[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Daily/ Anarchy in the UK edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103
File: daily man.png (2 MB, 1500x1489) Image search: [Google]
daily man.png
2 MB, 1500x1489
would you look at the time The EU is fucked

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters
http://topsters.net/
>down apparently

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.
>ha skype oh wow

Most importantly, Jobs and Growth

Previously on Daily >>65885941
>>
How do you balance new music vs. backlog?
>>
>>65903933
listen to new music when it comes out
listen to backlog the rest of the time
>>
>>65903933
chart out how you want to listen to music for the foreseeable future
organise it so that you have an equal amount of new music and backlog
use topsters or it's constituent other
trip up and participate mang
>>
Thread theme: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxKkLG2qLg
>>
File: a brand neu tourney.png (1 MB, 1092x2670) Image search: [Google]
a brand neu tourney.png
1 MB, 1092x2670
Alright.
>>
>Brexit
>Scottish independence
>Irish reunification
>England sinking and burning at the same time
>Germany lost credibility
>France and Italy ready to step up and lead european reforms
what a time to be alive for a latin-yuro

Anyway, review time
I think it clicked, I've listened to enough funk recently to spot bad stuff when I hear it and this album seems to qualify. Which is a shame because it has a neat cover.
This whole thing tries to find an in-between to stand at the same distance from early disco music, funk and RnB. sadly it cannot really make heads or tails of it and ends up pounding some disco beats thus losing the rythmic drive of funk music, it keeps some funk-influenced basslines that do not go that well with the steady disco rythmic, it goes for a very RnB take on vocals that, through excessive layering, ends up bloating the final mix and make the whole thing feel too heavy and with too little movement.
>>
File: class conscious lel.png (805 KB, 474x434) Image search: [Google]
class conscious lel.png
805 KB, 474x434
>>65904198
>mfw satanic handjob over an EAI performance incorporating a reading of The Society of the Spectacle
>>
File: two.png (1 MB, 1197x1288) Image search: [Google]
two.png
1 MB, 1197x1288
>The Venetia Fair - The Circus
This album brought back bad memories of music I used to listen to when I was 13. I did not enjoy the vocals of this at all. Instrumentally it was better, but nothing of it blew me away either, sounded very generic actually.

>The I.L.Y.'s - I've Always Been Good at True Love
As mediocre as it gets. I'm a fan of Death Grips and I genuinly think that they are doing super creative things most of the time. It surprises me that they had the guts to release this medicore garage punk/noise rock album that does absolutely nothing new or challanging with all the hype behind Death Grips. The album is not bad by any means, just painfully medicore and very forgettable.

>Shaka Ponk - Loco Con Da Frenchy Talkin
My life is too short for this.
>>
>>65904298
forgot my name
>>
I can understand the bureaucracy surrounding the appointment of elite users and who listens to what at what time later, but one thing I have to ask is: how on earth do you manage to rate albums? Is it a haphazard "this meatloaf is 7/10" or is there an actual grading scale involved? One thing stopping me from using RYM is the fact that I can't think of criteria beyond my continued listening to it to decide an album is good.
>>
>>65904450
>I can understand the bureaucracy surrounding the appointment of elite users
Elite users are the ones that shitpost the most.
>who listens to what at what time
We decide on a whim.
>how on earth do you manage to rate albums?
Pulling numbers out of our asses.
>>
>>65904450
I always had a problem with rating things too, until I changed my whole mindset about it when I started posting on /daily/ 2 weeks ago. I always tried to rate it "objectively". It felt wrong giving a classic album a low score considering the skill and passion behind it and the influence it had. Now I changed the way I rate. It is 100% just a scale on how much I enjoy an album. I don't listen for any skill in the music, not any "influence" it had, I just rate according to two things: Did I enjoy this and will I listen to this again? I can give a classic album a bad rating now because I know that it doesn't say anything about the music other than: I did not like this because it is not my kind of music. And the number still doesn't mean anything, it is still super subjective. I can have a bad day and give an "okay album" a 5, on a different day I give it a 6. There are so many subjective things behind it... I don't take the number that serious anymore, it's just a reflection of my initial feeling of an album. And if my feeling about it changes some time later, I have no problem with changing the score again.
>>
>>65904630
That's a great way of thinking about it.

rate my rating scale
>>
what's the point of this general?
>>
>>65904816
shit on ym chest
>>
File: 1462477380029.png (146 KB, 565x549) Image search: [Google]
1462477380029.png
146 KB, 565x549
>>65904630
>It is 100% just a scale on how much I enjoy an album.
this
it doesn't really make sense to rate albums based on whether they would be good to someone else/are technically good
>>
File: denial.jpg (564 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
564 KB, 1200x1200
>>65904838
>>
>>65904630
damn daniel
>>
File: fennesz o'rourke.png (489 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
fennesz o'rourke.png
489 KB, 600x540
Christian Fennesz & Jim O'Rourke - It's Hard for Me to Say I'm Sorry
>new bleepy Jim O'Rourke
https://mega.nz/#!ohYAVTpL!ovhIv5WYB1zlbfEE1zCJjrOyE_bMahaTWsuTSSUCvGw

<3
Go buy the record though. It's pretty.
>>
>>65905026
did a double take on the cover art, thought it was just some meme image you picced at first
>>
>>65905086
>O'Rourke cover art
>not a meme image
>>
File: tuco judges the rym algorithm.png (1 MB, 842x856) Image search: [Google]
tuco judges the rym algorithm.png
1 MB, 842x856
Ween - The Mollusk
Didn't know that Ween could be so damn infectious
obviously, the big meme at the moment Ocean Man is a legit good song, but there's also a surprising amount of catchiness, and dare I say it, feels here. Didn't think they were capable of it after listening to Pure Guava.
This is a really good album

Yo La Tengo - Painful
In a word serene
I feel like I could sink into the floor while listening to this, it's not quite as good as any of the fore-bearers of shoegaze (MBV, Slowdive, Jesus and the Mary Chain) but it makes a damn good effort by stripping all of it away to the bear essentials
some of the tracks don't really land all that well, but it's a pretty solid album all things considered

what next
>>
>>65905158
Portishead - Third
>>
>>65904298
That's what you get for taking trans god suggestions
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1440x1080
you got me to watch your waifu anime and it's nice. driving my car to nowhere in particular just cuz is something i should do at some point i guess

>>65905168
transgod is for open minded peoplel such as transgod only, you wouldnt understand

he's wrong, chamber pop pronk is great, not generic
>>
>>65905356
I was referring to the Shaka Ponk album more than anything
>>
>>65905356
>wasting fuel for no reason
genocide
>>
>>65905124
true
>>
>>65905625
what am I seeing
>>
>>65905158
>feels
something the Mollusk doesn't get enough attention for imo

After Third I would rec hearing Feedbacker, but ya know just do you my man

>>65905582
I admittedly do this too :/
>>
File: coffee_pigger.jpg (61 KB, 800x647) Image search: [Google]
coffee_pigger.jpg
61 KB, 800x647
Good morning fellow nationalists!

Today is a good day to finish my chart and bathe in the tears of remainers.
>>
>>65905767
do it with a bicycle pls
-burns fat
-saves fuel
>>
>>65905793
Trish sent, filtered, reported.
>>
>>65905805
>it's ok to burn fat which is basically solid oil
>not ok to burn fuel which is also oil
Wow, what's wrong with you green peace people?
>>
>>65905805
Spoken like a true yurofag
>>
>>65905552
fair, point still stands

>>65905582
the reason would be my own enjoyment :^)
>>
>>65905767
Feels hit me hard when Mutilated Lips and It's Gonna Be (Alright) came on
>>
Rec me some calming British/Irish folk music, like authentic folk ballads that sound great to someone who genuinely likes acoustic/folk singer songwriters
>>
>>65905356
R.I.P Bill, Never forget
>>
>>65905934
The Gloaming - 2
excellent 2016 dreamy folk, it's also really Irish
sung in Gaelic
it's up on SoulSeek I believe but if you don't want that I could Upload it for you
>>
>>65905793
ok but why are you on the wrong side of history rn

>>65905805
HEALTHY AND EFFICIENCY
>>
>>65905915
She Wanted to Leave and the Reprise hit me pretty hard

>>65905934
Roy Harper - Stormcock
David Thomas Broughton - The complete Guide to Insufficiency
Vashti Bunyan - Just another Diamond Day
Gryphon - Red Queen to Gryphon Three

You've probably already heard Van Morrison and Nick Drake, right?
>>
File: teef.jpg (158 KB, 614x978) Image search: [Google]
teef.jpg
158 KB, 614x978
>>65905793
dude it's the current year
nah but seriously I guess your entitled to opinion even if that opinion is shite
why do you want them to leave the EU?
>>
>>65905969
listening on YT right now, if I like it I'll dl it on slsk, thanks famalam

>>65906002
sweet recs, i'll check them out, and yes Van Morrison and NDrake are well-known and listened by me
>>
>>65906026
>>65905969
Actually, I'm looking at slsk right now, and I can't find it. Everything is just downloads for that one Radiohead song lol. Would you have a link?
>>
>>65906002
thought Nick Drake was from burma
>>
>>65906058
He was born in Burma, but lived most of his life in England iirc
>>
>>65906054
I'll upload it to the sharethread, it's writing to my Mega account as this post is made, currently at 25%, Australian Internet though, give me like 30 minutes
>>
>>65905793
wow the meaning of the pig bojangle adores is actually the meaning of filthy proud2beamerican capitalism
>>
>>65906086
coolcoolcool
>>
What's this week's listenalong?
Also for your consideration: >>65905602

>>65904198
Oh, forgot about this. I should probably make something. Something horrible in order to lose.
>>65905026
>Go buy the record though. It's pretty.
Pretty doggo at the least. Not sure if I'll be checking this out since I'm not a fan of electroacoustic and the likes.
>>
File: lazy tournament.png (404 KB, 1594x1958) Image search: [Google]
lazy tournament.png
404 KB, 1594x1958
>>65906136
>Something horrible in order to lose.
I'd say it should come naturally but you are a champion pop music recommendeer after all.
>>
>>65906177
I'm gonna try and make something and if I fail expect many different versions of the same jazz standard.
>>
>>65904198
>1.5
Tell me how you felt about it all pls boss
>>
>>65906286
Later, gotta go.
>>
>>65906301
Ok. I'm leaving for a couple of days, so I'll have to look for it in the archive later
>>
>>65906018
I don't have a strong opinion (I'm Canadian) I just think it's funny to flame the fire.
....but
>Sovereignty
>Immigration
>Security
>~10bn saved in UN fees
If you don't think a global superpower can survive without being propped up by the EU, you're mistaken. Sure their trade and markets will take a big hit while they figure their shit out, but any step away from globalism is a step in the right direction imo.
I don't want to derail this thread so I won't respond to any more comments about this.
>>
>>65906658
Yeah, or perhaps you're just against the EU because Cameron is pro-EU and Cameron fucked a pig head, innit lad.
>>
>>65906658
fair enough
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (672 KB, 3215x756) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).png
672 KB, 3215x756
Here's some brand new releases for you guys to check out, if you haven't already
>>
1 MB, 842x856
Portishead - Third
Expected this to be happier, was really surprised with what I just listened to
obviously the drums are fantastic, but the songwriting and lyricism are also great

Bone Machine and Bug next, because that is what the algorithm says
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (1 MB, 1001x854) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
1 MB, 1001x854
Anyting cool on here except Swans and Saul Williams?
>>
>>65906944
Lone is pretty good, although his last album was pretty disappointing. Not sure how his live set is though.
>>
>>65906944
I like barnt. I'm seeing lena willikens next week so can report back later
>>
>>65906985
>>65907024
thanks
>>
File: howhaventiheardtheseyet.png (501 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
howhaventiheardtheseyet.png
501 KB, 505x505
Radiohead - The Bends (1st impressions)
Holy shit this is boring and uninspired. This is every bad rock cliche. If you focus on one instrument at a time you can actually visualize the sad robotic yorkeslave playing his 100th take because the cymbal at the end wasn't perfect.
this is >tfw no gf music for sad people who like cold devoid music.

NEW CHART SOON GET /HYPE/
>>
>>65906944
Anna von Hausswolff is awesome.
>>
File: Untitled Chart.jpg (555 KB, 1870x1050) Image search: [Google]
Untitled Chart.jpg
555 KB, 1870x1050
Here's my listening chart so far. Please ask me to give my thoughts on any of the albums there.

Bonus question: If you could have any song redone in the style of another song, which two would you choose?
I'd have this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7_TbMIVnA] redone in the style of this [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLqCHKfX54]

>>65907340
I couldn't agree with you more on the Bends to be honest.
>>
>>65907474
Wouldn't mind your opinion on Stooges Debut; 9 seems insanely high for an album that imo only has 3-4 good songs, and no individual songs that even reach to a 9.
It's singles + some shit they made up the night before recording (which IS pretty punk tho 2bh).
>>
>>65907474
talk about young fathers and feels
>>
>>65907474
Thoughts on Feels and why it's the greatest?
>>
File: 1418246787763.jpg (99 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1418246787763.jpg
99 KB, 1000x750
I realized my songwriting spikes up as soon as I try to play a new Swans album on guitar. Some chords just shape up and it is pleasant.

Off to go party lmao.

What is /daily/ up to?
>>
>>65908140
that a real photo pham
drake collab when?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_RupNB1X8A&index=4&list=PLAhwneLBOOadswHFDKgFxDhqStwmbU0a3

How the FUCK did no one tell me about these guys before? This is some rock solid stuff. It's warm, dreamy and prancy, grounded with a understated vocalist.
>>
>>65908442
dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKGLc0vAS0
>>
>>65907613
>>65907602
I don't really like Animal Collective as much as other people here seem to, but Feels and STGSTV are the best I've heard from them. All their early albums seem to follow a similar feeling of delicate instrumentals with little twinkly details, played underneath vocals that sing childish lyrics quietly, occasionally breaking out into screams or shouts (which is when they work best).

So, when I talk about how good an early AnCo album is, the question is basically "how well do they execute their typical feeling"? The reason STGSTV executes it well is the moments of noise and similar loudness, since they manage to release the tension built up in the intricacy of the instrumentals, in quite a cathartic way.

Anyhow, here's how Feels executes the typical AnCo theme in a way that earns it the honour of being at least "good": the passion that is seen in other albums in loud moments or other "peaks" is usually maintained throughout the whole of the tracks in Feels, and not just reserved for short moments that are surrounded by pixie-ish indulgence. We can see this in the rejoicing nature of the vocal melodies in the first track, "Did You See the Words", and the very poppy track "Grass", which is held up by pretty good vocals (since they range from screaming to impassioned falsetto) and a constant, accessible drum rhythm. The track also manages to reduce the effect Animal Collective sometimes have of sounding like a weirdo on his own in his bedroom; there are backing vocals which –especially when in conjunction with the solo shouting at other points in the piece–make the music sound like there has been considerable thought put into it.
>>
>>65908688
There are, obviously, disadvantages to the album and this is where it is similar to other works by Animal Collective: there is a worrying lack of variety in the overall atmosphere that the sounds create, across the whole album. This always makes me wonder why a lot of the music is there, aside from the purpose of lengthening the album. Many of the original techniques in the album, such as the dancing drums that come in the intro of "The Purple Bottle", are treated as minor afterthoughts as they are combined with vocals and instrumentals that sound far too similar to everything else they do, everywhere else in the album (and their discography).
>>
1 MB, 842x856
Dinosaur Jr - Bug
Nirvana without any charisma
not that Nirvana has any charisma to begin with
I mean, the songwriting is decent but unmemorable and J Mascis' voice doesn't agree with me at all, it's annoyingly apathetic, the mix is also pretty terrible, and fuck distortion honestly
first 'bad' album of the chart

Tom Waits - Bone Machine
Tom Waits is basically just that hobo drunkenly singing old folk tunes at four in the morning and it's great
This is pretty good, don't really get how this is supposed to be disturbing though, just a little spooky scary
Murder in the Red Barn is far and away the best track
cool as fuck

probably got time for one more, got work in the morning and have to go to bed soon so make it short
>>
>>65908747
Illmatic
>>
File: 43214l13n50815.jpg (25 KB, 281x375) Image search: [Google]
43214l13n50815.jpg
25 KB, 281x375
>>65908442
How did you not know about them?
>>
>>65908747
>Tom Waits is basically just that hobo drunkenly singing old folk tunes at four in the morning

did you have a particular hobo in mind or does this hobo you are picturing represent all hobos?
>>
>>65908747
What did you think of "Don't" on Bug? I don't think that can be described as apathetic
>>
File: cover.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
fucking hello
>>
>>65908842
all me btw
>>
>>65908775
>did you have a particular hobo in mind
not really, although there was this one guy who occupies a toilet block on the foreshore near the university that I go to, had a talk to him whilst drunk, found him a couple of weeks later passed out on the bank cradling a goon bag, they made him move on
>or does this hobo you are picturing represent all hobos?
not really, I was using the phrase more as a simile based on (admittedly unfair) stereotypes of drunk homeless people
>>
File: 1445579692761.png (276 KB, 454x504) Image search: [Google]
1445579692761.png
276 KB, 454x504
>>65904198
This is me bringing in the fire.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/yO4w9qRL/file.html
>>
>>65908759

I mean, I've been mostly listening to music from the 70s and 80s, so I didn't hear too much 90s stuff, but still. This has been a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>65908828
take a Jimi Hendrix song, strip away all the production and add a buttload of distortion (i.e make it not good)
the vocals aren't apathetic but the music is terrible regardless
>>
Man. Over an hour of music and every minute of it was great. Now I gotta listen to ALL of Stereolab's stuff.
>>
>>65908688
I couldn't agree more
>>
File: howhaventiheardtheseyet.png (500 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
500 KB, 505x505
final score oh shit
what'll it be
>>
>>65909554
>>
>>65909554

I liked the second track most, the Mr. Magoo sample got me. Also the Car Bomb track was kind of funny.
>>
>>65909554
a wrong one
>>
Michael Yonkers is right up my street, punk tinged psych that's a bit lo-fi.

>>65908920
Triggered me 2 days in a row wow.
>>
File: howhaventiheardtheseyet.png (498 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
498 KB, 505x505
Negativland - Escape From Noise
This is what happens when a Ween cover band and a Faust cover band accidentally book a studio at the same and decide to do a collab.
funny =/= good
This is like a Saturday Night Live skit in music form, definitely funny but definitely not good.
Still worth a listen though.
Score: 11!
/20
(that's a 5.5 for people who haven't learned fractions yet)

NEU! CHART INCOMING
>>
>>65909964
terrible opinions
>>
1 MB, 842x856
>>65909756
sorry about that

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush (sorry to the dude who suggested Illmatic, neil young was shorter, first thing tomorrow after work)
Very good, more cohesive of an album like this than anything I've heard from folkies so far
genuine feels on this
not much to say, 17 of you feckers have heard it already, you either liked it or hated it, it's pretty straightforward, I liked it

peace out
>>
File: topsters2 (3).png (740 KB, 2650x1372) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (3).png
740 KB, 2650x1372
>>65909964
From best to worst:

Frank's Wild Years
Bad Timing
Disintegration
Song For My Father
Superfly
Slow Deep and Hard
Public Castration
Bottomless Pit
On The Corner
Unwnd
In Rainbows
Escape From Noise
Ziggy Stardust
Man Machine
The Bends

Pic related is neu! chart
>>
File: thanks.gif (1021 KB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
thanks.gif
1021 KB, 371x209
>get the Merzbow Haino Pandi thing in the mail
>it plays at 45 RPM
>play it at 33 1/3
>don't notice anything is wrong until side 4 when Haino finally starts moaning

free improv, lettuce angel men
>>
>>65910116
awful, awful opnions
>>
>>65910130
Hey, that's my signature move!

>>65910162
>>65910035
Thanks!
>>
>>65905026
Thanks, this was pretty good! It peaks very nicely, but the build-up sections weren't incredibly noteworthy.
I'll definitely give it more listens though.
>>
>>65909964
11!/20 is 1995840 though
>>
File: embarrassing.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>65910607
>thinks he's some sort of math god
>actually thinks 11! is the same thing as 11*10
>>
>>65910607
tru
>>
>>65910846
this is bait? I'm not sure...
>>
File: image.png (372 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
372 KB, 750x1334
>>65910607
True
>>
>>65910914
>not knowing your factorials off by heart
fuckin loser
>>
>>65910971
Can you do 11*9*8*7*6*5*4*3 in your head?
>>
God. Damnit.
This was close, so close to being pretty damn good. Here we have DJ shadow for once laying off his crackling samples and completely embracing the most recent sounds of hip hop, blending his ability to create lare atmosphere and musical spaces wit hteh rcurrent take on hip hop instrumentation. the funk rum samples are traded for highly reverberated and spacious drum machines hypnotic in their repetitions and identical beas,while synth lines provide a certain breath and organic feeling to the final mix.
That could have been great.
But for some reasons someone here thought this album needed some single power, thus The Sideshow and Nobody Speaks, two plain, uninteresting rap track that completely break the entire momentu mand flow of the album, not to mention its overall aesthetic, for no good reason other than grabbing a couple more ears with a Run The Jewels feature.
This was so, so damn close.
>>
>>65911067
it's 9! x 5.5
which is (3628800 x 5) + (3628800 / 2)
which is (36288000 + 1814400) / 2
...so no not really
>>
>>65911483
FUK i added a zero
I do have the factorial tables memorized to save time on exams though
>>
>>65911125
the instrumental hip hop producers lazily throwing in a few features for no reason is a meme that needs to die
either have no features or only features
>>
File: R-785924-1244631425.jpeg.jpg (11 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
R-785924-1244631425.jpeg.jpg
11 KB, 300x296
>>65911601
I'll take no features at all, thank you very much.
>>
>>65911067
I just calculate the gamma function in 12 in my head
>>
>>65911483
>>65911954
Fuckin' nerds
>>
File: Dailychart2.png (649 KB, 1372x1372) Image search: [Google]
Dailychart2.png
649 KB, 1372x1372
WHAT DO FIRST

>>65912041
fuckin wanker
>>
/DAILY/ I require your help.

I need pictures/names of important Communist philosophers and leaders

I feel like this would be the best place to come for this sort of thing
>>
>>65912219
Everlovin'
>>
File: ayy.png (345 KB, 459x480) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
345 KB, 459x480
>>65912283
>>
>>65912283
pictures: see google images
people: marx, engels, lenin, trotsky, gramsci, zizek (kek), guevara, zedong, castro, debord, adorno, ho chi minh, de leon, kim il suk/jong il/jong sun
>>
>>65912283
>>
>>65912383
>>65912411
>>65912453
ty <3
>>
People often describe "Untrue" by Burial as the album to listen to after you've broken up with your lover and you're eating cold McDonalds on your own. I didn't really like Untrue, so I never really got that feeling.

But here's my thought: if Spiderland is the album to listen to in the self-conscious rage of anxiety at some social situation, pic related is the album to listen to when you've driven home and you're quietly sobbing to yourself in your kitchen without the lights on, alone.
>>
Hey Mark! (and Jez)
We need a listenalong album
>>
>>65913836
>>65866681
>>
>>65906944
i like lone and kaityln aurelia smith is pretty great as well
>>
>>65913857
Oh, nice! Thanks for pointing out
>>
>>65912735
Nice breakdown. Would definitely fit. HTRK is also somewhat underrated, so cool to see them here.
>>
File: cover.jpg (30 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
30 KB, 396x400
HEY NYARL
Here's the mixtape

https://mega.nz/#F!KtV0VaDB!DClP7ATOc3vbHYrQe6036A
>>
>>65904630
Isn't this just the proper way to rate things?

>>65908920
>stripped back, distorted, sounds like Jimi Hendrix
Sounds like my type of shit.
>>
>Judee Sill is getting posted semi-regularly by a person that isn't myself

I'm unsure of how I feel about this.
>>
>plug has been empty for the past 7 hours
when did /daily/ get a social life?
>>
>>65915738

Most /daily/ users are normies with girlfriends and jobs. It's sickening. Only Shamepai is a true OG.
>>
>>65915799
>the /daily/te who goes to parties and tries to talk to girls there isn't a normie
You're a phony and you forgot your trip Shamepai.
>>
>>65916059

He's still an autistic weeb.
>>
>>65916135
name a single /daily/ trip who isn't autistic to some level
>>
>>65915799
It's true, I'm leaving to a party in 10mins.

Fun party songs to play?? They're not completely normies and actually like music, but I'm not busting out Faust 1 or anything.
QUICK
>>
>>65916215
Faust 1
>>
watching jimmy jazz drunk snap and drunk plug is pretty funny desu

>>65916215
faust iv is more accessible
>>
>>65916251
Good choice, thanks

I will 100% play CMON FUCK A GUY tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhszQbOl95k
>>
>>65916292
Np.
>>
>>65916183

sshx
>>
File: R-2771961-1300446665.jpg (166 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-2771961-1300446665.jpg
166 KB, 600x600
>>65916215
Bits of that album can actually work pretty well if you are with the kind of folks who will tolerate something that doesn't have vocals
>>
>>65916384
honestly the only sane /daily/ien, but just being on /daily/ gives you a small degree of autism

>>65916292
good pick but did you see >>65916267
>>
File: der kommisser.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
der kommisser.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>65916215

Falco - Der Kommisser
>>
>>65916215
KRS One - Sound of Da Police is a banger
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle is the greatest dance song ever
Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey and Fight for Your Right are fun as fuck
Erik B and Rakim - I Ain't No Joke
>>
>>65916215
>65916215
oh and any pet shop boys
>>
File: concerned_zaius.jpg (22 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
concerned_zaius.jpg
22 KB, 320x213
>>65916525
>not Rock Me Amadeus
>>
File: falco.jpg (26 KB, 399x300) Image search: [Google]
falco.jpg
26 KB, 399x300
>>65916659

One day you will understand true patriciancore
>>
File: image.png (975 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
975 KB, 1334x750
Hey guys, I'm still alive, just going through some weird shit. Nothing too bad, just got v.bust at work, and I need to drive across country to pick up my brother, who's moving in. I expect I'll be able to come back more regularly when I'm back on the 6th.
/blog

So do you want tourney update with scores but bad/no writing, or should I wait and put some effort in, but it might be a week and a half?
>>
What was the last album to give you serious feels?
>>
I DONT TRUST ANY OF YOU MEMES

>>65916995
just tell me I won f4m
>>
>>65917355
play some Tzusing or something
Chuggo is a guaranteed hit

>>65917281
Songs of Pain
>>
>>65917355
my suggestions were all non-memes :(
>>
>Bernie Worell is dead
If the whole world listents to p-funk enough, his soul will become a spaceship and reach hyperspace.

that feel though
>>
>>65916995
Good luck on the road trip, be safe too. And yes, tourney results would be cool to see

>>65918160
Never got into funk, probably never will, but this still womps. Sorry morty
>>
>>65918160
stfu tho tripfag
fkin cringe
>>
>>65918160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSERB93GYfw
playing my share
>>
>Kanye just livestreamed naked Taylor Swift

Music for this feel?
>>
File: WHOISTHIS.jpg (69 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
WHOISTHIS.jpg
69 KB, 480x720
Can somebody please tell me what artist this is? Anons seem to think I'm baiting but I honestly do not know and reverse searching this image brings up nothing
>>
anyone got swans?
>>
>>65912219
do black woman or uncle meat soon, they're amazing.

>>65915799
>spent the whole day with gf and a bunch of other friends
when should i s/t and how?
>>
>>65916384
nah

>>65918684
>>65920462
>>65920571
>>65920696
hi there, you seem to have made a mistake in your post
>>
>>65921107
I'm >>65920571 poster btw
What mistake did I make?
>>
File: 1462827397151.jpg (857 KB, 756x9800) Image search: [Google]
1462827397151.jpg
857 KB, 756x9800
>>65920571
me irl btw
>>
File: 1396146578608.jpg (124 KB, 762x668) Image search: [Google]
1396146578608.jpg
124 KB, 762x668
>>65921220
Luckily, the users of /daily/ are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You don't appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity is very important to this community! Whoops! You should always remember to put on your tripcode when the thread you removed it to shitpost in is gone, unless another one is started! Posting without a tripcode when it is the general's culture is poor form. You should always try to post under a name, unless your identity is absolutely detrimental to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the tripfag circlejerk culture!

btw she's
https://sportsjunk.bandcamp.com
>>
>>65921861
okay now that i have a tripcode on can i just have >>65920571 pic related's name?
>>
HOUSE IS SO GOOD
Well more so Delroy Edwards, but I've only hit the tip of the iceberg so I'm staying positive there's even better artists

>>65921838
/lit/ can be so fun sometimes. This thread I started on CLT blew up and it revealed to me how much like /mu/ they can get on certain subjects
>>
>>65922030
ryuuko matoi

>>65922150
i believe that, but i've yet to watch it

link to the thread maybe?
>>
>>65922299
It was sometime in last year, no link unfortunately
>>
>>65922299
No, the name of the girl in the picture in this post >>65920571
>>
>>65922411
no clue m8, sorry
>>
>>65922411
Have you tried asking >>>/wsr/
>>
>>65911682

The only bad features on here are the Chris James songs
>>
Has anybody been updating the Spotify playlists?
>>
>>65922814
No.
I gave up on it because it didn't seem like there was enough interest :P
Feel free to add to it if you want though:
https://open.spotify.com/user/damsjans/playlist/4scjniCvb5sVgLQDJgMwbX
>>
>>65922922
Thank you dammy jammy
>>
So I finally got done with listening to all of Stereolab's albums up until the first one I heard (Dots and Loops). They only really hit their stride in Emperor Tomato Ketchup. The earlier albums aren't terrible, but it's that jingly indie rock that just drones. And drones. AND DRONES.

Listening to the Cobra and Phases one and already feel jumpy to the opening track.
>>
>>65923668
I'll gladly take jangle-indiepop stereolab way before I'll take slow-rock stereolab.
>>
File: tumblr_ngha2bNRp51sosxwco1_500.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngha2bNRp51sosxwco1_500.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
Good Morning /daily/!

Feeling a little bit woozy from yesterday but round 2 tonight!

Downloading MerzxHainoxPandi now. Probably going to be trash ;^)
>>
>>65923788

I wouldn't call this slow, though. Dots and Loops and this Cobra and Phases album are jazzy and jumpy, with some electronic touches that are quite nice.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-25-01-32-57.png (139 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-25-01-32-57.png
139 KB, 480x800
>>65924006
I'll have to check it out then, in the meantime I'm AOTY hunting. Not feeling it so far with this one but hopefully it'll get better as it progresses
>>
File: oh no.png (56 KB, 764x353) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
56 KB, 764x353
>tfw Kpop is now in top played tracks on last.fm
Guess trip btw.
>>
>>65924104
Torts duh

Either that or Shamepai or trans
>>
>>65924114
Good guesses but nope.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (405 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
405 KB, 1280x1280
i wasnt too big on the first few isolated tracks off of it i'd heard this is a nice surprise
this is the maturing of the trancecore genre, into something really atmospheric
this is aotysf

>>65924114
>doobie brothers
nah, definitely TE
>>
>>65924159
Ding ding ding! You're correct.

Thanks for playing, lads.
>>
>>65924195
Where have you been
I've been needing a friend to celebrate entry into the 1000's
>>
>>65906944
Mount Kimbie have done some killer stuff
>>
>>65924257
Sorry for not postin' in a while. Also, damn nice job, Bear. Gotta listen to Arrayed soon.
>>
File: top10.png (41 KB, 788x444) Image search: [Google]
top10.png
41 KB, 788x444
>>65924114
no that's not me

my top tracks are considerably more offensive to the weak of heart.
>>
>>65924393
It's cool, you've been busy, we all have. Summer's here after all. My favorite time to post is during the end of the year anyways

Oh yeah, let me know what you think when you get around to it. Hopefully you'll like it more than the EP
>>
>>65924438
Exo's First Love should probably be at no.1 but it was only on a repackage of an album so I've never scrobbled it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_iNFQhr6AI
>>
>>65924438
Heh

What are the chances of a kpop album reigning as your AOTY so far?
>>
>>65924257
weeeeeeeew
>>
>>65924438
Oh damn you really are Kpop af. Also, what's yer last.fm?
>>65924442
I'll be writing about every /daily/ release I listen to so yeah I'll definitely let ya know what I think of it.
>>
>>65924467
wew
>>
>>65924459
probably 0%, it'd have to beat Blackstar.

Even in the pop slot, Beyonce's Lemonade is probably gonna take it.
>>
>>65924494
I meant what your poseur-AOTY was going to be, not your ACTUAL aoty
>>
>>65924471
>Also, what's yer last.fm?
http://www.last.fm/user/PhaserOverload
>>
>>65924537
>I meant what your poseur-AOTY
Moon Shaped Pool. I'm not a fan, but the poseurs like it!
>>
>>65924561
Followed
Your compatibility with PhaserOverload is Very High.
You both listen to 소녀시대, f(x) and Ground Zero.

Yee
>>
>>65924537
if you want the kpop AOTY there's pretty much no chance anything is going to beat out EXO's "Exact" tho

I mean if you were interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tZ_cmjkzX8
>>
>>65924619
I am very interested in what you'll ultimately end up putting on your end list when we start doing AOTY tourneys. If this happens to be it, then I'm looking forward to it!
>>
Which songs some up your feelings and mood most of the time?
I made a compilation for my friends to hear for this exact criterion.
>>
>>65924671
Banshee Beat always makes me feel that everything will be okay. It's my healing song.

I wonder what feeling xiu xiu gives you
>>
>>65924671
https://youtu.be/RgWwkHt8hM0
>>
>>65924671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXuKaoKtdQ
*mysterious*
>>
>>65924671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMd8BkkCiUY
and maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvbyZ1SyCc
when shit hits the fan
>>
>>65924689
confusion, sadness, loneliness
>>
>>65916808
Hey don't make fun of our national hero
>>
>>65924438
what mental disorder prevents you from becoming suicidal at this point in your life
>>
>>65925359
self-confidence, a healthy sense of detachment from the /mu/ hivemind
>>
>>65925359
>>65925481
Yeah a general sense of contentedness, positive energy & satisfaction with life.
>>
Still cruisin with Stereolab, just finished "The First of the Microbe Hunters", another album where I liked every track. So that's three albums with my X rating. This group became a very fast favorite. They're really, really good with that nice and easy sound while making sure it's never too dull, even when a groove carries on for minutes at a time, at this point they're adding electronic flourishes and a wide range of synths from the gentle treble echoes to the vibrating bass.
>>
File: meeeemmeeeee.jpg (459 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
meeeemmeeeee.jpg
459 KB, 1417x1417
Eric Clapton & BB King - Riding With The King (dad)

pretty amazing guitar work, some fun blooze.
4/5
>>
File: 502.png (10 KB, 334x298) Image search: [Google]
502.png
10 KB, 334x298
>>65924257
whoa nice

you reminded me to check where my ep is standing and look how close i am to the top 500

>>65924671
just pull out any song out of songs of pain
but especially monkey in a zoo, an idiot's end, and tuna ketchup
>>
L I S T E N A L O N G

Đuza Stojiljković - Ljubav I Moda

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bi9g5mtl2z2d7s1/%C4%90uza+Stojiljkovi%C4%87+%281961%29+-+Ljubav+I+Moda+%28EP%29.rar
(taken from http://samosviraj.blogspot.rs/2016/04/uza-stojiljkovic-1961-ljubav-i-moda-ep.html?m=1)

not on YT :(
>>
File: okok.png (12 KB, 1023x379) Image search: [Google]
okok.png
12 KB, 1023x379
>>65926540
>not on YT :(
y'all are lazy as fuck its 8 fucking minutes
>>
>>65926674
thanks <3
yamir, official listenalong saviour
>>
>>65926674
i'rs already been copyrighted
>>
brah is RYM down?
>>
File: haha oh wow.png (230 KB, 1318x806) Image search: [Google]
haha oh wow.png
230 KB, 1318x806
>>65926707
>>65926781
lol

im gonna try something to see if it works
>>
>>65926986
SONEMIC NOW!?
>>
it's too fucking hot in denmark right now
us northerners aren't built for this
>>
>>65927013
Sonemic is a fucking stupid name for a website
>>
>>65927053
so is 4chan
whatever
>>
>>65927052
I blame the brexit.
>>
>>65926986
not for me
>>
>>65927067
obviously
>>
File: MHP 2016.jpg (57 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
MHP 2016.jpg
57 KB, 600x601
>Haino/Merzbow/Pandi - An Untroublesome Defencelessness

The album consists of 2 pieces separated into parts.

The first track “Why is the courtesy of the prey always confused with the courtesy of the hunters” consists of 3 parts. Highlights for this one are the opening guitar playing from Haino on the second part, where he kicks the whammy pedal in. It sounds fantastic. I also really liked the channel separation of Masami’s noise sections on the last part, making it more of a spacial experience. Works well with the build up the track experiences.

The second track “How differ the instructions of the left from the instructions of the right” continues similar explorations with Haino mostly relying on occasional bursts of Bailey-esque improvisation and simple rock riffs. Pandi really works his ass off on this record. His drumming is immaculate. During the second part, Masami takes control and drowns everyone in waves of subtle noise before Haino comes in with a lazy-sounding guitar rant and tom-filled Pandi performance.

Funny thing Haino doesn’t use his vocal chords up to the third part of the second piece. Guess what? It’s the second release in 2016 (and ever so far) where Haino tears his vocal chords on some English prayers. Then again, he indulges into recycling of the lines from his old song titles and this year’s release with O’Rourke and Ambarchi. Doesn’t hurt the album much, but is a thing to note. It actually sounds really really cool at the end of this third part where it is just Haino talking with absolute silence in the back.
>>
File: Haino Pandi.jpg (22 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Haino Pandi.jpg
22 KB, 1280x720
>>65927350
This album is surprisingly straightforward. Haino plays what sounds like actual riffs with occasional distractions into cosmic soloing. Merzbow only joins in with less harsh noise sections. Pandi just drums his life away. It reminds me of Yoshida’s speedy drumming but the major existing difference ,compared to New Rap for example, is the density Merzbow brings in with his noise generators. There is no breathing space for any sound. I think this was a better execution of Haino’s english vocal performance as well, because there were some dynamic differences towards the end of part three of the second piece.

Great performance from the trio. Can recommend if you’re into free improvisation like this.

8/10
>>
I'm tortsally feelin' up for it again, suggest me an album cover to edit for daily image the best idea gets it better be gud
>>
File: R-2114795-1264844840.jpeg.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
R-2114795-1264844840.jpeg.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>65927608
>>
>>65927012
Thank you yamir for your hard work. I apologise for bein' a plen and not uploading it.
>>65927608
>>65927642
Do this pls
>>
File: we only in it for the money.jpg (645 KB, 1418x1416) Image search: [Google]
we only in it for the money.jpg
645 KB, 1418x1416
>>65927608
of course
>>
>>65927608
Do the worst 9th.
>>
>>65927701
oh baby here we go again

gimme some time for this one it'll be harder methinks for sure
>>
1 MB, 842x856
Neil Young - On the Beach
whooo boy this oughta trigger people who don't like Neil Young (why, by the way)
apparently Neil Young didn't even bother to master this album, not that it's a bad thing, it lends a welcome prominence to the bass guitar and drums over the guitar, shit's fucking rare to find in a rock album like this
This album is a bit ecclectic, it's mostly comfy little folk tunes (and what fookin tunes they are), but then he'll throw a curveball with 8 straight minutes of blues, or a protest song in which yer man confesses to killing a dog and owning 25 rifles to keep the population in check (SDC, you'd love this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uopmr4sBNM4)
it's so fucking comfy, it's like seeing a sunrise after staying up all night

Nas - Illmatic
I can vibe to this, but sometimes the songs drag on too long
end of story
>>
>>65927892
what next also
>>
>>65927892
astral weeks
>>
>>65927892
Yeah I don't know why people don't like Young, that songs nice too, will listen to that album soon.

>>65927907
Pink Flag
>>
File: tourney8.png (3 MB, 2502x1405) Image search: [Google]
tourney8.png
3 MB, 2502x1405
i'm here with the final results of my first tourney!
final round: mark vs. fish!

>martin siewert and martin brandlmayr
martin and martin came up with some pretty nice soundscapes on this. relaxing, calming, and generally serene, save for the interesting bits where it gets noisy. i actually can't say anything other than that though. not much held my attention. pretty sounds nonetheless. favorite track: is this love?

>deltron 3030 - s/t
a fucking TRIP this was. production was really damn good for the most part, evoking equal parts dj premier and the avalanches. del's flow winds like a river, pulling off dense rhyme schemes left and right while painting a picture of a crazy sci-fi hip-hop galaxy. i didn't like his delivery much at first, and the way each bar melts into the next wasn't really to my liking, but it grew on me. i can't say i loved it, but i really really liked it. super solid.

FISH WINS THE INAUGURAL TOURNAMENT OF FUCK!!! if you want, you can ask me to shittily photoshop a terrible custom meme for you.

thank you to everyone who joined for participating!
>>
>>65927997
Is that you on all those covers?
>>
>>65927997
forgot to mention my favorite track on deltron 3030 is 3030. 3030? more like 10/10
>>
>>65927997
You hadn't heard Deltron 3030 yet? I'm a bit surprised but then again I haven't heard it either.
>>65928021
It's actually Magus_The_Sexy
>>
>>65928041
That guy looks nothing like me, what are you talking about?
>>
>>65922150
>/lit/ can be so fun sometimes.
i browse /lit/ sometimes but i find it funny that you mention it because pic related was an example of /lit/ being a bad plac
>>
File: demotwoglasses.jpg (21 KB, 299x299) Image search: [Google]
demotwoglasses.jpg
21 KB, 299x299
>>65928021
nah it's actually Magus_The_Sexy
no but really it's demolition d+
>>
>>65928125
Alright demolition d+, whatever you say. New video when?
>>
>>65928139
when kyoani makes something that isn't an adaption
>>
>>65928252
Is that /a/ talk for "never"?
>>
>want to listen to music but it's almost time for a whole afternoon of memeball
anyone has a 5 minutes piece of music for that feel?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.