[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a very shitting band with a good friend of mine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_monqluphQq1rwl09fo1_500.gif (962 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_monqluphQq1rwl09fo1_500.gif
962 KB, 500x371
I'm in a very shitting band with a good friend of mine. I write the music, she does the words, I play guitar, she plays keyboards.

We only have like four or five songs written and have been asked to play multiple house shows, material unseen. Music is fuzzpop, lyrics are shit that she came up with. Drum Machine, Keyboard, Guitar, and Female Vocals.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
have fun and don't fuck up
>>
>>65900046
Derail it into patrician improvisation.
>>
>>65900046
do you have a bandcamp or anything? clyp.it some songs or something if not so we can hear them.
>>
File: 433546342353.png (143 KB, 387x420) Image search: [Google]
433546342353.png
143 KB, 387x420
>>65900046
>very shitting
>>
>very shitting
english not first languish
>>
>>65900477
>>65900454
are you retarded? shittling = middling = mediocre but shittier
>>
fuck her
>>
>>65900046
I made the same mistake op, she was shit at instruments but I thought I could get her to sing over my shoegaze guitar songs....

Am 20 times better off literally doing everything myself,,, bands are overrated
>>
>>65900046
Let me guess, shes the type who tells all your friends "were in a band" before you guys can even write one song
>>
I'm playing my 5th show monday and my band still only has 12 minutes of material across like 6 songs

every single show we've played has been at least 50% touring acts

just play
>>
>>65900499
get fucked
>>
>>65900499
Sorry buddy were not from fairy hobbit land
>>
>>65900819
only true patricians come from Fairy Hobbit Land
>>
>>65900773
He already said they wrote five songs you fuckin menist
>>
>>65900781
>12 minutes of material across like 6 songs
Kek.
This is the state of the underground.

I'm playing my 12th show in two weeks. My band has been together in this incarnation since September. We have an hour and a half across 12 songs. Half an album recorded, and people are starting to notice us.

Too bad we are breaking up after this last show. In less than a year more drama has taken place than I ever wanted to deal with. I just wanted to play bass.
>>
>>65900950
at least let those 12 songs leak somewhere, grow a cult following, and then come back in 12 years on a reunion tour playing entirely new material, only to end the tour by playing your most popular song from back in the day, and sign off forever, leaving unofficial circulations of your live shows to be bootlegged until your myth is so large that nobody can trace it back to the origin.
>>
>>65900950
nobody likes long sets and I can assure you I'm playing better shows with my 12 minutes than whatever pay-to-play garbage you've been overstaying your welcome on
>>
>>65901168
i like long sets if its a band i already like
>>
>>65901168
>nobody likes long sets and I can assure you I'm playing better shows with my 12 minutes than whatever pay-to-play garbage you've been overstaying your welcome on

If this were actually the case, I think I wouldn't be upset that we're breaking up. It honestly feels like you've lost a loved one.
Real shame.

Also, we do about 30 to 45 minutes usually. We just happen to have an hour and a half of originals, and maybe 20 minutes of covers.

And I'd never play a show where I had to sell the tickets. That's the venue's job.
My friends up north used to have to deal with that shit. All the scammer promoters were run out of the state though.
>>
>>65900993
I like you.
>>
>>65901297
you sound like a shitty dadband
>>
>>65901369
if you heard noise while reading that you may be experiencing synesthesia
>>
>>65901369
Because we fucking are. The singer is great, but her taste has inhibited a lot of things. She also is dramatic as fuck.

Shitty dadbands are the scene in this metropolitan area.
>>
After I get ~7 songs written (including covers) how do I get that first show? Especially as an electronic musician. I have zero knowledge of PA systems, amps, etc.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.