[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is Radioheads best album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
This is Radioheads best album
>>
Agreed
>>
>>65931701
The Bends and OK Computer.
>>
It's basically Pablo Honey, except good. Even then, PH isn't the worst thing ever, it's just meh.
>>
If you do a track vs track review of all the albums it's not even close. The Bends is by far the best.
>>
>>65931747
OK Computer is a close second
>>
File: in_plying.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
in_plying.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>65931879
>he thinks it's a good idea to rate albums solely track vs track
>>
Just is my favorite track on The Bends.
>>
>>65932076
It's the best way to determine which albums progress better than others.
>>
I disagree but I respect your choice
>>
>>65932268
What do you think is their best?
>>
>>65932298
Amnesiac
>>
>>65932340
I'd put it with HTTT. Has some God tier songs then it has just some of their worst
>>
>>65932497
Which songs do you consider the worst on Amnesiac?
>>
The bends and ok computer capture that early 2000s college rock feel even though the bends came out in 1995. Even then it just shows how ahead of their time the bends was.

For me personally, I've become to respect the bends a lot more as of recently, namely for track 3 & 4.

Right now A Moon Shaped Pool is my favorite though.
>>
>>65932538
Packt like sardines, Pulk and I might be wrong off the top of my head
>>
>>65932691
I think all of the songs on Amnesiac are great except for Morning Bell, mostly because it's the inferior version.
>>
File: Radiohead.pablohoney.albumart.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.pablohoney.albumart.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
Would this be considered a Grunge classic?
>>
you gotta have context to the albums the really rank them imo
>Kid A
The album as a whole is their most cohesive and best, listening to it gives me a very distinct feeling and mood. Overall master atmosphere

>OKC
Has a few better individual songs, masterpieces in Let Down and Paranoid Android

>IR
Maybe equal to OKC idk Weird Fishes is incredible, Reckoner is damn incredible, Nude is seriously one of the most beautiful songs ive ever hear legit crid frst time i herd

>Amnesiac
Some damn wonderfully haunting songs, but overall just not consistent enough, hunting bear being misplaced or just should've been omitted for Cut-tooth like it was supposed to be.. And Life In A Glasshouse is so fucking powerful to me, Pyramid song too, otherworldly...

>AMSP
God tier songs, just hasn't settled in all the way yet, too early to call it a classic. But fuck this has some heartbreaking shit man

>HTTT
There There is the best song they've ever written
Go to Sleep is their most underrated song
>facts

>TKOL
When it clicks it clicks, and the groove sets in and dud its just too short honestly. the b sides make a sorta coherent piece but nothing compared to their past stuff

>The Bands
Some gr8 Guitar
Fake Plastic Trees is one of their best
High and Dry is one of their worst

>I would rank all their eps and b sides above PH
>>
>>65932939
>High and Dry is one of their worst

Hi Thom
>>
>>65933128
he's right you know
>>
>>65932939
>high and dry is one of their worst

>le Pablo Honey is bad meme

OK KID.png
>>
>>65931682
Planet Telex and Just are GOAT Radiohead songs.
>>
>>65933137
How is High and Dry bad?
>>
>>65935129

Because its mainstream
>>
>>65935129
lurk more
>>
>>65935129
i guess it's not awful, just bad compared to the other songs on The Bends
>>
What happened to the guy who wanted to throw In Rainbows into that disgusting kiddy pool?
>>
Wrong
>>
>>65935347
Elaborate? What's a kiddie pool?
>>
in rainbows is the best but the others are good too
>>
>>65932939
>High and Dry
>Worst

uhhhhhh you sure about that?
>>
that's not amnesiac, OKC, IR or MAYBE kid a
>>
Street Spirit is Radioheads best song.
>>
>>65932655
The Bends sounds late 90's as fuck m8
Not that it's a bad thing, tp me it sounds like driving in a highway at night in the late 90's. Comfy album.
>>
Agreed.
>>
>>65931682
name one song written by them that I should enjoy.
>>
>>65937193
Street Spirit
>>
Fucking idiot!

I'm so tired
>>65931682
Yeah, 2nd best, maybe.

I'm ready to die.
I hope you are too, youngling!
>>
>>65937473
Nice Dream playing now
>>
>>65935472
I'm guessing you're learning guitar >>
Street Spirit is a great song for learning either Spanish picking or Fucking Untalented Picking with a plectrum

On the other hand ....

Do you wanna really hear?
>>
I love this album so much
>>
>>65937473
Jesus, good.

Thom,X
>>
no it isn't fuck off
>>
>>65935129
Because it's literally nothing.

Which fits the song, but it's still literally nothing. It's lazy for the sake of lazy. It's Thom's take on Beck.
>>
>>65937618
No shit, Sherlock!

WTF is wrong with Reddit?!

You tell me, idiots!
>>
>>65932939
Amnesiac is far more than its album, I've always felt. Amnesiac is the album + b-sides. Which could be an album of their own.

Seriously. Kid A + Amnesiac + B-sides is Radiohead at their collective best. There is no arguing this. This is who they are, this is who they will always be, this is their fucking peak.
>>
>>65937661
shut up, asshole. take your meds
>>
File: kek.jpg (26 KB, 353x373) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
26 KB, 353x373
And all this from One Drunken Twat...
>>
>>65937661
Please elaborate.
T/
>>
>>65931682
Call it overrated all you want but OK Computer improved upon The Bends in every aspect.
>but m-m-m-muh Iron Lung
Too bad bitch, OK Computer is still better
>>
>>65939010
It really is. Bends extrapolists are the ultimate contrarions.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.