackstar. I don't think he got it.
>>
>>66010918
;-;
>>
>>66010918
>Bowie has been kill for almost 6 months
Why even live
>>
Yeah I wrote a letter to Eminem once
>>
File: 1431423489760.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1431423489760.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>66011108
I still forget that he's dead.
>>
File: 4.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>66011111
>>
I emailed Jody Stephens of Big Star and he responded back with a very nice message
Very nice guy
>>
i told to cedric bixler zavala to add his vocals to apocalypse inside of an orange in twitter, it seems that he didn't understand me because he said that he didn't know of what i was talking about...
>>
I sent David Bowie a 69th birthday card.

Still haven't heard back.
>>
>>66011111
>>
>>66011203
Is this true or are you just meming? If you actually did write a letter and get a reply, I'd be curious to hear the story.
>>
related: Have any /mu/tants visited Mac Demarco after he gave his address out? What was it like?
>>
no, but i chatted with one of the guitarists from this will destroy you on reddit, and met him at a show. chill dude.
>>
File: ;-;.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
;-;.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>66011330
>>
>>66011563
I gave him a can of coffee and told him that "Philharmony" is a masterpiece.
>>
I wrote to Scott Grimes about when is his new album going to have a physical copy and not just be a download. and he said that he might start making them soon after he gets done doing episodes for American dad
>>
>>66009690
loljk, just checked my e mail, he personally responded.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
Hannah Hunt

the real girl from the VW song

i talked to her on twitter one time and proposed and she said yes.
>>
Jamie Stewart from Xiu Xiu replied to an email I sent him once
>>
File: aaaa.png (522 KB, 737x541) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
522 KB, 737x541
>>66011926
show us now
>>
>>66011111
I did the same but for gabe newell
Also checked.
>>
>>66008961

Jordaan Mason and I have emailed back and forth, very sweet person.
>>
I once touch thom.
he was ok with it and we both fucked.
>>
I wrote to david byrne in 1983. He told me he was a government man
>>
File: 20160628_220935.jpg (3 MB, 3326x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160628_220935.jpg
3 MB, 3326x1200
>>66012009
>>
I emailed Andy Morin (flatlander) about synthesizers and how his experimental music got me into digital composition. I asked him about what kind of stuff he uses and what he'd recommend. I sent it and then realized I'll never get a response because the man is a fucking enigma
>>
>>66016946
lel
>>
>>66017386
Yeah, I kinda sperged at him. Do you want to see the full message I sent?
>>
>>66010753
Damn, I feel like there's more to the story. Care to share?
>>
>>66017428
yes please
>>
I messaged Goldlink on Twitter and he responded. Nice guy.
>>
>>66010588
That thread was hilarious
>>
>>66017647
Hello,

I run a radio show at my university, and I have played several of your tracks, as they fit into my Drone, Noise, and ambient theme. I have made my community excited about James Ferraro (you). I see this as a favor. I am spreading the word over the airwaves free of charge.

As you probably know, there are rumors circulating around abut there being no Human Story 3 Cassettes.

Now, when these rumors circulate, when it is almost a week after the planned shipping date for the cassettes, and when I still haven't received any confirmation about receiving these tapes I am skeptical to say the least. Seeing as though I have done a favor for you, I would like you to do a favor for me. I would really appreciate it if you sent a tape my way. It doesn't even have to be HS3. It could be some other tape on hand, I just want some physical media since I did pay for it.

Also, if you are ever in [my area], shoot me an e-mail and I would love to have you come on my show for a brief interview.
>>
>>66010588
The memories :'^)
>>
>>66017824
>seeing as I have done a favor for you, I would like you to do a favor for me.
Nigga what? The rest of this letter is fine but that was worded extremely autistically. I get what you mean, but you should have written that differently
>>
>>66018025
word choice was never my strong suit
>>
>>66010605
>>66010637
>>66017814
>>66017856

can someone post the pic for the love of god, i really wanna see it
>>
>>66009990
lol, is somewhat accurate
>>
well i found its actually ok to approach you favorite musicians at a reasonably sized show , michael gira confirms
>>
I e-mailed Phil Elverum once asking him for advice on recording acoustic guitars and saying I'm a big fan. He responded within a day with a really kind, thoughtful email. Awesome guy.
>>
David Hodo (construction worker from the village people) emailed me back after I asked him a question about the YMCA in like 2007
>>
I made an album about Anne Frank still no reply.
>>
>>66010637
dude I don't go on /r/
>>
>>66008961
Kitty Pride gave her number out on twitter and I texted her. She actually texted me back.
>>
>>66017589
something something "huh? huh?"
>>
>>66017824
this is kind of obnoxious desu
this problem might not even be his fault
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.