[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here learned how to play guitar from playing Rocksmith?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg (52 KB, 300x379) Image search: [Google]
Rocksmith_2014_cover.jpg
52 KB, 300x379
Has anyone here learned how to play guitar from playing Rocksmith? I'm thinking of getting Rocksmith and just wanna make sure I'm not being stupid.
>>
Learn basic chords for free instead of buying a software that probably cost 60$ anon
>>
>>65899857
I know basic chords already. I'm looking to get back into playing after a ten year hiatus
>>
If you can get it for cheap like on the steam sale
it's a fun way to learn songs, but the part I really liked was the mini games which really help practice quickly switching chords.
>>
File: towlie.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
towlie.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
>>65899321
>never played, only seen vids

There's no reason not to give it a go, OP. If the song list has a bunch of stuff you want, go for it. From what I remember from first learning guitar years ago, is that confidence makes you want to keep playing, and playing along with songs you like is a great way to boost that confidence. It'll mostly help with timing and speed, which is important, but I also suggest checking out basic music theory on the side such as keys, scales, etc. It'll help a lot in knowing WHY what you're playing works, and also give you basic skills to write/record your OWN songs and that is what will raise you to a new level.
>>
I liked it a lot, worked well. Bought a lot of the DLC too, way cooler for pc tho bc you have custom songs, which fantastic.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
I don't play it becuase I hate both the on disc music and the the DLC. There's only so many times you can play Boys Don't Cry and not get bored.

It's okay but I found myself not really remembering how to play what I was learning but instead learning how to play the game. I found the lessons and "arcade" really boring and I only played the learn a song mode.

That being said this games tracklist is ass which makes it hard for me to really want to play it becuase I hate most of it. Yeah sure they have to pander to everyone but it's the most surface level music, even when it comes to genre diversity there's nothing technically interesting or ground breaking there.
>>
The minigames are fun, but RS doesn't do anything for you other than get you more comfortable with the fretboard.
Without a teacher or a secondary source to learn from, you'll just develop bad habits and sloppy playing style.
>>
I didn't like it, spent most the time tuning the guitar just so it will recognize what the hell you're playing
>>
If you go for it OP, get the PC version, and download all of that sweet, sweet CDLC.
>>
>>65899857
You can pirate it pretty easily plus some shitty USB cable does the job.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.