[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some other bedroom recorded/lodi albums on the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: homepage_large.d0b8b518.jpg (100 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.d0b8b518.jpg
100 KB, 319x319
What are some other bedroom recorded/lodi albums on the same caliber as the works of Phil Elverum or Dan Barett? I've heard everything by both and am looking for more.
>>
>>65904714
*Lofi albums, not lodi
>>
>>65904714
Bee Thousand
maybe some of Sam Ray's stuff, specially Ricky Eat Acid and i will be my own hell
>>
Twin Fantasy
>>
>>65905355
seconded. pretty much anything by car seat headrest
>>
>>65905718
this. Car Seat Headrest is unfortunately getting memed to death on this board but he's an amazing songwriter and his stuff is definitely worth checking out
>>
>>65904714
Alex G's music
I recommend the songs Harvey and Sarah for that sound
>>
>>65904714
Maybe some more bands related to the microphones like Little Wings
You'll probably love Chad Vangaalen, it's amazing that he's never mentioned here
Great lyricist, singer and melody-maker.
Listen to "Rabid Bits of Time" and "Shave My Pussy" they're both great tunes.
Thanksgiving is similar to Phil even though i haven't listened too much to it.
>>
>>65904714
early Black Moth Super Rainbow
Animal Collective - Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
>>
File: 1437587246465.png (439 KB, 494x366) Image search: [Google]
1437587246465.png
439 KB, 494x366
As far as I know Phil and Dan are pretty much the pinnacle of feelsy bedroom recordings but I have a few things that hold up to a similar standard of quality
https://joplinrice.bandcamp.com/
https://littlekid.bandcamp.com/
http://www.littlewingsnow.com/ (this guy has contributed to The Microphones, featuring on Mount Eerie's title track as King Dark Death)
https://thanksgiving.bandcamp.com/
https://crywank.bandcamp.com/
Also listen to Tim Macuga's Flowers of St Francis
Hell, listen to everything on both Phil and Dan's record labels

Unfortunately, most of the other recs you will get in this thread are more likely than not just basic /mu/core stuff because that's the extent of most peoples' taste on this board. But anyways, Phil and Dan are my two favorite musicians and if you enjoyed them half as much as I did you'll love all these recs
>>
>>65908228
Wow rude, i recommended him artists i have basically never seen here, and you go and insult me.
You even recced something i recced.
>>
Are they any good bands from Lodi? I'm in california and the only thing that it's known for is the root beer
>>
>>65908254
That was more of a blanket insult for the whole thread
you're cool mate (I did miss that you already rec'd Little Wings and Thanksgiving though)
>>
>>65908275
I've also never heard a single of these other artists here i think, except of course for car seat headrest which doesn't even really fit the same kind of feeling as it's more digital low quality not quaint comfy background noise and analog lo-fi
>>
>>65908314
Have A Nice Life isn't exactly quaint comfy background noise either and OP was asking for stuff similar to that as well (not that CSH is similar to HANL or Giles Corey)

Also, are you telling me that you've never heard of Animal Collective or Black Moth Super Rainbow
>>
>>65908393
I'm really retarded now so i didn't realize they were posting albums so yeah these are bands i've seen posted alot.
and i wasnt calling it background noise, i was saying that the music has that analog background noise, like the wind blowing and that to create a bit of ambience which makes the music cozy.
>>
>>65908393
Also this have a nice life stuff is great, i always thought it was black metal or something like that due to cover.
I don't know why i haven't listened to it sooner.
>>
>>65908635
there is a lot of black metal influence on HANL, but just as much influence comes from shoegaze, post punk, and slowcore

By the way, don't just write off black metal like that. There is a lot of quality stuff in that realm of music
I'd suggest checking out some good atmospheric stuff like Wolves in the Throne Room or Locrian
>>
>>65908713
Yeah i know, i know i should get into that stuff, i like phil elverums more black metal inspired music.
I just know i probably won't like it, and that's mostly because of the vocals.
It may seem superficial to you but i'd rather find the same kind of feeling in music where i don't have to spend so much time trying to ignore an integral part of the music.
>>
>>65908713
not the same guy but do you have any black metal recs?
>>
>>65908810
metal vocals are objectively shit
>>
>>65909193
That's what i'm feeling myself.
They sound kinda silly and cheesy to me.
>>
>>65904714
jordaan mason
>>
File: 1466715933370.jpg (250 KB, 822x722) Image search: [Google]
1466715933370.jpg
250 KB, 822x722
>>65908890
Burzum
Xasthur
Mayhem
Liturgy
Those are some of the big names in my library
You're probably better off with a black metal essentials chart or something
I'm personally much more of a drone doom guy

>>65908810
>>65909247
If you like atmospheric stuff, I'd recommend getting into some less violent metal, perhaps working your way up to aggressive, screechy bm. I strongly recommend Sunn O))), they are the masters of creating atmosphere, and the amount of "metal vocals" in their music is minimal. If you like them, get into the more vocal oriented drone doom like Khanate and Burning Witch.
It's easy to just write off metal vocals but they have their place in art
>>
>>65910823
No, I don't really write them off, i pretty much understand why they are there.
They just really aren't my thing, in the same way that i will never be able to like some cheesy radio voice, i dislike the delivery and style of them.
>>
>>65911118
Still though
At least listen to a heavily bm influenced album like Black One by Sunn O)))
Blackgaze would serve you well too
>>
>>65904714
Women in technology - White Town

I don't talk about this in real life because people either think "Women in technology" means he's a crazy leftist or "White Town" means he's a nazi. Also managed to get a #1 single through pure luck, nothing he has done before or since that song has even charted.
>>
>>65911147
>>65911147
I've as i've said listened to much of phil elverums black metal inspired music and it gets pretty close sometimes.
I'm not the biggest fan of drone personally though...
>>
>>65911233
>I'm not the biggest fan of drone personally though...
Understandable, but you should be
Push your boundaries motherfucker
>>
>>65911259
That's pretty much what i've been doing when i've been exploring my taste generally. And I don't feel a need to explore my boundaries in the most extreme direction, since i feel pretty happy with what i have.
I can't really dig noisey stuff without melody or rhythm and all.
I'm okay with harsher stuff and slower more mood driven things but as far as i've experienced things tend to either become a little too hazy and boring or too crazy and angry where my boundraries draw
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.