[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If this isn't your AOTY then you know N O T H I N G about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: The_Glowing_Man_(Front_Cover).jpg (101 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_Glowing_Man_(Front_Cover).jpg
101 KB, 300x300
If this isn't your AOTY then you know N O T H I N G about music, literally.
>>
>>65909611
>>65910209
Cringe
>>
>rock music
whatever you say dudester
>>
>he listens to swans
>he still listens to geetah music
lol
>>
>>65909611
It's the same thing as the last one with even less variation and even more repetition. It has 10/10 moments but it's such a fucking chore as a whole.
>>
haven't kept up on the discussion for this album. has anyone noticed this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmGWSm2a3Es
>>
>>65909611
>MUSIC IS OBJECTIVE!!!!
>>
>>65910708
>repetition
>chore as a whole
that's the entire point of swans. that being said, out of their most recent albums, the seer did the best job of accomplishing this in a creative and artistically expressive way
>>
That's not HS3
>>
>>65909611
we're still only halfway done with the year.

we'll see in six months which album i listen to the most out of this, radiohead, death grips, or some as-yet unreleased masterpiece that nobody's ready for
>>
>>65912050
we know

>on young god website

"The song ‘The World Looks Red / The World Looks Black’ uses some words I wrote in 1982 or so that Sonic Youth used for their song ‘The World Looks Red’, back in the day. The music and melody used here in the current version are completely different. While working up material for this new album, I had a basic acoustic guitar version of the song and was stumped for words. For reasons unknown to me, the lyric I’d so long ago left in my typewriter in plain view at my living and rehearsal space (the latter of which Sonic Youth shared at the time) and which Thurston plucked for use with my happy permission, popped into my head and I thought “Why not?” The person that wrote those words well over three decades ago bears little resemblance to who I am now, but I believe it remains a useful text, so “Why not?”. Maybe, in a way, it closes the circle.

The song ‘The Glowing Man’ contains a section of the song ‘Bring The Sun’ from our previous album, To Be Kind. The section is, of course, newly performed and orchestrated to work within its current setting"

there's more, but these are the parts that people seem to not realize are definitely deliberate
>>
>>65910708
>even less variation and more repetition
no no no, the variation is just much more subtle throughout, if you don't keep paying attention, there's a ton of "blink and you miss it" musical accents and things going on in that mix that are much more complex than what was going on in the last 2 albums

one thing I will say is that this one has fewer "grooves" than the seer, and especially tbk. leans much more on the atmospheric/trance-inducing side of things
>>
NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR
>>
>>65912832
>we're still only halfway done with the year.
this, how can you have an AOTY if the year isn't over?
>>
>>65909611
This album is nothing but a snoozefest.
>>
>>65913339
AOTYSF obv
>>
The pinnacle of rock music 2bh
>>
>My Father... 7
>The Seer 9
>To Be Kind 10
>The Glowing Man 7
Debate me.
>>
anyone have a link
>>
>>65914648
this
>>
>>65914648
www.google.com
>>
>>65912199
Agreed, The Seer is a masterpiece. Everything since has been diminishing returns. It's not bad by any means but it doesn't do anything for me.
>>
>>65913209
>"blink and you miss it" musical accents

you mean like 15:36?
>>
>>65914836
I like the earlier version of black hole man better. more intesne
>>
>>65913645
TGM is an 8, but not much else to debate
>>
>>65913645
>The Seer 8
>TBK 9
IMO To Be Kind is great but not deserving of a 10.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.