[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have an of montreal appreciation thread. Favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Sunlandic Twins.jpg (526 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Sunlandic Twins.jpg
526 KB, 800x800
Let's have an of montreal appreciation thread. Favorite album? Favorite songs? Looking foward to the new album?
>>
File: 1f556588.jpg (96 KB, 790x486) Image search: [Google]
1f556588.jpg
96 KB, 790x486
Kevin's gone off the deep end
>>
>>65907867
Saw them on tour for Sunlandic Twins. The Repudiated Immortals is still one of my favourite tracks.

Favourite album might be Lamping though.

I didn't like the single I heard from the new album, but I'm sure other tracks will redeem it. Barnes makes some great shit
>>
>>65907901
Barnes has always been off the deep end

>>65907936
Skeletal Lamping is a great album though. Probably my second favorite behind Satanic Panic in the Attic. The single isnt the greatest, but im sure we'll get at least a few good songs off the new album.
>>
File: lousywithexwife.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
lousywithexwife.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>65907901

>yfw Big Kev has checked out and Georgie Fruit has returned
>>
I will continue to defend Aureate Gloom until I die.
>>
>>65909138
I'm curious what about it you like, I thought it was kind of aimless and bland
>>
>>65909138

When I listened to Aureate Gloom it sounded like Brit rock. I have no idea where that influence came from suddenly. I mean it wasn't bad, and since he's played 60s psychedelia and glam rock before it's not like it's completely unrelated to what he was playing before, but Lousy With Sylvianbriar sounded specifically American. I never thought I'd pick up an of Montreal release and be reminded of Blur
>>
I recently started listening to Of Montreal.
Which album should I give a proper listen to first?
>>
>>65909219
It's an incredibly sharp album with a certain bite to it. Musically it's pretty diverse with some songs journeying through several different parts, shifting emotions and dynamics. I just find it lots of fun. I also really love Kevin's lyrics because of how spiteful and honest they can be.

I really don't understand why people dislike it because the last thing I would call it is bland. But that's just me.

>>65909365
Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer is a great starting point.
>>
>>65908829
Kek.
I might be okay with this. Skeletal Lamping was great
>>
The single has grown on me and I'm really hoping for a larger Prince influence.
>>
I love False Preist, doesn't get enough love
Satanic thru Paralytic Stalks is a great run
Haven't heard lousy or gloom yet.
They have really good early stuff but I haven't fully explored it much outside of cherry peel, bedside, and gay parade
I always buy a different oM album when polyvinyl has a sale
>>
I love Paralytic Stalks, what should I listen to next?
>>
>>65910257
Hissing Fauna
>>
skeletal lamping is easily one of my favorite albums ever. New album will probably be pretty good.
>>
i'd love to hear kevin's take on shoegaze
feel like that could be interesting
has glamgaze been done before?
>>
File: om.jpg (989 KB, 4899x2497) Image search: [Google]
om.jpg
989 KB, 4899x2497
>>65909365
>>65909426

Hissing Fauna is amazing and all but I think Satanic Panic is the best way to start with oM.
>>
>>65911146
Satanic panic is a great start. Best album too. Nice chart.
>>
File: Ofmontrealflowchart.jpg (393 KB, 1594x1149) Image search: [Google]
Ofmontrealflowchart.jpg
393 KB, 1594x1149
>>65911146
Yeah Satanic Panic is one of my favourites but I prefer Hissing Fauna as a starting point because it encapsulates more styles. It's a good fork in the road for what you want to listen to next.

Here's another chart too, not as complete though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.