[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: tupac_shakur.jpg (526 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tupac_shakur.jpg
526 KB, 1280x960
Is he overrated?
>>
People like to be contrarian about him, but he's objectively one of the greats.

>inb4 he died so he's overrated
>>
>>66000507
This. If you want a rapper who's actually overrated because of his death, check out Biggie.
>>
>>66000642
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong
>>
>>66000507
This.
>>
He isn't as bad as some contrarians say, but he wasn't the best. His first few albums were just average and he had some shitty pop singles.

>>66000642
Biggie was way better than Pac
>>
>>65999870
He was good but they praise tupac like a god because of his "hood-death". Nothing more gangsta than getting shot up in a drive by after throwing your stacks around at a club.

Like I said though he was pretty decent I listen to him occasionally
>>
I never heard something so amazing that he made. I think he's an idol, and that's basically why they say he's the greatest, his ideals and his personality inside and outside of his rapping were basically an example for everyone. Though I didn't hear so much groundbreaking innovation, but that's similar to almost every music idol
>>
File: CD COVER1.jpg (83 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
CD COVER1.jpg
83 KB, 450x450
Tupac was trying to represent something greater about being black than how the rest of the media and news channels were representing black youth.

During his time in prison, he incubated himself and read political works. Once he got out, he knew exactly how he wanted to be perceived and what it would take inspire the next generation to act militant and mobilize through talent. He understood the nature of reproduction within the digital world after achieving so much fame as such a young age. (He died when he was 25).

He even had the balls to associate Jesus with being black on one of his album covers or with himself as Jesus in the story of his life and the story of black youth. He knew there was a good chance he was going to get killed so he literally took advantage of his life story and said fuck it, if they kill me, I die for these streets, use my imagery, use my music to build on that and associate blackness with anything.
>>
No one ever thought him a simpleton or a naïf
>>
All popular artists are overrated
>>
File: 1465235500414.jpg (58 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
1465235500414.jpg
58 KB, 623x469
>>66001286
>>
Pac and Biggie were two different kinds of rap, it wasn't until only when the beef started that they started to make tracks that could be compared side by side.

Pac was superior though tbqh senpai.
Biggie couldn't put out a decent single, and his albums were just mashes of songs, nothing special.
>>
i like him and believe he's good but he's a bit overrated, but mostly by those "born in wrong generation" children on youtube, they think he's actually the best rapper out there.
>>
>>66001661
>Biggie couldn't put out a decent single, and his albums were just mashes of songs, nothing special.

>not knowing what hip-hop is at all
>>
>>66000642
I think Biggie was a better rapper than 2Pac but 2Pac was a better icon, if that makes sense.
>>
His music is overrated but he was always bigger than his music.
>>
>>66002057
Biggie was nothing but hype. He had 2 good songs, he was just a random ass 1 hit wonder. His career blew up cause of Jay-Z jumping on his dick and then turning around saying he was better than Big.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.