[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tonedeaf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1442785893184.jpg (76 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1442785893184.jpg
76 KB, 680x680
who else /tonedeaf/ here?

Listen to my abomination : http://vocaroo.com/i/s01GWalXZVDe
>>
=)
>>
>tfw you can literally only falsetto and everything else is just flat as fuck

g-guess it worked for sigur ros
>>
tonedeaf or have you just never practised singing at all? Do you even play an instrument?
musicality is not a talent you're born with. Every good musician has spend a lot of time to perfect his art and when people whine about 'talent' they dismiss all these hours of practise.
>>
File: 1447188827729.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447188827729.png
136 KB, 250x250
>tfw you'll never create beautiful music
>>
File: 1464661245584.jpg (39 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1464661245584.jpg
39 KB, 657x527
>record me speaking
>cringe at the sound of my voice
every. time.
>>
>>65907020
It's not hard. All you gotta do is go to your local church and sit behind the organ. Press one white key and play a slow melody on other white keys.
>>
Robert Fripp is tonedeaf, as strange as that might sound.
>>
>>65906651
you kinda sound like that one drunk guy who was singing it in the back of a cop car.
just figure out relative pitch, just play a note on a guitar/piano and match the note with you note
>>
>>65907311
He was tonedeaf, over time he trained his ears.
>>
>>65906651
A great tip if you want to get better at singing my good bruv, don't worry about how loud you are. Find a piano and sing through scales with your voice. get used to your voice, don't cringe at it or feel ashamed because that really fucks with your confidence. if you want to get better, get used to hearing your own voice and try your best to learn relative pitch. a little bit of music theory helps out quite a bunch
>>
Music is more about motifs, rhythm, dynamics, and stuff. Pitch is the least important aspect anyway.
>>
>>65906651
legit tone deafness is extremely rare, you just don't know how to match pitch. this can be taught.
>>
>>65906651
Professional musician here.

Tbqh I don't think you're tonedeaf, there are some sections that it sounds like you know better, and you do better pitch matching in those sections, so that's a dead ringer for not being totally a lost cause. You're just not very practiced and don't listen to yourself while singing.

basic advice:
1) Listen to easy singing tunes in the car and sing along with them. Try as hard as you can to match pitch properly all the time. I suggest artists like Woody Guthrie and The Carter Famiy, since their melodies are very simple.
2) Learn enough music theory that you can read music in bass and treble clef and you know the modes of the scales and major/minor chords. This isn't very hard, shouldn't take you more than a week.
3) Buy a book called "Music for Sight Singing." Old editions are very cheap. Sing every passage, except for the last chapter because fuck singing passages from Babbit string quartets. At first, it's okay to play the melodies at the piano and then singing them, but by the time you get to the third section you should sight sing every melody before helping yourself with the piano. Use solfege! You may think it's bullshit to say silly syllables when you sing, but it's not!
Basically, practice sessions should look like this:
>Sit down at piano
>Sing a few warm up scales
>start with last passage from yesterday
>give yourself the tonic (e.g., if it's in C minor, give yoursself a C)
>sing the passage
>Check your pitch at the end
>repeat through the next 10 or 15 passages
After a few weeks, you'll be not tonedeaf at all.

For you, it's really important that you do the rhythmic exercises. Record them and play them back and keep on doing them until they're perfect. Because your rhythm is much worse than your tone.
>>
>>65908753
Good lad
>>
>>65906651
>>65908115
this, get loud
karaoke is a good place to learn this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.