[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AEROSMITH BREAKING UP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: aer.jpg (77 KB, 1140x640) Image search: [Google]
aer.jpg
77 KB, 1140x640
After 46 years of rocking, the Bad Boys from Boston have called it a day. They are going to embark on their farewell tour this year and after that it's over.

But it's not that they are really retiring since Steven Tyler is releasing his debut solo album this year heh...

Your thoughts? Favorite albums/songs?
>>
fucking awful band
>>
>>65997376
GOD DAMN IT 2016 JUST WON'T STOP
>>
File: peel.jpg (22 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
peel.jpg
22 KB, 352x352
>>65997422
Yeah, you know, that was actually always a big fear of mine in the last 10 years, that all those big bands from the past will be breaking up and their members dying and we'll just have to watch it happen..
>>
Rocks >>> Toys > Pump > Get Your Wings > debut > else
>>
>>65997615
>Pump so high

Found the poptimist
>>
DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EYES
>>
DON'T WANNA FALLLL ASLEEP
>>
>>65998796
Eminem
>>
They were still together?
>>
>>65998837
With Steven Tylers selling out to American Idol it seems hard to believe they were still together.
>>
Only thing these transphobic misogynists achieved was a landfill of discarded Guitar Hero: Aerosmith copies.
Glad to see them gone.
>>
>>65998905
>these transphobic misogynists

back to >>>/tumblr/
>>
The most surprising thing about this story is that Aerosmith are still together. I had no idea. I feel like I haven't heard anything from them since the 00s.

desu the only album of theirs I particularly like is Toys in the Attic. That hard rock album has so much personality and uniqueness. It was like they took the New York Dolls formula and made it earthy and bluesy. Rocks just reminds me way too much of the awful LA glam metal scene they inspired (with the help of KISS).

That said, the early ballad Dream On is classic, and for modern stuff I actually loved the song Jaded when it was released, and the video for that song is pretty cool, too.

Steven Tyler seems like a cool guy, but Joe Perry seems like a bit of a douche.
>>
>>65998905
> transphobic
their biggest influence was the New York Dolls, silly
>>
>>65999395
Don't forget The Rolling Stones. Early on Steven Tyler pretended that he was Jagger's cousin to get laid on parties. It actually worked...
>>
>>65997615
my ranking as well
>>
File: skittles-ad_0.jpg (84 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
skittles-ad_0.jpg
84 KB, 612x380
I didn't know anyone still liked aerosmith outside normies listning to Dream On a lot and Steven Tyler milking that fact for all the cash he could.
>>
>>66000430
Well, they are part of many people's dadrock exploration in high school and some of them continued listening to them after it. But their inactivity in 2000's was little off-setting for many potential fans.
>>
Good riddance
>>
reminder that Nine Lives is underrated.
>>
File: joe-perry-awesome.jpg (21 KB, 236x419) Image search: [Google]
joe-perry-awesome.jpg
21 KB, 236x419
This breaks my heart. Although I got past them some time ago, I was obsessed with them in my youth. I listened to every album, every song, watched every video available of them performing, everything, and finally saw them live in 2010 in Barcelona. I still have more than 4000 scrobbles of them on last.fm. But "Music From Another Dimension" left me a little disappointed and Tyler being in American Idol was weird and I just lost interest in them as a band. Still, I sometimes liked to revisit their music. Ah, oh well, so long. Blue Army forever. \m/
>>
>neo-/mu/ gives a shit about aerosmith
Leave.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.