[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I missing when it comes to making beats for my tracks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 1051x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 1051x1416
What am I missing when it comes to making beats for my tracks? They seem to lack a "glue" that holds them together and makes the track fluid? How do I fix this? Can anyone help me?

For example: faxing Berlin sounds so complete and flows nicely. My beats sound a little awkward or stutters.
>>
>>65887146
P H A T S Y N T H S
>>
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm new and just want to get better at making music
>>
Mixing/Compression, better arranging on the daw
>>
Post a track so we can have a better idea of what you need
>>
i have the same problem anon, maybe u need some white noise in the background and work that compression man
>>
>>65887210
I've been struggling with compression. Specifically side chaining. In layman sterns could you help me understand the concept? I would be grateful
>>
shoot smack
>>
Why do people get shit for trying to make rap, trap or certain kinds of edm but other types like techno or house are acceptable? does it have to do with fads?
>>
>>65887146
SONG OF THE YEAR/VIDEO MUSIC OF THE YEAR ALERT!
SONG OF THE YEAAR /VIDEO MUSIC OF THE YEAR ALERT!
Talk about come and see come and see me baby

http://youtu.be/Ockhq8E2FrA
>>
>>65887574
Stop shilling fucker
>>
is all about mastering m8, you are not gonna make it beause you need money and equipment, you can do everything with a laptop, but u need a good machine for godtier mastering
>>
>>65887746
Why cant I just learned how to master or have someone else do it? And I don't want to quit because I can't master I really want to make music
>>
>>65887302
>fucking layman sterns
>>
>>65887146
we can't help if we can't hear any of what you've done
post a link yo
>>
>>65887146
>cakeface
>cowtits
>beats
>hip hop

How can you have so much shit taste you have more shit taste than any other tread. fuck you.
>>
>>65887146
add a track of ambience in the back and mix it in snugly & quietly, it fills the gaps really nicely and shouldn't be noticeable.
>>
>>65888544
cope
>>
>>65887574
future rapping at a piano he is barely playing is almost insulting
>>
>>65887746
>confusing mixing with mastering

>>65887791
don't listen to him, "mastering" isn't something you do in your shitty "studio" to your FLstudio beatz, MIXING is the word you're looking for

You need to learn proper mixing

>B-BUT HOW

youtube google [your shitty genre] mixing/daw/production. analyze the songs you like, learn what makes them good. read about compression, mid side processing, efficient workflow, send tracks, your DAW in and out, etc etc etc

it takes YEARS before you git gud. don't be impatient
>>
>>65888544
Are you retarded? I made no mention of hip hop or beats. I'm taking about standard four to floor beats as in house
>>
>>65888457
Typo
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.