[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Michael Jackson: 7 Years Ago Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1200x915) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1200x915
Today, June 25, it has been 7 years since the death of Michael Jackson.
Let's share some stories. Where were you when you first heard the news? How did you react?
What's your favorite Michael Jackson album? Favorite MJ song?
How do you view Michael Jackson as a performer, musician, and human being?
>>
hell be fine
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 540x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 540x494
>2009 was 7 (seven) years ago
LITERALLY, what the FUCK
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU

>June 26, 2009
This was made in less than a day.
>>
i was jacking off but right before i climaxed my dad came in and said "son michael jackson is dead" and then i shot jizz all over my stomach
>>
I was on a bus and told an MJ pedo joke to my friend I killed him it was me I'm sorry mom
>>
I remember being in Moe's (the restaurant) then the manager came out and changed the channel on the TV to the news, a couple of black people who were actually started crying and called their families. Thought it was kind of weird since I never listened to him past his popular singles.
Smooth Criminal is a fun song though, I got high and did a karaoke of it one time.
>>
Farrah Fawcett died earlier that day, and so I was watching her appearance on The Dating Show or whatever it was called. In the sidebar of related videos there was one that featured Michael Jackson when he was about 12 years old. I decided to watch that one next because I thought that would be cool
I think he died an hour later. I was told by my aunt that they had the radio on while my little brother was getting a haircut at the barbershop, and they broke the news that he had been rushed to the hospital. We turned on the news and within minutes they had confirmation that he was dead
>>
I enjoyed Michael Jackson when I was a kid, he would sometimes come to my house and give me his secret chocolate milk recipe, I would usually take a nap afterwards and wake up with a wicked bad ass pain though, my doctor could never figure it out.
>>
>>65923474
>I enjoyed Michael Jackson when I was a kid
he enjoyed you too
>>
NGHDALA
HEE hee!
HEEEE!!!
HEE cheese!
OW!!
JAMONE
AH
>>
File: you.jpg (19 KB, 424x335) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
19 KB, 424x335
>>65923508
>>
>>65923474
>I enjoyed Michael Jackson when I was a kid
he enjoyed you too
>>
>>65923655
DAH
JALA
JAMONE
DAH
AH
AH, HOO!!
HEE HEE!
JAMONE AH
SHAMONE
DALAH
HEE HEE!
CHEE HEESE!
OOOOOOOH!
>>
I was in an intro English lit class. The professor announced it, and I remember thinking "Damn, never followed sports much but I'm gonna have to watch Space Jam again now"
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Donna Summer, Whitney Houston, Lemmy, David Bowie, and Prince are all dead
>>
I was on a bus to New York and my sister texted me saying they upgraded our cell phone plane to have texting, and that MJ also had died.
>>
>>65923988
Don't forget Bernie Worrell.
>>
It was a warm, sunny June day. I remember it with great clarity because I'd been upstairs at the window snooping on my 13 year old neighbor swimming and then I come downstairs and my mom has the TV on and they're all like breaking news Michael Jackson is kill and I'm like "Damn."
>>
>>65923988
At least half the people on that list weren't any great loss.
>>
>>65923988
Lou Reed too
>>
lol totally forgotten about him
>>
File: moonwalker_mega-drive6[1].jpg (196 KB, 950x600) Image search: [Google]
moonwalker_mega-drive6[1].jpg
196 KB, 950x600
I didn't even realize the significance of the date, but I just finished plaything through the Moonwalker game on Genesis, just because I had a spontaneous urge to dust the system off, and the game was near the top of my stack.
>>
File: 2.png (233 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
2.png
233 KB, 480x360
AAAAAAAAAAH
>>
I was playing Halo 2 and my mom came in and told me he was dead. I always remember that when I play it.
>>
I was listening to the kills 'Last Day of Magic' and my girlfriend came up and told me, crazy
>>
My little brother came up to tell me that MJ was kill

Funny thing is I hated him with all my fiber telling me this and I wanted to punch him.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 236x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 236x170
>>65925701
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1390632007796.jpg (50 KB, 737x1175) Image search: [Google]
1390632007796.jpg
50 KB, 737x1175
>>65923988

>he forgot 3pac
>mfw
>>
>>65923988
I expected Prince to last until 70-80, at least.

I can't believe that Madonna is still alive.
>>
I was at a Boy Scout camp lel. It was a week long summer camp.

No one was allowed phones so everyone assumed it was just a rumour being spread around camp.

First thing I did when I got home is google Michael Jackson to see if it was true or not, and it was.
>>
>>65929185
same. that shocked me more than bowie and lemmy.
>>
>>65928478
rat-tat-tat-tat-TAT

(dass juss the way eetees)
>>
>>65924020
underrated
>>
>On summer vacation with family
>Hear that he died, I understood why that sucked, but I wasn't a fan of his music, so I didn't really care
>Legitimately more upset when Billy Mays died three days later
>>
>no "micheal jacskon is kill" post yet
"No"
>>
>>65923251
I'm guessing most people on /mu/ werent born yet.
>>
>>65923988
>Keith Emerson shot himself in the head
>>
I was sitting in the field at a white sox game. First we heard everybody around us talking about it and I thought it was rumor bullshit.

It was kind of surreal because by the end of the game any convo you'd hear from other people was about the death. It was verbal wildfire.
>>
i remember VH1 and MTV just played MJ music videos and documentaries non stop for the entire fucking day
and all the "RIP King Of Pop" T-Shirts that followed for the next fucking year it felt like
>>
>>65923251
>Where were you when you first heard the news?
on /mu/
>How did you react?
I was glad
>What's your favorite Michael Jackson album?
He has albums other then Thriller?
>Favorite MJ song?
Smooth Criminal
>How do you view Michael Jackson as a performer,
shit
>musician
shit
>human being?
when he's not raping little kids or getting surgery to make himself white he seems like a nice guy.
>>
Used to follow Perez Hilton on twitter (not much to follow back then) and he tweeted he had a heart attack, went on his site and Perez was all "We knew it, he wouldn't find the way to bail from this comeback tour". Then everyone reported he actually died and Perez deleted the post and started acting all heart broken. Piece of human shit should've been him that died, not MJ.
>>
I'm glad he's dead. Disgusting pedophile piece of shit. If only he died before he molested those kids.
>>
>>65932910
yes holy shit
BET, Centric, Vh1 Classic, MTV Hits, MTV, MTV2, VH1, it was all non-stop Michael Jackson. I have really fond memories of that day, even though it was so sad. I discovered a lot of great, great music.
>>
>>65932930
>He has albums other then Thriller?
>Favorite song Smooth Criminal
Fuck off
>>
File: disgust.png (471 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
471 KB, 551x550
>>65923988
>mentions Whitney Houston
>doesn't mention Lou Reed
Seriously? Whitney's music was trendy pop that wasn't interesting or innovative in anyway. She didn't even write any of it. Lou was an extremely influential innovator who changed music forever with The Velvet Underground.
>>
I was in my house posting on 4chan

>tfw I'm still in my house posting on 4chan 7 years later

I wonder if there'll be any new michael jackson documentaries released today
>>
>>65923950
top kek
>>
>>65928478
Giving zero hoots in heaven :(
>>
>>65923251
I can't remember what I was doing on that day but I remember the exact day before it:

I was at my friends house and I brought over this Family Guy Boxset and we were laughing our asses of as my friend and I were 15 and then one of the episodes they went to Disney World and there was a "3D Michael Jackson" performance and Peter goes "Wow it's so lifelike" and the 'gag' was the "3D" Michael runs and grabs a little boy from the audience. After this my friend goes "Haha that's so funny, Jacko is such a paedo I'll be glad when he dies", I saw him a week after this and he went on about how sad his death was.
>>
>>65932930
>not realizing Off the Wall was the best album
Fuck off pal
>>
I remember all the jokes in the wake of his death, "Guess his heart just couldn't Beat It" and stuff like that.
>>
File: michael-jackson-closet-raid-5.jpg (274 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson-closet-raid-5.jpg
274 KB, 600x446
>post yfw he had a sex dungeon hidden behind his closet
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 600x435
>>65928322
UUUUUUUUUUHHH
>>
>>65923988
you guys always forget Pierre Boulez :'(
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.