[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been about a week, what's /mu/ thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: swans-glowing-man.jpg (328 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
swans-glowing-man.jpg
328 KB, 2048x2048
>>
>>65893360
dope shit, feel like i'm in a thunderstorm or on the edge of one while listening to it
>>
He made the Seer for a third time.
>>
i'd give it a 15/36
>>
>>65893360
I personally loved it on first listen. It felt a little easier to get through then when I listened to The Seer and even To be kind for the first time. Second listen I loved it even more. Even though it's not as groundbreaking as the seer was at the time this album still feels extremely fresh. Third listen in and It actually as molded a mental identity to me. Sort of like how on the seer I picture dark woods, creepy cabins, creepy faces and villages. With to be kind I picture more floating in space with explosions and bright lights. Now with this I picture stormy seas and volcanoes.
>>
>>65893438
Yea, that sounds about right.
>>
>>65893425
You're a picky little bitch if you think the seer and to be kind sound too much a like.
>>
>>65893360
Good, but not as good as Pre-breakup Swans. 15:36 is a stupid meme
>>
A O T Y
O
T
Y
>>
who's got the link?
>>
>>65893360
15:36
>>
>>65893360
Disappointing. TBK was my favorite of the post-reformation Swans, but TGM goes between sounding like a re-has of that and a somewhat uninteresting attempt at a "holy" Swans if that makes any sense. It is good, I mean, it's still Swans and they've still got it, but it's the first album since the reformation that feels sort of like a throw-away tbqh.

The title track is fucking amazing though.
>>
>>65893360
The Glowing Man is the best track they've made
>>
>>65894167
I wouldn't go that far, but it is the best on this album at least
>>
>>65893360
Absolute trash.
>>
>>65894736
THE OP IS ME AND YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!!!!!
>>
First half is forgettable overall. I like Frankie M but it sounds much better slower IMO. Haven't heard the last three but I'll do so tonight.
>>
>>65893425
You have a point, but music composed of this kind and of this quality is rare to find so I don't mind.
>>
any got a download link? I havent heard it yet
>>
>>65895660
Finished it.

Bit of a let down compared to The Seer. Most of the longer songs don't stand out past one or two moments, but The Glowing Man is nice. Frankie M's not a bad song but that recording could've been better (disregarding the meme). The shorter songs were all pretty good though.
>>
>>65893360
dunno, fantano still hasn't reviewed it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.