[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I expected /punk/ and all I got was steel drums. Wtf is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: londoncalling.jpg (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
londoncalling.jpg
44 KB, 300x300
So I expected /punk/ and all I got was steel drums. Wtf is this ska shit?
>>
You were expecting punk and got post-punk
>>
>>65994785
How the fuck is this post-punk. There are zero crescendos
>>
The Clash are the best punk band, no one else could evolve their sound like they did
>>
>>65994797
>crescendos

that's post rock m8
>>
The Clash were above punk music. If you're one of these "real punk" faggots don't expect to like it.
>>
>>65994724
There's only one track that slightly resembles ska what are you on about lad?
>>
>>65994724
Well OP while the point of your post may be suspect,

can we all agree that ska is fucking gay? It's probably my least favorite part of punk music
>>
it is a mediocre album with 3 songs that stick out at all. one of the first things that I've listened to that made me think about how mediocre it was.
I'm not sure how they made a song as great as London Calling.
>>
Spanish bombs is the best track
Discuss
>>
>>65995792
Fuck off
>>65995815
>That's a funny way of spelling Death or Glory
>>
>>65994838
/thread

Punk purists are cancer
>>
>>65995815
Nah that would be Train in Vain with Lost in the Supermarket coming in at a close 2nd
>>
>>65995815
>>65996140
>>65996257
Im gladd i share boards with fucking faggots who dont recognize that the card cheat is the best soong
>>
>>65996315
Card Cheat is on the upper end of the album. It goes:
-Best Tier-
>Death or Glory
-Godlike Tier-
>Spanish Bombs
>Lost in the Supermarket
>Train In Vain
-Great Tier-
>Card Cheat
>London Calling
>Koka Kola
-Good Tier-
>I'm Not Down
>Hateful
>Rudie Can't Fail
>Wrong 'Em Boyo
-Okay Tier-
>Clampdown
>Guns of Brixton
>Hateful
-Mediocre Tier-
>Brand New Cadillac
>The Right Profile
>Revolution Rock
>Four Horsemen
-Flaming Garbage Tier-
>Lover's Rock
>>
>>65996396
Man i like the right profile and revolution rock, also what about jimmy jazz
>>
>>65996491
Oh fuck, I must have deleted it when I did the formatting. I'd slot it into okay tier.

Also, the Right Profile and Revolution Rock are fine songs, they're just kind of mediocre compared to the rest of the album. Keeping in mind, mediocre for the Clash is still pretty good.
>>
first album is a great punk record, after that they must have gotten into reggae, and made some really good genre-crossing stuff and that's why they're remembered today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyCrx4DyMk
>>
>>65994785
>post-punk

How?
>>
>>65995735
I could listen to Superman, and The Impression That I Get, forever.
But that's about it. I feel you. A sorta popular Ska punk band is from my hometown, so everyone was constantly going on about how much they loooooove ska.
>>
>>65996934
it's not post punk, but it is punk influenced music made by a former punk band, so its true in a sense
>>
>>65995815
I don't know what is the best one but I believe it is London Calling because it's so monotonic that I couldn't get any further
>>
>muh real punk
lmao grow the fuck up you 15 year old

its a great mix of ska, reggae, funk, pop and well punk
>>
Best song is right profile. Joe dissolving into gibberish is one of my favourite moments in all music
>>
>>65995735
You're my least favorite part of punk music.
>>
>>65998018
Well you're my least favorite part of punk music too for your information.
>>
>>65997042
the clash are a first wave punk band
>>
>>65997294
which makes it pretty much anti punk.
the clash are the multiculturalism of "punk" without playing punk music. and it will always be accepted to like them because joe had a huge white guilt complex from growing up as an ambassadors son in Africa.
so we wuz punk rockers and shit
>>
You were expecting Punk and got good music instead. Punk is shit.
>>
>>65994838
This.
>>
>>65996396
>Wrong 'Em Boyo
>above Clampdown
Explain this shit.
>>
>>65998272
Kinda....
>>
>>65998226
Wrong kiddo
>>
>>65996396
>he never drank pabst in the garage all night with his polish friends screaming the words along to rudie cant fail

Feel sorry for you m8
>>
>>65998272
>Not liking hardcore punk
>Not listening to punk fusion genres
I think it's pretty clear who is shit here
>>
jimmy mother fucking jazz is the goat
>>
>>65999657
i know that feel.
>>
>>65999661
hardcore punk is garbage
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.