[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ thoughts of the man? Never see threads about him.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
/mu/ thoughts of the man?
Never see threads about him.
>>
He was great, I usually get to work first and put on my music, people usually dig when zappa cones on
>>
i have several songs from we're only in it for the money stuck in my head
>>
File: costanza disgust.jpg (4 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
costanza disgust.jpg
4 KB, 212x218
>>65894047
Complete and utter talentless hack. Exemplifies if not pioneered one of the worst things that ever happened to music.

Made vapid music with no reason to exist other than to piss people off (because it's directionless and obnoxious like a child's fingerpainting, no not because it's 2edgy4me)

Most of his songs were based on some weird stupid innuendo that you can liken to one of those perverted comics you'd get in an email from your creepy uncle and then ran with that for 6 minutes. It goes on for way longer than it should and it still accomplishes nothing.

He made so much material it's honestly amazing there's so little worth listening to. Bobby Brown Goes Down and I'm The Slime are about the only songs I can think of.

I hated this guy the minute he touched my ears in the 6th grade and I hate him now.
>>
>>65895089
get a load of this plastic person
>>
>>65895200
I've had so many people on /mu/ make inane rebuttals like that with no kind of substantial argument I just tune them out like radio static but if you have an argument I'd be happy to listen to it
>>
>>65895089
What are some of your favorite artists? Not using it to attack you, I want to know.
>>
>>65894047
>Never see threads about him.
Frank's Ghost has been spamming the board for weeks
>>
I unironically like his doo wop output
>>
>>65895328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHCvK9pG4Zc

you may not like him, but many people did and still do. if his music isn't your thing, then that's cool, but calling him a "talentless hack" is absurd
>>
Saw Dweezil in concert a number of months ago, it was great. I even talked to him for a few moments, he gave me a few guitar tips. I mainly went there to see some remnant of Frank though.
>>
File: frank-zappa-130309.jpg (39 KB, 474x267) Image search: [Google]
frank-zappa-130309.jpg
39 KB, 474x267
>>65895354
the utter disgust for him is real. i'm curious about his music taste too.
>>
>>65895354
I'm obviously not just against things that are stylized (those are typically my favourite things) but what sets Zappa apart are a few things.
Like being stylized for the sake of it, his "style" just being random bullshit and having nothing substantial beyond style most of the time. Also just being gross and stupid, I feel like I need to take a shower when I listen to his music and not in an endearing way

One such example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NwPJo4ysXI
Blowjob joke with annoying sound effects conveying said blowjob and he takes this and goes with it for 4 minutes iterating the same joke over and over until you're begging for it to stop. Probably one of the worst songs ever made.

I like Death Grips, Boards of Canada, Amon Tobin, Kanye West. Pink Floyd. Like I said, stylized but stylized with a purpose and ideally uses that style to make something substantial.
>>
File: 1463681808326.jpg (128 KB, 1080x804) Image search: [Google]
1463681808326.jpg
128 KB, 1080x804
>>65894047
the most important artist of last century
>>
>>65895449
You just posted one of his songs, that isn't an argument. You'll have to explain why it's supposed to be good.
>>
>>65895089
>Made vapid music with no reason to exist other than to piss people off
Names bobby brown does down as fav track
>>
>>65895531
Lol what a nit picking fuck. Posting another god-tier song from You are What You Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xhrmkrm5fg

>dem sweet harmonies
>>
>>65895589
to plastic to understand
>>
>>65895089
/thread
thank you for this post
>>
>>65895589
>explain why you like this

Neck yourself autismo, objectivity in art doesn't exist therefore all arguments are invalid
>>
>>65895611
kek
>>
>>65895589
What is there to argue about? There are objective standards by which you could determine if a song is, say, poorly produced, lazily performed, perhaps even badly written (to an extent). Beyond that, there isn't really an argument to be made. What would the counter-argument supposedly be, that I personally think the song is well composed?
>>
>>65895629
I mean I guess it isn't terrible

The instrumentation is kind of just a barrage of noise that doesn't seem to go anywhere, it's just there for 4 minutes and it leaves as quickly as it came.

I can't imagine wanting to listen to this on a regular basis

Why is this god-tier music to you?
>>
>>65895695
this
>>
>>65895695
Subjectivity is objective, "autismo"

>>65895725
You can explain on some level even if it's somewhat ambiguous, I didn't say it had to be completely literal like there's a right or wrong answer. I can explain what speaks to me about most of the music I enjoy.
>>
>>65895769
>Subjectivity is objective

Even the way you wrote that felt like the sentence itself had Asperger's. I pity you.
>>
File: 1387141060778.png (58 KB, 1011x801) Image search: [Google]
1387141060778.png
58 KB, 1011x801
>>65895819
Spoken like a true neurotypical

>you on the right
>>
>>65895089
>LOL FUCK YOU CAPTAIN TOM TROROROLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL

his fanbase is even worse than he is
>>
File: 16_GrandWazoo.jpg (334 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
16_GrandWazoo.jpg
334 KB, 600x600
>>65894047
>Never see threads about him.

There's threads about him practically everyday. Lurk more.

Grand Wazoo is his best album.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.