[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is mu's opinion so far? >implying mu can listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
What is mu's opinion so far?

>implying mu can listen to patrucian music
>>
Still nothing as good as Frontier Psychiatrist

The fact that they chose Frankie Sinatra for the music video is extremely worrying
>>
>>65910000
Why?
>>
electro/swing
>>
>>65910393
They usually pick their best for the music video. If Frankie Sinatra is what they think is their best, imagine the rest of the songs on the album....
>>
Track ranking so far:

SILY tier:
If I Was a Folkstar

Good Tier:
Colours
Subways

Not good tier:
Frankie Sinatra
>>
>>65910436
>They usually pick their best for the music video.

They literally have one other album how can you notice a trend that doesn't exist?
>>
>>65910436
He likely meant bands in general
They probably picked it because it's the most accessible single
>>
>>65910452
>SILY-tier
Because I'm Me
Going Home

>Great-tier
Subways
Colours

>Good-tier
Frankie Sinatra
If I Was a Folkstar
>>
I want to like Subways but the fucking half-step up makes me cringe everytime

The rest of the song is good tho
>>
So far it's just been some decent electronic/hip hop music, which is pretty disappointing
>>
>>65910436
Danny brown said in an interview that Frankie wasn't his best work, he claims he did a way better job on another song from the album though.
>>
When is this shit gonna leak?
>>
>>65912173
After 16 years, I'm sure you can wait another 13 days.
>>
>>65910801
what time does that take place at
>>
>>65912442

he's talking about the modulation. He's just being autistic.
>>
>SILY-tier
Subways
If I Was A Folkstar

>Amazing Tier
Going Home
Sunshine

>Great Tier
Colours

>Good Tier
Frankie Sinatra
>>
>>65910436
>They usually pick their best for the music video
Who's they?

The Avalanches? They only had one album and Frontier Psychaiatrist wasn't the best song on it at all (probably the second-worst to Avalanche Rock)

The whole music industry? That'd be a huge generalization, but even if we are generalizing, labels make the first singles be the most accessible song on the record.

Have I been baited?
>>
I find Frankie Sinatra just as goofy and somewhat catchy in an annoying way as Frontier Psychiatrist.

Colors is great though. Only heard subway once but liked it too.
>>
>>65912669
>>65912745

I don't understand the hate for frontier psychiatrist. It's a great song and has some amazing scratching on it. I think /mu/ just hates it because it is popular.
>>
>>65912865
I never said I didn't like the song. Hell, I think some parts are just phenomenal. It's a great track. However, I just think that the other tracks (barring Avalanche Rock) are better.

I'm sure that most anons believe this as well. Don't be dumb and just assume that people have shallow reasons for thinking something.
>>
>>65912865
Frontier Psychiatrist is a fantastic song to play round normies.

They'll think "lol that's weird" then put on Kasabian or some shit
>>
>>65912865
This. People also think it's "lolsorandom" but the samples combined together work wonderfully. I picture it as a compilation of movie scenes.
>>
>>65912669
Why do you consider Avalanche Rock to be a bad song when it only exists to be a bridge between songs? It does what it's supposed to do just fine.
>>
>>65913224
You're right that it works in context, but standalone, it's weak. Like if it came up on shuffle, me and I'm sure many others would skip it.
>>
>>65913268
But any track from SILY should be played in context, never separate. And besides, in terms of transitional tracks, Avalanche Rock is way better than Pablo's Cruise.
>>
>>65913439
>Avalanche Rock is way better than Pablo's Cruise
Oh man, Pablo's Cruise because it's such a transitional track that it didn't even register in my brain.

But anyway, personally, even in context, Avalanche Rock is the worst track on the album to me. Once again, I've never said that it was a bad song.

I'm not attacking SILY or anything, I love it. I'm just saying that I like the other tracks on the record more than FP and Avalanche Rock.
>>
who /withmybaby/ here
>>
I like avalanche rock To Be Honest. it's got a fun classic action/thriller movie vibe.
>>
>>65913630
I'm the original guy who asked you. That's fine, mate. We're all SILY fans here after all
>>
Loving pretty much everything so far, can't wait to hear the full thing.

>14 days
>>
>>65912987
Avalanche Rock doesnt really even count. It's just an interlude.
>>
File: SILEU.png (2 MB, 647x645) Image search: [Google]
SILEU.png
2 MB, 647x645
I preferred this single
>>
>>65913736
MOVE BACK
>>
https://youtu.be/md0MexFnYZc?t=82
>>
File: 1390591894448.gif (876 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1390591894448.gif
876 KB, 256x192
>>65913630
Alright, fair enough.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.