[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the worst albums I've ever listened to I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TheDoorsTheDoorsalbumcover.jpg (24 KB, 294x295) Image search: [Google]
TheDoorsTheDoorsalbumcover.jpg
24 KB, 294x295
This is one of the worst albums I've ever listened to

I didn't know it was possible to be so boring and so obnoxious at the same

Am I missing something?
>>
>>65900135
if scaruffi said it's good, means it's good
>>
>>65900135
Good taste
>>
>>65900135
We had this thread too many times already.

If you don't like it, move on. Some people enjoy blues rock and Morrison's theatrical deliveries. It really isn't that hard to understand.

That being said, Strange Days is superior.
>>
>>65900170
>We had this thread too many times already.
Maybe because they're a terrible band. We've got 5 threads memeing 21 pilots into oblivion as we speak but I don't hear you complaining about that.

>Some people enjoy blues rock and Morrison's theatrical deliveries.
Morisson's theatrical deliveries? Which part of his apathetic moaning is supposed to be theatrical?

Also, blues rock? If this band is blues rock then every band is blues rock. They aren't anything, they're just nondescript shitty music.
>>
>>65900274
>Morisson's theatrical deliveries? Which part of his apathetic moaning is supposed to be theatrical?
Exactly that
>Also, blues rock? If this band is blues rock then every band is blues rock. They aren't anything, they're just nondescript shitty music.
I cannot argue with a person who can't hear obvious blues influences on the record.

As I said, you don't like it then move on. It really is simple that simple.
>>
JESUS CHRIST EVERYONE if you don't like Jim's singing, just try Full Circle. Ray wails, it's all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1S3Ua22b24
>>
>>65900323
>Exactly that
So why is he apathetically moaning? It seems ill-fitting for a song called Light My Fire. Aren't they supposed to be psychedelic rock?

>As I said, you don't like it then move on. It really is simple that simple.
Yes, people are differing on how much they like it. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be talking about it, different opinions are the only reason people argue

We haven't reached any kind of conclusion where what sets us apart is just our opinions, I have no what people see in this band because nobody can seem to make any substantial argument
>>
sounds meditative and romantic to me. Sort of like a wound soul trying to outrun his pain through excess. Pathetic and doomed, but beautiful nonetheless.
>>
Alright, getting trelld here. Especially the label "this is not x, it is nondescript". Are you insane? Can you at least try to come up with a signature sound yourself? How can you not realize that this is awesome to begin with? It's not like there are many bands who have such a recognizable setup and yet so many different styles of delivery? Just compare the end to light my fire and alabama song. All the same instruments, not at all similar to each other. But everyone hears it's the doors immediately.
Don't even get me started on the lyrics, that is already enough.
>>
>>65900387
>So why is he apathetically moaning? It seems ill-fitting for a song called Light My Fire. Aren't they supposed to be psychedelic rock?
Because he is probably high and reimagining himself as one of his favorite poets or some shit.

They are psychedelic rock but for the most part of the self-titled they just do straight up blues rock. They got much more interesting and psychedelic with Waiting for the Sun.
>Yes, people are differing on how much they like it. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be talking about it, different opinions are the only reason people argue.
Agree on that. It's just that discussion barely occurs on this board if you haven't noticed. I don't even bother much because 99% of posts like OP are b8 threads.
>We haven't reached any kind of conclusion where what sets us apart is just our opinions, I have no what people see in this band because nobody can seem to make any substantial argument

Here are some:
>Jim Morrison was one of the most charismatic frontmen at the time. Arguably, he was the only one that people wanted to go out and see because he was always very "into" it aka he had the proper mix of personality and drug intake.

His personality served to be one of the bigger draws towards the band. A loner poet who sings about how strange everyone is. It is really easy to understand how easily that shit will find a crowd to resonate with.

Watch this performance for example:
https://youtu.be/xuxu0HCr0oM

Robby Krieger was a very important guitarist for some of the early noise rock bands. The Doors were much more popular than VU, so he was one of the more global exposures to shit like constant feedback usage.

Ray Manzarek was also interesting for the rock community because he replicated the bass guitar while remaining the main keyboardist of the band.

Personally, I'd suggest listening to Waiting For The Sun.
>>
>>65900564
I can't really support that performance. Crazy doesn't automatically equal entertaining to me, if you're crazy with a purpose I can get on board with it but all their music just sounds like they had a huge case of writers block and just didn't care.

And I don't believe needing to take a reality altering substance to make it good means it's good music.

If other people enjoy this music then good I'm happy for them but I think other people are just more easily impressed. If these guys came out nowadays /mu/ would be calling them faux artsy bullcrap.

Will check out Waiting For The Sun tho
>>
>>65900274
>They aren't anything, they're just nondescript shitty music
My sides.
>>
File: jimm.jpg (227 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
jimm.jpg
227 KB, 700x500
TAKE THE HIGHWAY TO THE END OF THE NIGHT
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.