[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why doesn't this get more credit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: killing joke.jpg (388 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
killing joke.jpg
388 KB, 1300x1300
not many better punk albums
>>
It gets a ton of credit, and is literally considered a classic.
You don't see threads about it on /mu/ because neither Grimes nor Kanye West appears on it.
>>
Losing My Edge sampled Change
>>
>>65998281

where though? i mean allmusic yeah, but i haven't seen this "classic" status appear much elsewhere except youtube vids of the music
>>
>>65998331
It's a staple of post-punk and goth rock and has influenced bands like Godflesh, Swans and countless others, its status as a "classic" is pretty set in stone
>>
I like the fact that Killing Joke influenced Ministry and they started copying Ministry
>>
>>65998281
>two threads up, a thread titled "Albums of The Decade"
>first two albums posted are Grimes and Kanye

This fucking board...
>>
>>65998393
same thing happened with Gary Numan and Nine Inch Nails, its pretty common
>>
Go to bed, Chris Ott. The Pop Group are way better.
>>
>>65998393
Tragic fate of the Stone Roses and Ride with britpop.
>>
Great album
>>
>>65998761

Jaz here

thanks man
>>
>>65999020
pruv it!!11
>>
I think the reason people don't talk about Killing Joke is because while they had a cool sound, it was so influential that now they don't sound as revolutionary as they once were. They essentially laid out the formula for industrial rock/metal, sludge metal, crust punk, noise rock, even some black metal. I honestly think I heard Godflesh, Melvins, The Jesus Lizard, Big Black, Amebix, Celtic Frost, Napalm Death, Ministry, and Rammstein before I ever heard Killing Joke, which means I'd been listening to the Killing Joke formula for years before I even knew about them. Because of this they didn't sound particularly heavy or apocalyptic to me, they just sounded cool. Ever since their reunion in 2004 they've taken steps to update their sound for today's musical landscape, and they've done a really good job. They've made a lot of great music even recently. But because they completely informed so many people, even their new stuff sort of sounds like slightly gothic alt-metal.
>>
File: 318GTARVTJL.jpg (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
318GTARVTJL.jpg
5 KB, 300x300
Not many better bands

One of the most solid discographies I can think of
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.