[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys so I just realized something. Centipede Hz is AnCo's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: f738b519.jpg (98 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
f738b519.jpg
98 KB, 630x630
Ok guys so I just realized something. Centipede Hz is AnCo's Tales from Topographic Oceans. Both came after the band's magnum opus (MPP/CttE) and had loads of amazing ideas, but also very obvious flaws (TFTO is unfocused, CHz's mix is a mess). Also I love both of them in a special way. MPP and CttE may be masterpieces, but TFTO and CHz both have a really unique feel and I love them for their flaws as much as for their merits.
>>
>>66000434
your comparison is so vague as to be useless
>>
>>66000528
Maybe I could have worded it better. I think both albums really excel in being obviously flawed but still amazing in their own way. I don't have that feeling with many other albums.
>>
>>66000604
>I think both albums really excel in being obviously flawed but still amazing in their own way
see>>66000528
>comparison is so vague as to be useless

You could describe anything this way it's idiotic
>>
>>66000631
Well there are more similarities that are more straight-forward. Yes and AnCo made masterpieces that expanded their audiences and got amazing reviews. Struggling to create a decent follow-up, they made an album that was more extreme than its predecessor (twice as long or twice as busy) but went too far in that respect. The album was subsequently received with a lot less enthusiasm than the previous work. However, both albums are still amazing and in a way more enjoyable than the bands' lauded masterpieces.
>>
>>66000785
still vague and stupid. tons of bands go through that shit. you are saying essentially nothing and acting like you have some kind of insight it's gross
>>
>>66000926
No reason to be mean just because I'm saying something you think is stupid. Of all the realizations a person has in a lifetime, some are bound to be stupid. I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm smart, just sharing a thought.
>>
The mix is not the problem with CHz, the songs are.
>>
Do you think AnCo members like prog?
Spirit feels really prog influenced to me
>>
>>66001854
Yeah Spirit always struck me as a proggy record. Their other records not so much, apart from some crazy transitions or unusual rhythms here and there. If I had to guess, I'd say Avey enjoys some prog and the rest of the members are not so big on it.
>>
Yeah, they're both 7/10 albums
>>
>>66001832
I love the shit out of Applesauce, Wide Eyed and New Town Burnout and all the other songs have their moments. I don't think it's far behind SJ song-wise and it has a lot of energy to compensate.
>>
File: Medulla.jpg (70 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Medulla.jpg
70 KB, 300x300
ITT: post other tales from topographic oceans albums
>>
Painting With is better. Also the mixing on this isn't that bad, it's more the lack of cohesion.
>>
>>66000434
>CHz's mix is a mess
fuck this plebeian meme.
the mixing on side one is GOD TIER. it's not too busy or chaotic unless you're a fag who isn't paying attention. the density of the tracks is the best part. side two loses all that density as well as the whole alien jam band concept and that is where CHz fails.
>>
Painting with is so much better than CHz
>>
File: costanza.jpg (31 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
31 KB, 650x366
>MPP
>Magnum opus
>>
>>66000434
>>66004030
I wonder if people think CHz was mixed badly because they've only listened to the version that's spread around in sharethreads, which is a botched rip that's completely in mono (also it doesn't have the "THIS IS THE NEW CENTIPEDE HZ" countdown at the start of Moonjock). The CD version and the songs in the official music videos are in full stereo.
>>
MPP isn't AnCo's best

>>66004376
this, the good mix is a lot better
>>
File: cover.jpg (57 KB, 475x468) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
57 KB, 475x468
>>66004110
This. MPP is pretty good and all but Feels, Sung Tongs, HCTI, and Spirit are better candidates for their magnum opus.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.