[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Record player recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
A friend of mine has a lot of rare LPs in his collection but ironically enough he doesn't actually have a record player himself. He's looking for one that can also transfer his records to MP3 via USB. Any recommendations?

His budget is 500€
>>
>>66007956
USB is not needed at all. you can just hook the output from the receiver up to your computer and record.
I would suggest buying used, you can get a great turntable at a good price. Here is a helpful guide http://southphillyrecords.com/buying-a-vintage-turntable/
>>
>>66008833
He's just looking for one in general that won't destroy his records. Now he doesn't care about the USB portion anymore
>>
>>66007956
Get an audio technica lp-120 and a Shure M97XE cartridge for it.
>>
>>66008941
also consider the Sony PS-HX500
>>
>>66007956
>A friend of mine
sure what ever you say

anyways op you should buy an at lp 120 or pro-ject carbon. also theres more info on reddit vinyl sub
>>
I know nothing about turntables but are old technics nice? My grandma has one that she used to listen to Elvis and Buddy Holly and I was thinking about asking her if I could buy it from her. It works and sounds great.
>>
>>66010622
yeah mostly great stuff
there are a few models which were slightly mediocre but technics has a good reputation overall
>>
>>66008833

>you can just hook the output from the receiver up to your computer and record.

literally retarded: the idea.

unless there is a DAC in between the receiver and the computer, that is. Directly hooking up the turntable to the computer's noisy as fuck input is a big no no
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.