[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>''classical'' >''traditional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: rockism.png (34 KB, 481x516) Image search: [Google]
rockism.png
34 KB, 481x516
>''classical''
>''traditional folk'' and/or ''world music''
>''electronic music''
>''jazz''
>>
this board discusses memes far more often than anything else, and that's how things ought to be
>>
>Hey /mu/ what are some good electronic albums?
>>
>>65889542
TPAB, MBDTF, SAWII
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108 KB, 400x381
>genre music
>>
>>65889566
Only one genre posted ITT
>>
>>65889489
>genres
>you still accept this needless human concept for micromanagement and categorization
:o)
>>
>>65889627
>>65889593
>>
>>65889627
t. careless slob
>>
>>65889636
Typical of p4k and /mu/ mindless drones who only listen to what they're told is ''patrician''
>>
>>65889489

3 months ago, "traditional folk" was considered the correct term for "world music", now you fags are mad about that too? what's it gonna be next?
>>
>>65889670
The genres have names

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_folk_music_traditions

Or should we just call everything not traditional folk or classical pop now?
>>
>>65889670
>centuries of music from over 200 countries should just all be called ''trad folk''

>god fucking forbid you call muh first wave post-rock band 3rd wave zomg zomg!!!!
>>
>>65889656
nice strawman attempt but you're wrong. your rejection of organization is pretty clear proof that you're an unreliable, antisocial manchild though
>>
>>65889744
>>centuries of music from over 200 countries should just all be called ''trad folk''
that's what was considered acceptable on /mu/ until right now. even the figureheads of the whole /trad/ general (hampus, turny) have no issue with it
>>
are sweet and hot jazz off limit terms?

also what do you call music from after the baroque period but before romanticism
>>
>>65889756
I'm the guy you originally responded to but uh
>billions of sub- and microgenres
>for the most minute changes in sound and structure in songwriting
hmmm i don't call that rejection of organization i call that being sensible
limiting yourself according to tags and limitations set out by genre is a self-defeating purpose for finding music
>>
>>65890136
honest there's no way to reply to that without getting into the descriptive/prescriptive debate, and I'm not in the mood for that. I was just jostling the guy anyway
>>
>>65889948
Classical would be correct. But not all western art music is classical.

You're basically just stating the point.
>>
>using eras as genres
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.