[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All about the bass:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: guitar 02.jpg (108 KB, 691x900) Image search: [Google]
guitar 02.jpg
108 KB, 691x900
Hello lads!
Im about to buy my first bass guitar and I would need some advice. Basically there are 2 guitars in the price range. One of them is the Yamaha BB424X and the other one is the Ibanez SR300 / SR300E . I cant choose because I play on acoustic guitar there are no such things as pickups or anything like that.
>>
buy a fender or squire p bass
>>
>>65900538
this guy has no originality and is uninteresting. Admittedly, it is said that many studio engineers enjoy the P-bass sound cuz it's easy to mix.
>>65900316
Honestly, I'm curious as to your intentions. Do you play in a band? what kind of music do you like?
>>
>>65900316
Ibanez SR series are great. I just sold my srx but that was fun as hell to play. The necks are solid and active pickups were very adaptable
>>
>>65900316
Get the Yamaha. Every time. You'll be hated by everyone but bass players, just so you know.
>>
>>65900627
People dig the Fenders because of aesthetics, my man. No bass player looks bad with a Fender Jazz on their shoulders. Strap that Ibanez on and you automatically look like shit.
>>
>>65900627
Im playing in a rock band we usually play Metallica ,Ac/dc and nirvana. I was a rhythm guitarist but the bassist is out so I will be the new bassist and the singer will play the rhythm guitar. So i would need a good bass but I dont want to buy some cheap guitar because I need a good long term bass.
>>
>>65900738
Damn, this made me want to frogpost.
But uh. I dunno, I don't have much of a reason to dislike Fender/Squier aside from how popular they are. To clarify, whenever I see someone with a Fender or Squier I just think to myself "This person does not think deeply enough about their purchases. Why are they settling for the lowest common denominator? Surely they could have found something else."

I just don't like how basic Fender is nowadays. I don't like Gibson either. I appreciate some of their designs but mostly every time I see a P-bass or a J-bass I'm disappointed.
>>
>>65900785
>I just don't like how basic Fender is nowadays. I don't like Gibson either. I appreciate some of their designs but mostly every time I see a P-bass or a J-bass I'm disappointed.
That's why I play a Yamaha, my man.
>>
>>65900785
What about a Schecter?
>>
>>65900765
The Ibanez SR300E seems like your best bet in terms of tonal capability. Of course, a good portion of tone is how you play. I'd recommend finding a way to test these instruments before you buy them because if your shit comes in the mail or whatever and its set-up sucks dick, that's gonna be more money out of your pocket. Of course, everyone's situation is different.
I'd recommend the Ibanez but if you want something that'll fuckin look sick, go for the Yamaha.
What caused you to settle on these two?
>>
>>65900823
Schecter has some really, really cool designs for both bass and guitar. I like em. I'd love to get a five/six string from them one day.
>>65900813
Eyyy, Yamaha is mad underrated B)
>>
Don't have any personal experience with the basses you are looking at but I've liked the Ibanez bass's I have played, not crazy about the aesthetic of either bass though.
>>
>>65900824
well the price range because I live in hungary and there are no more options. I would't want a Squier because my solo guitar is a squier bullet strat although it has a good sound but the bottom of the neck cracked in two weeks but I bought it brand new and they said it was a factory mistake.
>>
>>65900859
I'm looking for a beginner bass too. I had look at a Squire Vintage Modified 70's J Bass for the aesthetics (and price) but I'm not sure if to go for that one and get the look I want or get this one from Schecter and get a bass I think looks OK but that will probably sound better.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/stiletto-vintage-4-detail

Schecter also has this fucking beauty which is like my Holy Grail aesthetics-wise:

http://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/model-t-session-detail
>>
>>65900925
consider making a straw poll. But I personally would recommend the Ibanez SR300E
>>
>>65900958
I'm feeling the Stiletto Vintage. What kind of amp do you have? that's really the most important. at least, for a beginner.
>>
>>65900989
I don't really have an amp right now, I was considering running it through my Focusrite interface and Yamaha monitors while I get an Ampeg BA110 or BA112.

I like the Stiletto too, but I just feel that the sunburst on white pickguard scheme is sooo fucking played out, and that MM pickups are kinda ugly...
>>
>>65900824
I could buy the
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special
or
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass
and there are a lot of Cort guitars in that range but they told me in the guitar shop usually they bring back Corts every week for fixing.
>>
>>65901025
Sunburst on white pickguard is played out but it's mad rare to see a Schecter so it cancels out. The Ampeg BA112 is a bretty gud choice.
>>
File: drummer.jpg (92 KB, 634x425) Image search: [Google]
drummer.jpg
92 KB, 634x425
HOL UP
>plays an "A"
I'M FINNA
>plays an "E"
TICKLE THE FAT STRINGS
>gets buried in the mix
>>
>>65901025
>>65901067
Oh yeah, there's also this one, but I already have 2 black guitars and wanna switch it up a bit.

I think the main difference is this has P/J pups with a soapbar and is an active bass compared to the Vintage.

Man, I don't fucking know. I guess I'll see if I can try 'em out in-store or something.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>65901094
forgot my link like a retard
http://www.schecterguitars.com/bass/stiletto-stealth-4-detail
>>
>>65901079
>gets buried in the mix
If this happens to you then you're a shit bass player.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.