[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never Meant is such a good song. Why does every other song on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Never Meant is such a good song. Why does every other song on the album suck so much?
>>
>>65995702
I often wonder the same, anon

I actually like a lot of other songs on the album, but nothing even comes close to Never Meant
>>
> implying stay home isn't the beat track on the album
>>
>>65995702
The other songs on the album are actually pretty great, but they're unmemorable compared to Never Meant. Like, I really like the album but I can't remember a single track that's not the first.
>>
>listen to album because it's /mu/ recommended
>end up only liking a few songs from the album

I listen to the other songs from time to time to try to CONDITION myself to liking it because maybe there's something I'm missing. So difficult trying to be /mu/ certified when I don't like most of the recommendations when listening to them the first dozen of times.

I'm trying hard to have good taste in music like you guys, but I end up liking the albums of artists that aren't listed as essentials.
>>
>>65995761
This

Even after marathon listens Never Meant and maybe Honestly or Summer Ends are the only songs that stick.
>>
>>65995760
this song and I'll see you when were both not so emotional are the best
>>
jesus

When did /mu/ start listening to albums for /songs/ opposed to the whole album as a cohesive piece?

the album is incredible track 1 to track 9.
>>
Yeah that's why I never understood why this was /mu/core. The only songs I have a firm memory of from this band are "Never Meant" and "the One With the Tambourine" from the EP.
>>
>>65995702
shitty vocals
>>
YOU'RE SOOOO PRooOOoNE
>>
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy

is /mu/core for some reason
>>
>>65995878
>i can only listen to easy listening pop tunes and shrivel up in fear whenever i hear the tiniest bit of distortion
>>
>>65995839
>exclusively doing one or the other
yikes
>>
>>65995935
dammit i yikes'd the wrong guy
>>65995834
>>
>>65995905
I can guarantee you that his, mine, nor the majority of people's problem with that album is not the abrasiveness.
>>
>>65995905
>distortion makes music better and patrician
(I like psycho candy a lot btw)
>>
Honestly? is great

>dat ending
>>
>>65995813
correct
>>
>>65995834

>every time he wants to listen to music he has to sit down for the entire length of the album

You're having a fucking laugh you mong
>>
>>65995834
Actually this. I feel kind of bad for anyone who skips around on this album's tracklist.
>>
>>65996200
uuuuh, no, but every time I decide I want to CRITIQUE an album, as an album, I judge it as a cohesive work, not on "which songs I feel like listening to more often" like it's some Lite Mix 99.9 FM fucking radio station
>>
What you said was
>When did /mu/ start listening to albums for /songs/ opposed to the whole album as a cohesive piece?
Please tell me how that statement doesn't imply that you are talking about listening for enjoyment as opposed to listening for critiquing purposes.
>>
>>65996494
Your point doesn't hold any water. You're implying that the divide between enjoyable listening and listening for critique is between song-by-song and by album.

The original point is that: an album is judged by how well it performs as a cohesive collection of tracks, aka an album.

You do not judge an entire album as 'shit' because you think two of its songs are better than the others.
>>
>>65995760
Yes
>>
>>65995760
This
>>
>>65995702
Nice B8 M8
>>
>>65995702
Did you skip Honestly or something? The whole album is great.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
New American Tune > Never Meant
>>
>>65996422
well, op did say that he thinks never meant is the only good song on the album. whats saying he didnt listen to the whole thing?
>>
File: 1466405228228.jpg (26 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1466405228228.jpg
26 KB, 540x540
>>65995813
This desu senpai
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.