[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats does /mu/ think of braids? I genuinely love them, but why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: braidsband.jpg (31 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
braidsband.jpg
31 KB, 720x405
whats does /mu/ think of braids?
I genuinely love them, but why so much hate?
>>
does that woman have a penis?
>>
>none of them have braids
>cavesponge.jpg
>>
>>65902886
That's not funny anymore, you hear me?
>>
>>65902631
You can tell by the way they look that they make trite indie pop
>>
So no one is down to tell me an appropriate opinion?
>>
>>65902631
Oh look, it's another cute girl + 2 or 3 nu-male looking white guys band.

Let me guess, they make bland generic indie music for teen girls and crosley owners, right?
>>
>>65902960
this anon rite here >>65902943 gave more than a reasonable opinion why noone would listen to this shit
>>
>>65902960
Excellent band anon

Saw them in Bristol on Weds night. Incredible gig. What stuck me is how hard they work in terms of creating their soundworld live. The lead singer was a qt in person too and signed a vinyl I purchased.

Some great tunes
>>
>>65903002
fair enough. but just saying most people or girls ive tried showing this band to has never heard of them.
>>
>>65903015
again, fair enough, ive just been wondering why the hate, youknow.
>>
>>65903015
Why don't you stop judging books by their cover. Sorry they're not greasy failed middle age 20 something white males
>>
>>65903076
lucky, the day i found out they put out a new ablum (deep in the iris), which was five months after the release, they just finished playing in my hometown. honestly would have killed to see them, since ive been a fan since the flourish/perish era. what do you think of the new EP?
>>
>>65903207
It's not bad at all! Not as immediate as Deep in the Iris, but worked really well live.

Flourish/Perish is fast becoming my favourite. I really dig the slightly austere nature of the record. Deep in the Iris has their best standout tunes (Happy When, Taste etc.), but can get a bit jarring, aurally, if one keeps listening through it incessantly.

What about you? 'Joni' is a favourite of mine off Companion.
>>
>>65903164
This is surface shit. Stop talking to retards.
>>
Jesus this thread alone is proof enough that most people here can't talk about music at all.

To answer your question, I've heard Native Speaker and it's quite good. I'm not surprised that they didn't become bigger though because their sound isn't that unique.
>>
>>65903311
really? i dig deep in the iris out of their entire discog, i feel like it had good song placement and the album does a good job for not getting stale, bought it in October and still listen to it on a daily, its in my top 5 for 2015

Joni, by far is the best song off the new EP. Id say sweet world but i overplayed that track when it was still own as 13.

Joni had some phenomenal instrumentals and for coming off as accessible, just the deliverance of the song sets a standard in what a song should be. As basic as that sounds.

Sweet World is great too but can often be a drag for unnecessary atmospheric filler.
>>
>>65903469
Try Deep In The Iris, anon. Yes, it's not the most original music ever written, but there're some really well-written tunes on there e.g. Bunny Rose, Getting Tired and the aforementioned others
>>
>>65903486
I agree. I felt like I had to stop listening to DitI for a few months, but when listening to it again recently prior to Wed's gig - fuck! What a record. Wish I could see them at Glasto. Wed's gig was packed too. Great atmosphere.

Not heard 'Sweet World' - will give a listen!

Have you listened to much Blue Hawaii?
>>
>>65903539
I have, I'm not to fond of them. I still haven't given Untogether a proper chance. Even when I do try to listen to it, I just can't get into it, I find it boring. As singles go "Try to Be" was a good song off that album, and "Get Happy" was goty

As side projects go, they only have one good song, to say the least memorable.

I'm sure its not the opinion you wanted to hear:(
>>
>>65903539
Haha, it's fine! Untogether is mixed. I only really listen for RS-P's vocals.

Didn't realise Sweet World was track 4 on Companion - great tune.

Are you going to any of their upcoming gigs?
>>
>>65903637
sorry,
>>65904077
was supposed to be your reply!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.