[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - "june 27th" edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: june 27.png (649 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
june 27.png
649 KB, 500x500
Read above for the date.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, continue Jangle's Thrift Tourney (it's a pipe dream), just let the good times flow.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters
http://topsters.net/
>how does a website keep consistently fucking up like this?

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, get taste!

Previously on /daily/: >>65964035
>>
meme the pain away
>>
1st for life is full of despair and misery
>>
Thanks Nat!
>>
>>65989426
screwboyz
>>
cunt

is listening to every album in the rym top 1000 a bad idea? it seems like after you break the first 200 or so there's some good stuff
>>
>>65989569
>cunt
oops that wasn't supposed to be there
>>
Get in the plug, not enough people are laughing at my jokes.
>>
File: 1464475697826.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1464475697826.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>65989675
>Implying more people in plug will solve your problem
>>
File: screw.jpg (78 KB, 933x599) Image search: [Google]
screw.jpg
78 KB, 933x599
was looking for a DJ Screw thread, is this a safe place to discuss S.U.C. and other Houston rappers?
>>
>>65990773
Yes, but I'll have no idea who any of them are.
>>
>>65990773
Yeah man who do you like
>>
File: lists chart.png (2 MB, 1680x1800) Image search: [Google]
lists chart.png
2 MB, 1680x1800
Rafael Anton Irisarri - A Fragile Geography (2015)
>ambient, drone

Brings absolutely nothing new to the table of ambient/drone music, but it's so goddamn pretty and fuzzy and pleasant, with a little bit of spookiness thrown in. This is one of those albums that I wanna just drift away into sleep while listening too. The problem is its not a very engaging active listen, but it's just such a nice drifting record.

3.0-

Moving Targets - Burning in Water (1986)
>post-hardcore, melodic hardcore

I hate melodic hardcore, but this generally stays more in the post-hardcore style, it's a lot like Husker Du, honestly. It's nice, but there's no variation, it just gets tiring by the end. The one consistently great thing here are the drums, they're fucking amazing, so fast and smooth. But it just plays out its sound by the end, still a good listen though.

2.5-

>>65990773
hell yes it is!
>>
File: 1465689006951.jpg (186 KB, 1085x1217) Image search: [Google]
1465689006951.jpg
186 KB, 1085x1217
>>65991670
>The problem is its not a very engaging active listen
>>ambient, drone
>>
>>65991828
hey i still dug it
>>
>>65991970
i know, it's just not the goal of most ambient records to be "active"
>>
>>65992096
very true, but i'd say i have found many ambient records that are better active listens than irisarri's, with shifting textures and drawn-out melodies and such.
>>
File: trash.jpg (957 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
957 KB, 1280x1280
>>65992096
are u sure of that my freind
>>
>>65992289
i haven't heard it, so i wouldn't know.
you might like Taylor Deupree's Snow (Dusk, Dawn) if you're into more active stuff. It's beautiful, and under 20 minutes long.
>>65992298
the fuck is this
>>
File: Chart One Million.png (1 MB, 1062x1246) Image search: [Google]
Chart One Million.png
1 MB, 1062x1246
Gonna post this right now because I'm currently only two hours into the 10 Symphonies because I hate myself. Feel free to file complaints below:
>>
>>65992809
>dat Eleh rating
Fish my respect for you decreases by the day.
>>
>>65992871
It's much to formulaic to be a worthwhile minimalist piece for me, sorry.
>>
>>65992809
whoa, why such a high score for negativland's s/t?
also that hawaii pt 2 score makes me very sad
>>
>>65992964
>also that hawaii pt 2 score makes me very sad
Same
That sumnabitch said it sounds like Owl City
>>
Why is four and a half minutes of applause a separate track.

>>65992809
Just realized I have folders there called "hampus" and "Fishmans pics" lmao

>>65992964
It was probably the most interesting sound collage piece I'd ever heard. It really played into my personal sensibilities that I don't really care to or know how to describe. VERY few lackluster parts, as well as being pretty unpredictable, even with all the stuff I'd heard of theirs before.

Pretty much the worst review ever, but I hope you get what I mean.

Also, I don't know who all these people defending Hawaii pt 2 are. Like I get if you enjoy it and all but more than half of my RYM friends gave it less than 2.5. Why is my low score such a shock to everyone?
>>
File: 9 Symphonien.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9 Symphonien.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Does anyone have a good 320 link to 9 Symphonien? None of the slsk sources I've found have gotten past the "queued" stage.
>>
File: idrisAckamoor.jpg (15 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
idrisAckamoor.jpg
15 KB, 150x150
What are your top 10 of the year so far?
I think mine are these:

>Abbath - Abbath
>Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - We Be All Africans
>Chairlift - Moth
>Keda - Hwai
>Konono No 1 & Batida - Konono Meets Batida
>Jessy Lanza - Oh No
>Anna Meredith - Varmints
>Moonsorrow - Jumalten aika
>Marissa Nadler - Strangers
>Nails - You Will Never Be One of Us
>>
People throw around "epic" and "dynamic" a lot with classical I've noticed but this shit really takes the cake. I always wonder about the logistics of recording a 7+ hour album like this. How long does it take? How much does it cost? There are over a dozen credited performers, and although I have (obviously) little knowledge of classical, I always wonder who makes all these decisions about how its compiled. Is it an estate? A label? A democracy between performers/compilers? Shouldn't probably be thinking this hard about it and should probably be concentrating, but shit just makes me think. Any sperg can record a 20 hour drone album in their mom's basement, but this shit must've been a pain in the rear.

>>65993224
Nevermind, it started working about 12 minutes ago and I forgot to check.

Already at 0.1% wew

>>65993309
New Jambinai or the Haino/O'Rourke/Ambarchi collab

This year's kinda passed me by though. Should probably catch up.
>>
Reviews soon

>>65988474
>Co do you smoke
What do you think you dongle
>>
come plug friends
>>
Hey guys, guess what I'm listening to.

Hint it starts with "A" and ends with "rrayed Above the Seraphim Lights"
>>
>>65993769
Anything but Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights?
>>
>>65993801
Nice try but you're wrong. I'm actually listening to Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights. Thanks for playing though.
>>
Reviews inc. They get progressively lazier.

>Weezer - The Other Side of the Good Ol' Fence
Excellent pre-Blue Album demo from Weezer, ripped and uploaded for the first time ever, and posted on /mu/ yesterday. I'm glad I caught the thread, but I've heard six of these eight tracks before on the more infamous Kitchen Tapes demo.

"Say It Ain't So" doesn't have quite as much punch as on the Blue Album, but is a lot twangier, and the lo-fi edge is nice. The bridge ("LIKE FATHER, STEPFATHER") is almost just as hair-raising as on the album.

"Paperface", woefully absent from the Blue Album and only available in its deluxe editon years later, is my high point of the tape. Rip-roaring, more punk than power pop, but catchy all the same. Cuomo straining his voice, even when whispering one verse (before building to a primal yelp for the chorus), is so freakin' sweet. This sounds like a fully fleshed out track that just got cut from the final album for being too punk or something.

"Undone (Sweater Song)" is infinitely better than its studio counterpart, featuring floating disassociated voices singing the verses, slower tempo, and a much rawer, grittier sound. It's probably the most obviously demo-ish track here though. I love how a freewheeling guitar joins in on some deeply-mixed channel midway through the song.

"Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me" and "My Name is Jonas" build gloriously to noisy finishes and "Thief" very abrutply cuts off, which I kind of like actually.

The more ballad-like songs on here are also great, if comparatively more similar to their studio counterparts. Mostly every song is a highlight, and I may actually enjoy the whole thing more than the Blue Album, believe it or not. I'm really not a fan of "Buddy Holly" so that certainly helps keep things competitive.
>7/10
>>
File: Demo.png (707 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
Demo.png
707 KB, 716x716
>American Music Club - Rise EP
More standard country for AMC, but definitely still squarely in alt-country territory. Unremarkable and unmemorable for sure though.
>5/10

>The Last Forty Seconds - Demo
Well because I'm a bit of a aural masochist (or just trolling around for some RYM curve-padding--pick your poison) I decided to finish off the brief discography of The Last Forty Seconds. I couldn't find this release earlier on Soulseek but it just popped up today, so here I am.

Despite my best efforts, I actually enjoyed the demo a lot more than either their studio EP or split single. The songs here are more slightly more melodic, but the guitar sound is crazy massive which kind of compensates in the noise department. Like, they must have had those guitars on so many channels playing so loudly. It's absurd how massive the guitars are. On some tracks it sounds like there are a dozen of them doing all kinds of crap, all equally loud.

The singer this time works much better with the context of the music, so he's not just shouting totally independent of the melody. The singer is also much lower in the mix, so the screamo vocals are much more tolerable. The shrill, pathetic shrieking at the beginning of "Third Time is Never the Charm" is hilariously terrible though.

Or maybe I'm just beginning to get a proper taste for screamo? I certainly hope not, but if this album is any indicator, further testing may be necessary.
>6/10

>Long Fin Killie - 2 EPs
These are a bunch of early works from a band that sounds very disjointed: bangin' punk drumming, no wave noise rock guitars, jazzy horns, chamber strings, emo-level lyrics, krautrock repetitiveness, and all other manners of weirdness abound. The inconsistency can be trying.

I should be loving so called “avant-rock” like this, but I just can't see myself returning. Maybe the songwriting could be improved or something?
>5/10
>>
File: You're Living All Over Me.jpg (586 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
You're Living All Over Me.jpg
586 KB, 1000x1000
>Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me
Fucking spectacular noise rock. Some tracks are super chill noise rock and proto-90s indie rock, while others (lookin’ at you, “Tar Pit”) evolve into Lovecraftian monstrosities of harsh noise. I cannot get enough of this album.
>8/10 maybe 9/10

>Diiv - Oshin
Dream pop by way of post punk, occasionally tangentially grabbing at shoegaze as it passes. Most of the songs are such bores that songs like "Druun, Pt. 2", "Oshin", "Doused", and "Home" are actually relatively captivating. I guess that's a neat trick. Make a bunch of songs so boring that it’s hard to tell if the good songs are actually good or just good by reference? Whatever works, right?

I jest I jest. It sounds pleasant enough, but still, largely unremarkable. I found myself bored often despite the short track lengths and overall short album length. The last stretch of songs are indeed pretty good though.
>6/10

>The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
Quirky, twitchy, hyperactive pop, punk, and indie rock with smart, if vocally whiny, lyrics. Way too overproduced and pop-punk-sounding for my tastes. It distinctly reminds me of a more grating take on Grandaddy’s shtick. I suppose that’s somewhat fitting, considering P4k swept Grandaddy under the rug to give this best of the 90s, only to sweep this album under the rug to give OK Computer the best album of the 90s title. Why this is so popular, I guess I can see. Why it is so unanimously critically acclaimed, I guess I cannot.
>4/10
>>
And final review for the night...

>Eric Von Schmidt - The Folk Blues of Eric Von Schmidt
Pretty much what the label says on the bottle: bluesy folk music. It’s usually solo guitar with Von Schmidt singing over, but occasionally a bass-sounding instrument joins in the background.

The main selling point is Von Schmidt’s vocal performances, which are mixed way too high(ly?) above the guitar. He can imitate an impressive host of characters, though. He’s literally a walking tape recorder of American folk and blues music. It clearly is imitating that he’s playing at, though, which kind of kills the mood. It feels somewhat forced or hokey, and almost disingenuous, but I suspect he respects the form very much. It’s a pity it really translates poorly on to record.
>4/10
>>
File: freeform #2.jpg (1 MB, 1988x2600) Image search: [Google]
freeform #2.jpg
1 MB, 1988x2600
Lookin' to start some shit with the Dismemberment Plan rating possibly. Stave off anger and disappointment for my Long Fin Killie ratings until I listen to Houdini tomorrow though.
>>
>>65994100
You can start shit with me I love that album.

Curious what you disliked though
>>
>>65994100
I like the D Plan but only because I found them when I was a susceptible young p4k drone and can't really replace my feelings for them. Otherwise I agree with you as someone who has it as their 6th most scrobbled album ever: http://www.last.fm/user/papasmurph1/library/albums

I'm sure you won't get any hate for it, it's too popular.
>>
Can someone slide a July chart template my way?
>>
File: 1466573023886.png (180 KB, 690x228) Image search: [Google]
1466573023886.png
180 KB, 690x228
>>65994037
>It clearly is imitating that he’s
*imitation

I was wondering why that sentence sounded so weird when revising.

>>65993769
>>65993801
>>65993835
I found this exchange mildly humorous

>>65994145
Yeah I'll try to start some shit. Why not?

Thought the vocals were whiney, the production far too slick, the style very inconsistent. They blow through all manners of pop punk, indie rock, synth pop, cheesy symphonic rock (with some random guitar wailing on a few songs). As such, I feel like they pull together a lot of influences, but fail to do much unique on their own. It could just be a bad case of the influences, and their infamy and influence just got themselves dated, hard. That's always a possibility when you don't know the context. The lyrics were, as I admitted earlier, pretty smart and occasionally uniquely clever, if also occasionally awkward.

I'm just riffing right now though. I need some sleep. I'll give it a relisten tomorrow and see if I can pick out any specific songs or moments that trigger me.

>>65994164
Ooh, rough, I think? ???
>>
Just finished AATSL. Will write my thoughts on it later cause I'm going out.
>>65994456
>I found this exchange mildly humorous
Yay
>>
>>65994456
You honestly don't need a re-listen imo, it's not really something that you'll probably change your opinion on given that.

But I do kind of agree with the mixed influences thing. They're clearly influenced by the DC Punk scene (good!) and at the same time the cliche 90s rap/rock (very bad!) but I guess I'm willing to forgive that stylistic choice.

Also, as you sort of mentioned, the lyrics are great imo. If you revisit anything I would rec reading the lyrics for Back and Forth. They're pretty incredible.
>>
>>
File: 1.png (1 MB, 2911x1680) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 2911x1680
talons' - songs for babes
hmmmmm
this is an interesting concept
every song on this album is about someone, but there's a unique interaction with each person
they aren't all love stories, and not all of these stories even seem personal
some good lyrics and storytelling
soft indie folk with some minimal electronics and notes of alt-country (im a sucker for these kinds of albums)
i guess a large complaint of this album is that the songs could have been a lot more developed
sometimes it just feels like not very much is happening on this album and for no reason, like it was unfinished
6/10
>>
File: pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg (112 KB, 747x518) Image search: [Google]
pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg
112 KB, 747x518
Night daily!

Look at how tight this pigger is sleeping.

An Anxious Object will be tomorrow's featured Coffee Review™.
>>
File: 1467050294824.gif (163 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1467050294824.gif
163 KB, 263x263
good morning people

good night thread
>>
>>65996406
:o
>>
>>65984547

deerag more like deebag
>>
File: WMvL9DQ.jpg (123 KB, 659x931) Image search: [Google]
WMvL9DQ.jpg
123 KB, 659x931
i didnt know shamepai played guitar
>>
File: on ya fuckin KNEES.png (904 KB, 967x677) Image search: [Google]
on ya fuckin KNEES.png
904 KB, 967x677
>>65993997
>liking Dinosaur Jr
>>
File: uYG9pOU.gif (90 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
uYG9pOU.gif
90 KB, 300x300
>>65996406
good morning goddo

good morning /daily/!
>>
File: musical abortion.gif (426 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
musical abortion.gif
426 KB, 320x242
>>65996406
>>65997573
Good morning mvtt and Jim.

Good morning /reddit/.
>>
>>65997265
dino is 10/10
>>
File: 1402908126967.gif (390 KB, 260x317) Image search: [Google]
1402908126967.gif
390 KB, 260x317
>>65997573
>>65997753
good morning teammates
>>
File: daily music.jpg (89 KB, 1020x768) Image search: [Google]
daily music.jpg
89 KB, 1020x768
Even Oxen - Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights

1/2

Lovely record. Bear, you've definitely improved your skills with this album and it is some fine stuff. I can't say it's a favorite now but I feel like it has the potential to be in the future.

The album opens with "Our Messiah Flying with the Clouds Toward Heaven" which in my opinion is an excellent way to start an album. It reminds me of "Pasture Grazing" (my favorite track from the EP) because of it's juxtaposition of noise and pleasant melodies yet is a pretty different thing altogether. At this point I'm already hooked.

Up next is the track "Luma". This is a very blissful track. It just feels like pure simple happiness. I don't need to say more with this one. It is just absolute joy with God.

Then comes the track "Cherubim". I personally don't like this track that much. It's okay but the songwriting here just really isn't my kind of thing at the moment. The vocals are neat but I don't really like the guitars on this. It's an alright track though.

The next track "Kaiah's Connectant Ville" is an interesting one that incorporates the use of strings which is pretty cool. While again I don't like this track as much as some of the others on the album, it's still neat and helps vary the album more which is good.

Now there's "My, My, My". I think there's decent work here but it's not really my kind of thing honestly. Not much to say here. It's just a personal thing.

Then comes "Your Baileys of Water". This is a very fun track. It reminds me of "Holland, 1945" in a way because of it's upbeat lo-fi guitar playing. Really good stuff.

Suddenly, we're hit with a beast of a track. "The Dragon on the Shore Beside the Sea" is very different from the rest of the tracks (but doesn't feel out of place) cause it's a lot more intense, a lot more noisy and it's a lot longer. The track starts with very pleasant melodies playing which slowly get more quiet. Once that happens, some really REALLY strong noise comes in.
>>
File: IMG_20160628_122046.jpg (186 KB, 917x999) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160628_122046.jpg
186 KB, 917x999
>>
>>65998410
As the noise continues, a thing that I've done before as a joke enters the scene. Unlike with me though, here it is done seriously and actually finely executed. That thing is going WILD on a recorder (or at least what sounds like a recorder). It struck me as weird at first but now I feel like it works well with the noise. Insane track.

The album then ends with its title track "Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights". Good way to end the album. If "Your Baileys of Water" is the "Holland, 1945" of the album, this is the "In The Aeroplane Over the Sea" and not just because its the title track. The way Bear plays the guitar here is kinda similar and the way he sings reminds me a bit of Mangum's voice on the track. Now I'm not saying that Bear is ripping off Neutral Milk Hotel. I'm just saying that Bear takes from his influences well and makes his own good stuff with it. Very good closing track.

Overall, this is a very happy album bar "The Dragon on the Shore Beside the Sea" (which is good for different reasons) and I'm happy I have the pleasure of kinda knowing the guy who made this. I really enjoyed listening to it and will probably listen to it some more in the future. Really good stuff. 4/5.
>>
File: IMG_20160624_151537.jpg (2 MB, 1826x1442) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_151537.jpg
2 MB, 1826x1442
Good Morning daily!
Today might be better than yesterday, but still not that good.
What should i listen to next ?
>>
>>65998493
Fishmans or Discordance Axis
>>
>>65998526
Fishmans it is
Also read the manga i told you my dude
>>
>>65998487
I'm impressed.
>>
what's some ok stuff to do when you're feeling ok
>>
>>65998410
>>65998491
Though it's not very well written, I'm pleased to say this is the first sincere review I've ever submitted to RYM :D
>>65998552
I will do it this week, lad.
>>65998563
Listen to music.
>>
File: plans for the summer.jpg (65 KB, 298x470) Image search: [Google]
plans for the summer.jpg
65 KB, 298x470
>>65998563
End yourself while you feel alright so you never have to feel bad again.
>>
File: grumpy uncle mark.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
grumpy uncle mark.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>65997776
"нeт"
>>
>>65997265
>not liking Dinosaur jr
you seem like a shitty person

>>65998563
drinking a glass of water should be pretty okay
>>
File: I hate everybody.gif (1005 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
I hate everybody.gif
1005 KB, 500x375
>>65998835
>>
>>65998864
Ayy Tuco with the shitty tumblr gifs
>>
File: shit tourney 5.png (803 KB, 2000x1272) Image search: [Google]
shit tourney 5.png
803 KB, 2000x1272
Joe Harriot and the Amancio D'Silva Quartet - Hum Dono
hey man thas some noice jazz, fucking tasty ass bass guitar, nice drums, smooth instrumentation, what more could you want
I do have a bit of an issue with the tape hiss present on the recording, as it becomes more prominent than I would like it to be, it's a situation whereby you get reminded that you are breathing or blinking and now it's a concentrated effort to do so, so you can't actually ignore the fact that you hear it until you don't anymore

rec any time guise
chasing Thomas, Rudy and now Bojangle
>>
File: drink milk.jpg (31 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
drink milk.jpg
31 KB, 600x300
>>65998970
also Consume Red is next, shutup about it
>>
>>65998992
>Consume Red is next
HYPE
>>
>>65998583
I like the fact that he is looking at a bible. Makes you think huh
>>65998563
Cry yourself to ashes. Or cry till you fall asleep. Or maybe play Golf i guess
>>
>>65998581
>>65998491
>>65998410
Thank you so much for reviewing this, man! I'm especially thankful you ended up enjoying it. A huge reason why I feel I improved compared to the EP is because of you guys leaving an influence on me for experimental music so I have a lot to thank you guys for that
>>
>>65999244
Yee the experimental elements of the album were great. Looking forward to your next project, Bear.
>>
File: spectre.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
spectre.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>65999120
>Das Kapital
>a bible
So true.
>>
>>65999297
Is that phil's spectre that I hear so often about?

>>65999272
Haha I'm looking forward to it too, especially considering everything I have to record with at the moment is obsolete. What's next on the review list?
>>
>>65999357
I think a spectre is haunting Europe
>>
Is /daily/ strong enough to get the digits today?
>>
>>65999431
>>65999368
we shall see
>>
File: dubs man.jpg (42 KB, 356x437) Image search: [Google]
dubs man.jpg
42 KB, 356x437
>>65999488
>>
>>65999357
>especially considering everything I have to record with at the moment is obsolete.
I think you could find a way to put them to good use desu.
>What's next on the review list?
Of /daily/ music or in general? If /daily/ music, I'll probably give hahahahahaha's album a listen next.
>>
File: HPPJgeS.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
HPPJgeS.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
>>65999488
>>
>>65999488
W-woah

the prophecy

it's true...
>>
>>65999431
no

>>65999488
how does the t-shirt fit?
>>
>>65999488
Oh damn, Bear
>>
>>65999516
It fits very snug. I love it.

>>65999504
Woo hoo I really liked that Big Mess album, especially the more energetic/upbeat tracks. Will be looking out for that review as well.
>>
>>65999607
Yeah I heard it's pretty energetic. If I'm correct it's sorta punky right? I dunno. I'll decide for myself when I listen to it.
>>
>>65999999
>>
>>65999648
kpop will get it, sorry
>>
>>65999607
that's good to hear, you looked very happy in the snap you sent me!
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-091253~2.png (166 KB, 451x496) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-091253~2.png
166 KB, 451x496
>>65999999
>>
>>65999682
I fucking know, but it doesn't mean that I can't try
>>
>>65999699
but why do you care so much about repeating digits
>>
>>65998581
that is really 'ok'
>>65998583
2 easy to be very honest with you brother
>>65998835
already did
>>65999120
ew to all three
>>
File: very HiGh man.jpg (88 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
very HiGh man.jpg
88 KB, 480x358
>>65999714
it's not the fact that they repeat
it's the principle
>>
>>65999714
See
>>65999734

This guy gets it
>>
>>65999699
it's the only thing that makes me happy anymore
>>
>>65999734
>>65999751
repeat deez nuts nerds
>>
>>65999805
haha oh wow
lol
>>
Testing
>>
File: shit tourney 5.png (807 KB, 2000x1272) Image search: [Google]
shit tourney 5.png
807 KB, 2000x1272
WHEW lad

Ground Zero - Consume Red
you guise are gonna hate me for this but that was kinda bad
Playing the same two chords on a traditional instrument over and over whilst occasionally spoofing out some noise does not for good 'art' make
even when it hots up, by the time it happens you've long since lost interest
Even the drop is bad, it's too midtempo and doesn't effectively payload off 25 fucking minutes of shit buildup, and then it has the stones to, on the comedown, return to the opening segment
in short, shit build up, shit payoff, shit comedown, why do you like this

Soso - Not for nothing
at first I was like, OK cool, this is kind of unique, the guy speak-raps at you whilst depressive downtempo beats play
then it got really stale really fast, the lyrics are pretty bad man

if dubs I can die happy
preparing for the (you)s for panning ground zero
>>
>>65999844
>>65999855
Diggin' those digits
>>
>>65999857
do you have a tourney template?
>>
>>65999858
why though

>>65999857
(you) don't "get" """it""""
>>
File: Disgusting.png (467 KB, 977x600) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
467 KB, 977x600
>>65999857
(you)
>>
>>65999855
Git gud.
>>
>>65999858
>>65999855
>>65999844
it's coming boys, let's give those digits a nice home
>>
digit(s)
>>
Have you nerds sseen Lawrence of Arabia? Is it good? I put it on in the background and it's fucking long senpai.
>>
>>65999885
if /daily/ gets the get will it die?
>>
>>65999895
People talk about it all the time and seem to love it. One of the main reasons I hope to see it eventually.
>>
File: 1455102332957.png (41 KB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
1455102332957.png
41 KB, 3136x1996
>>65999868
pic related
>>65999875
Nobody knows.
>>65999885
Yee
>>
>>65999904
why would you listen to people
you know
people = shit
>>
>>65999903
it will be extremely painful
>>
>>65999906
reserving
>>
>>65999857
I agree. All of Consume Red could go in a five minute track and nothing of value would be lost.

>>65999904
It's on Swedish netflix, which is why I put it on while gf is at work.
>>
File: hey its me.jpg (67 KB, 804x804) Image search: [Google]
hey its me.jpg
67 KB, 804x804
>>
imagine if hampus got the get
>>
memes
>>
>>65999968
>>65999962
>>65999903
if gets this is the last /daily/ ever
die fagits
>>
>>65999968
How can he when I just did?

>>65999999
>>
File: beautiful woman.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
beautiful woman.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
digits
>>
File: 1466819008448.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466819008448.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
Repeating digits belong to anime
>>
File: 1466448193691.jpg (86 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1466448193691.jpg
86 KB, 1191x670
for the glory!
>>
File: ThomasTallis.jpg (24 KB, 356x237) Image search: [Google]
ThomasTallis.jpg
24 KB, 356x237
Tallis digits, lads
>>
heh..............
>>
>>65999994
>>65999992
lol
weak setup
>>
>>65999992
Please stop posting worst girls under my name.
>>
>>65999968
>implying I would even try to post at such a time
Nerds.
>>
>>65999992
Fuck, i was trying to figure out Sdc trip
>>
>>65999999
>>66000000
Welp, they've done it again. It was worth a try.
>>
>>65999999
>>66000000
>>
>>66000027
i'm pretty sure you're the nerd, nerd
>>
>>66000044
way to start getting dubs, nerd
>>
>>66000034
lol why even try
>>
>>66000033
Did you succeed?
>>
>some thread on plebbit a while ago
>mentioned a scene in Lawrence of Arabia as the most awe inspiring in all of kino or something
>scene with a bunch of sand dunes, suddenly camels
>"the sense of scale brought by the camels shocked me, I thought everything was much smaller!!!!"
>the dunes aren't even that big
lol how easily impressed are redditors?
>>
File: tourney1.png (623 KB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tourney1.png
623 KB, 3136x1996
>>65999906
thanks

>>65999919
well.. i didn't intend to do it right away but
why the heck not?
im doing a chart right now but it can wait i guess (or i'll do it here and there)

round 1 must be something old, as in, an album from your year of birth, you old farts
>>
>>66000122
>something old
>from when you were born
Isn't everyone in these threads like 15 years old? Even something 25y+ isn't old in music terms.
>>
>>66000136
shut up old man
>>
>>66000122
Also I absolutely HATE how all you fags do these quasi-ironic shitty designs for chart and throwing in "le memes" images. For fuck's sake, it's not funny. No one is laughing. You are shit.
>>
>>66000159
actually, every part of the image is a hint as to the restriction for each round
;^)
>>
>>66000159
You're so cute when you're mad.
>>
File: 1466846423013.png (432 KB, 745x468) Image search: [Google]
1466846423013.png
432 KB, 745x468
>>66000020
make me

>>66000122
Mushroomhead - s/t

>>66000159
b-but it's aesthetic
>>
Uh
>>
>>66000186
Wow, such deep and thought-provoking imagery. Truly the visual voice of a generation. Go fuck yourself.

>>66000192
I'm not even mad.

>>66000218
No.
>>
>>66000231
so do you not like fun or something?
>>
>>66000218
But Felix is not worst girl, he's the best.
>>
>>66000246
>he's taking Hampus seriously
>>
>>66000268
Forgot to fix my trip.
>>
>>66000122
>>66000186
The only thing your "design" hints at is your toddler level appreciation of aesthetics.

>>66000246
Regurgitating an old joke with slightly different visual language is not fun. It's not even circlejerking anymore. It's just fucking retarded for people with no creativity who desperately seeks acceptance from a group of anonymous strangers on the internet. It's like fucking high school all over.
>>
>>66000270
>Not taking me, the Lord Commander of the /mu/s Watch and Banisher of Bad Taste, seriously.
"Hilarious" ironic meme shitposter detected.
>>
>>66000297
>GoT reference
Fake hampus detected.
>>
>>66000122
reserving
>>
>>66000281
how do i win over your acceptance?
>>
>>66000122
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/storm_and_stress/stormandstress/
>>
>>66000312
You don't.
>>
>>66000309
Nothing wrong with GoT.

>>66000312
Just keep backpatting and circlejerking yourself together with the rest of daily until you're forgotten because you don't even have a personality of your own.
>>
>>66000352
The show's been going to shit for the last few seasons. Haven't seen the latest. I haven't bothered with the books either. So maybe, idk.
>>
>>66000373
That's what people keep memeing about yeah, but in reality it's been the same. The only thing that's changed is that people are upset that women are actually seen in roles of power, so they keep yelling cuck, cuck, like fucking chickens.
>>
>>66000352
GoT is an excellent example of how easily
impressed redditors are
>>
>>66000403
Indeed it is.
>>
>>66000403
Game of Thrones is more complex than you think. I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand its layers of complexity though.
>>
>>66000444
Here we go again.
>>
>>66000463
Were you expecting anything else to happen?
>>
how have i not listened to strawberry switchblade before? this shit rules
>>
>>66000444
There are literally no layers of complexity in Game of Thrones. There's just a bunch of characters. But all of their intentions are clearly spelled out at all times. It's an entertaining little show epic set in a fairly typical high fantasy setting that lured people in by being trope breaking to the point that trope breaking in itself became the trope.
>>
>>66000389
>le /pol/
Cool. I can't really scrutinize it since I haven't watched it for so long so I'll just stop posting.
>>
>>66000498
am i doing it right?
>>
>>66000403
Nothing wrong with Reddit.
>>
>>66000503
>how have i not listened to strawberry switchblade before?
You didn't open sharethreads in the last three (or more) summers.
>>
>>66000512
I don't actually watch Game of Thrones. Just thought you should know.
>>66000521
Yeah
>>
>>66000526
This is correct. Anyone who browsers 4chan and says otherwise is a massive hypocrite, because they both have the same issue with a slightly different sugar coating.
>>
>>66000517
6th season actually has me exited for the future since they cut a lot of fat off the plot that was going nowhere (THANKS GURM)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-27-06-13-26.png (353 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-27-06-13-26.png
353 KB, 480x800
>>66000503
I found myself asking that same question about Avalanches the other day when I decided to finally listen to SILY.

>>66000512
Thanks for the warning. I didn't see the appeal of going past the first episode. I still might one day but synopsis' like this one make me even more hesitant to do so
>>
File: 1461317663093.jpg (284 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461317663093.jpg
284 KB, 960x960
>>66000537
this is probably true. i rarely if ever visit sharethreads
>>66000570
best track tonight will have to last me all my life
>>
File: last 30 days.png (430 KB, 777x471) Image search: [Google]
last 30 days.png
430 KB, 777x471
Hey everyone. It's time to play Guess the Trip: Fake Hampus edition
>>
>>66000549
Last episode finally seems like it's moving somewhere and can come to a conclusion in the foreseeable future. Shame it will probably suck. Here's hoping for a nihilistic ending where everyone's dead except the walkers.

>>66000570
It's still good entertainment and one of the better tv shows, just don't go in expecting high art.
>>
>>66000623
Somedumb.
>>
File: file.png (323 KB, 816x479) Image search: [Google]
file.png
323 KB, 816x479
>>66000623
>>
>>66000268
>le dorito face goes here<

>>66000281
>It's like fucking high school all over.
true i've had the same thought, that there's a lot here reminding me of my old circle of friends from then, with even more in-jokes
but hey those were some nice memories

>>66000623
>Fahey
>Mingus
>Ground Zero
geez that could be literally anyone here
>kpoop
o hi mark (again)
>>
>>66000656
Also Somedumb.
>>
>>66000640
This is true.
>>66000656
This is fake Hampus edition, nerd.
>>
>>66000688
Double fake, nerd.
>>
What are some good blogs/websites for experimental electronic music in the vein of Black Dice?
>>
>>66000688
>no period after "cunt"
This is a phony.
>>
>>66000657
>o hi mark
classic
>>66000701
hmm
>>66000726
true
>>
>>66000630
>shirking narrative
shit taste to be honest
KING IN THE NORTH
>>
>>66000712
Just follow labels
>>
you're a nerd if you don't watch got
>>
>>66000122
YESillget back to you soon
>>
I'm gonna stop "watching" Lawrence of Arabia now, because it seems good enough to warrant an actual viewing.
>>
>>66000823
Good advice, so glad indie and small labels are still supporting niche genres

>>66000630
Are you enjoying Better Call Saul? It's the show I care about actually watching at the moment
>>
>>66000862
"viewing" David Lean [the historical revisionist] at all
shit taste to be honest
>>
>>66000851
Yo La Tengo - I Can Head The Heart Beating as One
>>
>>66000877
Literally no idea what the show is even about. I've seen it praised on reddit and that makes me not want to watch it (even though that can be misleading, like with Rick and Morty).

>>66000880
It's not like I'm watching it as a history documentary you
>>
>>66000969
Have you seen breaking bad? Better Call Saul is the prequel to the series that focuses on Saul, Walter's "lawyer". The first season was charming and had me interested in the second season. As soon as it goes on Netflix I'll binge on it, just wanted a second opinion

Recently discovered rick and morty and I love that show now too
>>
>>66001036
>Have you seen breaking bad?
Like a season or two, then quit because it didn't entertain me at all. I probably wouldn't like BCS either then.
>>
>>66000122
pick the first one you haven't heard
Arto Lindsay - Noon Chill
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
Cornelius - Fantasma
Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
>>
>>66000122
well I was joking but why not.
De Kift - Krankenhaus
>>
File: mornin_pigger.png (250 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
mornin_pigger.png
250 KB, 600x493
Good morning /daily/!

>>65998970
Cool, I'll take Don Ellis Orchestra - Electric Bath for next round.

>>66000122
Hello I'll take Scott Walker - Tilt
>>
>>66001538
restriction is that it has to be tagged as Misanthropic mang
will keep a thumb on it though, looks pretty cool
>>
>>66001589
oh fug
Are you familiar with early Swans and late Scott Walker?
>>
>>66001626
early swans very, late scott walker non, although I did get assblasted for giving Tilt a 6
>>
>>66001649
Rightful assblasting.
I'll take Big Black - Atomizer
if not then Scott Walker - The Drift
>>
File: tuco judges the rym algorithm.png (1 MB, 842x856) Image search: [Google]
tuco judges the rym algorithm.png
1 MB, 842x856
Beach Boys - Smile Sessions
this had moments of absolute brilliance, where Beach Boys just pile on the instrumentation creating warm blankets of comfy, everything is wonderfully clear, moreso than Pet Sounds, it really benefits from modern mastering
it's really similar to animal collective at points as well, like REALLY similar (I guess that's the wrong way to put it hey, Animal Collective is similar to Beach Boys, not the other way around, but you catch my drift)
Sounded really fractured, clearly all the ideas were there but the transitions hadn't quite been hammered out yet, not a bad thing, everything is there, ready to be arranged properly, just hasn't been done yet

Revolver Next, then what?
>>
>>66001689
I love Atomizer already so The Drift it is
(I actually didn't hate Tilt, contrary to popular belief, was kinda intrigued actually, said I would revisit it as well)
>>
>>66001791
o fug you haven't heard Jesus Lizard Goat?
CHANGE PLS
>>
>>66001770
Fun fact: Beach Boys, like most rock bands, wrote singles that were then arranged into albums by record company workers for marketing purposes. Any semblance of "transitions" you hear is likely all in your head, unless you're listening to a true concept album.
>>
>>66001865
have you heard this, mid track the music will stop... ten start something completely different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfAMP5rgGfI
>>
>>66001904
Yes?
>>
>>66001935
fair point actually, although I think they recorded a bunch of song parts and handed it over to a producer in this particular case
>>
>>66001865
Smile was a concept record though, the original sessions were arranged based on Brian Wilson's Smile when he finally completed the album in 2004
>>
>>66002066
I mean, doing what is essentially a fade out and in with silence between two different songs hardly screams "artistic genius song transition" to me.

>>66002121
Smile Sessions, on the other hand, is not a true concept album, and any comment on the "transitions" is just a waste of whatever medium you're using to communicate it.
>>
Lol Kamasi Washington said in an interview that Kid A was similar to free jazz in its meditativeness.
>>
>>66002265
I wasn't talking about transitions between tracks but rather within them and furthermore I wasn't saying they were good, it sounded fractured because there was a cohesive song somewhere in there, one with no silence from beginning to end, it just wasn't arranged in any way, I literally couldn't give a fuck about the transitions between tracks
>>
>>66002336
Need rec m8, Misanthropic descriptor on rym
>>
>>66002355
Then I believe the proper term is development.
>>
>>66002372
How the fuck do I search for that? Do I have to click on every album I like to see if it has that descriptor?
>>
>>66002265
what about the comment "Do to the nature of these recordings merely being unfinished sessions, many of the transitions between songs are clunky and evident of the album's incomplete status" ?
>>
>>66002413
I feel like something is missing at the end of that quote.
>>
>>66002389
probably
>>66002402
you really haven't heard anything remotely 'angry' at all
>>
>>66002450
hampus stahp bein a le grammar nazi XDDDD
>>
>>66002459
>>66002402
when in doubt, rec something associated with Tom Waits (except Rain Dogs, Bad as Me, Swordfishtrombone, or Bone Machine) or Nick Cave (except for Let Love In, Tender Prey and Your Funeral... My Trial
>>
>>66002482
No more like, I can't even understand what that quote is about because there is important information missing. What is it that the nature etc of these recordings DO (which is what the quote starts by asking)?
>>
>>66002578
he meant "due" you clon
>>
>>66002601
That makes a lot of sense.

>>66002413
Those transitions are not important because any album transitions are bound to be clunky because it's not an inherent aspect of the album format. The only albums where song transitions even remotely matter are true concept albums. Anywhere else, the transitions can be however clunky they want because the only important thing is that the songs stand on their own.
>>
>>66002671
you having us on? this argument should have finished 6 posts ago
>>
File: Dailychart2.png (2 MB, 1372x1372) Image search: [Google]
Dailychart2.png
2 MB, 1372x1372
Mouse On The Keys - An Anxious Object (1st impressions)
pretty gay 4.0
>>
>>66002720
What's wrong with having a discussion?
>>
>>66002568
>>66002402
Bad suggestion, rec a punk album, 95% chance it will be 'misanthropic' (unless you are silly and rec a new wave album
>>
>>66002671
so you can't compare an attempt to recreate a true concept record from original session recordings with the actual completed version?
I really don't understand what your logic is here, smile sessions is not a singles compilation, it is trying to be a faithful recreation of Brian Wilson's completed project, which is a concept album. I think it is fair to compare them because the transitions matter in both cases. Whether they actually work is another thing.
maybe you should actually listen to an album before you start critiquing it?
>>
>>66002783
Smile Sessions is by definition an unfinished and unpolished product, so complaining about the transitions is even worse than complaining about them on any other singles compilation album. Consider the fact that the compilation includes songs that don't even belong to Smile.
>>
File: month1.png (3 MB, 1780x1800) Image search: [Google]
month1.png
3 MB, 1780x1800
>Bowery Electric - Beat

The beats get a little too dreary and repetitive at points but overall a solid listen and something I enjoyed for most of it. Fear of Flying is excellent. Definitely fuses Trip Hop and Shoegaze decently as well. Shoegaze isn't really my style though so I don't think I enjoyed this as much as someone else might.

Also I forgot who recommended it but I picked up White Noise at a second hand store yesterday and so far its pretty good.
>>
>>66002865
>Consider the fact that the compilation includes songs that don't even belong to Smile.
as bonus songs yes. What's your point?

I think it's fair to critique how accurately the producers and engineers were able to recreate Brian Wilson's complete vision with the original album sessions.
Yes, I'll grant them some leniency since they were working with incomplete sessions, but I don't think it should be exempt from criticism.
And I'm impressed with what they were able to do with the material, it's very accurate to the final version.
>>
>>66002951
Twas I, lent my copy to my sister about 6 months ago and she hasn't given it back
>>
>>66002989
>>66002951
gets way better after the first part
>>
>>66002960
You make a fair point and I can't argue against it. However I would say that transitions really don't matter at all unless it breaks the order of events on a concept album. I haven't listened to Smile enough to know if there is anything like that going on, but musically transitions really don't matter (unless the music itself is part of the narrative).
>>
>>66003026
I agree with that, but I think Smile has enough of a narrative structure to justify it being a fully fledged concept record.
probably 80% of most pop albums are just studio arrangements tho
>>
>>66002402
>>66002402
actually lol just go to noise rock and rec something from there, turns out that rym uses are edgy teens and think anything noisy that isn't sonic youth is misanthropic
rym~eamonntheblade
>>
>>66003137
>rudi
>noise rock

ahaha this will REALLY fuck him up he only likes jazz
>>
File: Dailychart2.png (2 MB, 1372x1372) Image search: [Google]
Dailychart2.png
2 MB, 1372x1372
Skip James - 1931 Sessions (1st impressions)

Skip James showcases his incredible versatility with this delta blues classic. Each song features a distinctly different fingerpicking/piano syle and song structure, making this a very fun and listenable album.
The recording quality, however, is about what you'd expect from a '31 delta blues session. ie. it sounds like it was recorded in the back of a moving van with a waterlogged guitar hero 3 mic. (some recordings are actually not brutal)
If you can deal with incredibly lo-fi music then this should not be missed out on.
Recommended.

excerpt for the curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnhH9z1gZg
>>
File: taiwanese memes.jpg (168 KB, 677x408) Image search: [Google]
taiwanese memes.jpg
168 KB, 677x408
Afternoon, /daily/. What are you listening to/watching/reading?

I watched Stalker earlier. I'm still processing it.
>>
File: tuco judges the rym algorithm.png (1 MB, 842x856) Image search: [Google]
tuco judges the rym algorithm.png
1 MB, 842x856
Beatles - Revolver
Yeah man, I mean it's the Beatles, I've heard most of what's here without realizing and pretty much the only standout tracks to me are the ones I've heard in movies (bar yellow submarine, which is a bit insultingly simplistic, still a banger though)
liked Elanor Rigby in particular

Jesus Lizard - Goat
really agressive Noise Rock mang, dunno what else to say about it, familiar already with Mouth-breather, which is a really good track
liked the bass guitar, which was punchy, yeah dude

Alrighty, off to bed now
>>
>>66001805
>>66003417
You're really fuckin' my shit up now f4m.
You better like The Drift.
>>
>>65989229
>>how does a website keep consistently fucking up like this?
I've contacted my Serverhost once again, I'm getting a little fed up with it too. Not because it's down all the time, but because I have no idea why it is down all the time. Maybe DDOS again? I dunno, lets wait for the reply.
>>
Fish wake

>It's a hampus pretends not to be angry after a long ranting post episode
wew

>>65998526
>>65998552
oh boy

>>65999488
:o

>>65999693
>>65999648
>>66000034
>>66000039
K POOOOOOOOOOOOP

>>66000122
Uchu Nippon Setagaya by Fishmans

>>66000444
trips confirm

>>66003417
nite!!
>>
>>65999857
Judging from that review, you probably won't like my rec either. Oh well. It's the worst Ground Zero album I've heard so far, but I still like it.
>>
>>66000122
Saetia- s/t
>>
>>66003417
Just fyi I can't stop reading your name as "Imposter Taco".

>>66003516
>>It's a hampus pretends not to be angry after a long ranting post episode
The fuck, are we reading the same thread?
>>
>>66003613

>Likes Game of Memes
>Doesn't like Twin Peaks

I don't think there exists a Costanza condescending enough for this.
>>
>>66003640
There is literally nothing wrong with GoT. At least it doesn't pretend to be le epic surrealist masterpiece like Twin Peaks (and everything else Lynch does).
>>
File: 1391126841898.png (113 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1391126841898.png
113 KB, 250x250
>>66003613
>Imposter Taco
Thought I was the only one

>>66003640
try this one
>>
>>66003137
Don't really like any of those genres but I'll try and find sth :)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.